• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What are you currently playing?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Download Madden 21 last night. Will dive in starting tonight. Really loved face of the franchise last year.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Download Madden 21 last night. Will dive in starting tonight. Really loved face of the franchise last year.

Bought it. I find the FOF good but i would add some real life things like Girlfriend, dating, wife, friends etc... to it.

Oh and one more tinny thing

YOU KNOW SOME CANADIAN CITIES PLAY FUCKING HS FOOTBALL SO ADD US IN TO THE STATE CHOICE.

Playing NHL 20 Franchise mode as Buffalo.

You can't argue with 3 first rounders ;)

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The new Madden has a 0.4 User Metacritic score right now. They really need to just blow that part of metacritic up.

I'm buying up cheap Wii and PS3 games lately. September might have some games I'm interested in (Tony Hawk Remaster, Baldur's Gate 3) but I have no issue in busting out the old systems.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bought madden 21 pretty much a glorified roster update of madden 20. Waste of 60 bucks I know that EA has the contract with the NFL to make games with their content. I would like someone to make a game that could compete in the sports gaming industry. Even if they cant use real teams if they spun it to where they made a few fake teams and told a pure story of a player inside the locker room and in an organization similar to play makers where the user makes decisions also while playing the football game would be an interesting concept.

Tenn"cock

Always Somewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 12.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I skipped Madden since people are saying it is almost exactly like the previous years game except for the roster and the backyard mode. smh ... damn money grabs piss me off.

At the moment I am playing Grounded and Outward. Both are good games.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bought madden 21 pretty much a glorified roster update of madden 20. Waste of 60 bucks.

I guess my question is what are fans who complain looking for that’s not there? It’s a football game. They can only tweak it so much each year. I agree it would be nice to simply get a roster update but as far as the actual game and gameplay - it’s perfect? For the amount of hours myself and now my son put into the game its well worth 60 bucks to me.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I skipped Madden since people are saying it is almost exactly like the previous years game except for the roster and the backyard mode. smh ... damn money grabs piss me off.

Face of the franchise is really cool. You can play high school games this year. Superstar KO was great fun on 20. Haven’t checked that out yet on the new one.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess my question is what are fans who complain looking for that’s not there? It’s a football game. They can only tweak it so much each year. I agree it would be nice to simply get a roster update but as far as the actual game and gameplay - it’s perfect? For the amount of hours myself and now my son put into the game its well worth 60 bucks to me.

Personally and this may not be everyones thing but changes to the franchise mode. As a GM physically hiring your scouting staff and appointing them to different universities/pro days/combines/regions and when hiring scouts see what their strengths and weaknesses are.

Physically hiring your head coach and coordinators, setting expectations, seeing how well they work with one another and managing everyday business with your players.

Having players hold out of camp, demanding a new contact asking to be the highest paid in their position or demanding a trade because you used your 1st round pick on someone in their position.

Having team chemistry and seeing how well the team is based on your decision. Trading away a toxic player that isn't getting along with your coach and teammates would drive chemistry up or cutting a player after injury saving money would effect your ability to attract free agents because of your reputation.

just some ideas but I will agree with you in that I am sure even with great ideas there is only so many things you can do before it gets watered down and I think EA is starting to realize people don't care about franchise mode they just want to play online.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally and this may not be everyones thing but changes to the franchise mode. As a GM physically hiring your scouting staff and appointing them to different universities/pro days/combines/regions and when hiring scouts see what their strengths and weaknesses are.

Physically hiring your head coach and coordinators, setting expectations, seeing how well they work with one another and managing everyday business with your players.

Having players hold out of camp, demanding a new contact asking to be the highest paid in their position or demanding a trade because you used your 1st round pick on someone in their position.

Having team chemistry and seeing how well the team is based on your decision. Trading away a toxic player that isn't getting along with your coach and teammates would drive chemistry up or cutting a player after injury saving money would effect your ability to attract free agents because of your reputation.

just some ideas but I will agree with you in that I am sure even with great ideas there is only so many things you can do before it gets watered down and I think EA is starting to realize people don't care about franchise mode they just want to play online.

All that does sound awesome. I do wish there was a greater emphasis on hiring in general - defensive and offensive coordinators etc...but I do still very much enjoy the game. But that’d be some great additions.

What I really miss is NCAA.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of all of the games I could've gotten this week, I ended up picking up Ghostbusters Remastered off the clearance rack. Its only single player which is a downgrade for the original game but the graphics are at least up to par for 2020. It also has like 2 movies worth of dialogue with all of the Ghostbusters actors. I figured I had to own some form of this game.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buy into the cult ...

... and you may even get to play it by 2025!

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did i miss it or do none of you play COD/Warzone????

MaximumSam

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I downloaded Hades for the Switch. It's pretty fun - I'm a sucker for those games that you can play for a bit of a time while watching football - Dead Cells, Slay the Spire, and Into the Breach were my favorites, but this one might jump up there.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outward is an excellent old-school RPG game with actual exploration and adventure, not just a bunch of fetch quests highlighted on a map. One of my favorite games in recent years.

I have primarily been playing Madden 21 online against other people. Lamar Jackson at QB is a lot of fun in this game, he is like Mike Vick was back in the day.

I am big fan of the series, but this has been the sloppiest Madden in years. It's filled with bugs. They still haven't fixed the fucking kick meter which has a slowdown glitch at times. That has literally cost me games in competitive mode when it slowed unexpectedly and I missed XPs.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried Genshin Impact. Nope, not for me.

Instead I'm playing Valkyria Chronicles 4. Not as strong of a tactics game as some of the others in the genre but its still a good Band of Brothers meets anime crossover. Better writing than 90% of anime stuff but still a lot of cliches. There are a lot of little things that bug me. The tank being 1 action dumbs the game down. Having no Scout squad leader does balance the Scouts better but I'd almost rather have Scouts with their super grenades from the first game. VC4 also interrupts the action too much to tell you when special abilities pop off. Its not bad at first but silly once characters level up. As such, the first game is still better for me but this is a solid 8/10 type of experience.

Last edited:

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did i miss it or do none of you play COD/Warzone????
I do. I think it’s just assumed that most people play it given they have enough memory space. Lately my game has been laggy and even just straight up freezing though.

Bedlam131

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never played any Elder Scrolls games so picked up Skyrim, got it on Steam and really enjoying it.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been playing a lot of 7 Days to Die lately.

Pretty typical early-release game, but there is actually some storyline to this one. Needs more, but for $10, you can’t argue too much.

the engine is basically Fallout4 but you can build ANYWHERE. Almost Fallout4 meets Minecraft.

Bedlam131

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, anyone have any suggestions for good mods for Skyrim?