• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What am I missing?

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time I go to ESPN.com or watch the NFL Network, the talking heads are swooning over the Packer's offense. They are continually stating the Packers have the most potent offense in the NFCN... What did I miss? I thought the Packers lost WR James Jones, C Dietrich-Smith, TE Jermichael Finley, a RT... I know they have AR and Lacy, but they have no OLine and untested WRs. I just don't see them as being potent.

Am I the only one who sees it this way?

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's ESPN you're talking about, of course they're in love with Green Bay

Bears will have the better offense, period.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will have a great offense. They always do. But it's a team sport and that's where they fall short.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nelson is hardly untested, and come on… Cobb can play.

But yes, I agree. GB doesn't quite have the talent that the Bears do. And I don't believe the difference between AR and Cutler quite compensates enough.

However, ESPN caters to its viewers. GB is an easy team to like, and most people do root for them. Hard for us to think about, but the Packers are actually a cool underdog storied team from a no name city with a small market. Their likability is infinitely higher than the Bears.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nelson is hardly untested, and come on… Cobb can play.

But yes, I agree. GB doesn't quite have the talent that the Bears do. And I don't believe the difference between AR and Cutler quite compensates enough.

However, ESPN caters to its viewers. GB is an easy team to like, and most people do root for them. Hard for us to think about, but the Packers are actually a cool underdog storied team from a no name city with a small market. Their likability is infinitely higher than the Bears.

Cobb and Nelson can play, yes, but when defenses don't have to worry about Jones and Finley I think it will be a tad bit easier to defend. So I stand by my original assumption.

I understand your explanation, and agree... But that is what bothers me. If they report only to appeal to fans then doesn't that discredit them? For example, they have this ranking for teams over the next three years... They have Seattle #1. Okay, but considering that team will be picked apart via FA after next season, what kind of shit are they shoveling?

I know ESPN and NFL Network are feeding the homer nation, but sometimes the shit gets on my nerves.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cobb and Nelson can play, yes, but when defenses don't have to worry about Jones and Finley I think it will be a tad bit easier to defend. So I stand by my original assumption.

I understand your explanation, and agree... But that is what bothers me. If they report only to appeal to fans then doesn't that discredit them? For example, they have this ranking for teams over the next three years... They have Seattle #1. Okay, but considering that team will be picked apart via FA after next season, what kind of shit are they shoveling?

I know ESPN and NFL Network are feeding the homer nation, but sometimes the shit gets on my nerves.

Nelson has been GB's best receiver for years now, his production will certainly not drop off. I doubt Cobb's does either. That team still has one of the best young RB's in the game, and AR. More than enough. Finley didn't even play last year, and Jones was hurt a lot the past couple of years. Nelson has been a beast without them, and Cobb is a great big play young WR.

ESPN isn't that credible, haven't been for quite some time. However, their job isn't to be "credible". They don't cater to the uber-fanatic fan. They cater to the casual sports viewer, which is what the vast majority of their viewers are. Just people who watch sports coverage to pass the time, and keep up with the basic gist of things.

If you want real in-depth coverage, there's plenty of great sites out there. The internet has done wonders for sports fans.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"ESPN isn't that credible, haven't been for quite some time. However, their job isn't to be "credible". They don't cater to the uber-fanatic fan. They cater to the casual sports viewer, which is what the vast majority of their viewers are. Just people who watch sports coverage to pass the time, and keep up with the basic gist of things."

yep. Or as filler in the background as you're making dinner or something.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"ESPN isn't that credible, haven't been for quite some time. However, their job isn't to be "credible". They don't cater to the uber-fanatic fan. They cater to the casual sports viewer, which is what the vast majority of their viewers are. Just people who watch sports coverage to pass the time, and keep up with the basic gist of things."

yep. Or as filler in the background as you're making dinner or something.

Yeah, I mean. I'm not going to lie. I watch it like everyone else, but it's background noise while I'm on the laptop or something. I don't sit there and mull over every sentence. I take it for what it is. It's still a great way to watch highlights you haven't seen, and keep up on some general BS.

It's a hard job to run ESPN, and I don't blame those in charge at all. People don't get it. They have to fill up two and half hours worth of SC in 24 hours, and then they have their talk shows. Obviously, there's only so much to be talked about that is neutral to the country and of interest to everyone. Everyone bitches about the LeBron coverage, Kobe, Yankees, Cowboys, etc… but they really can't do anything else. Do you know how hard it is to fill up a sports show? There's only so much shit to talk about. They've been doing this a long time, and they know what they're doing. If you want local coverage, watch CSN, or go online. Shit…

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i get thumbs down by a poster, who didnt even contribute to the thread, and yes, to elborate lacy is a legit running threat, cobb is healthy and could notch 100 catches, nelson is a serious threat.........boykin is legit

not to mention they drafted davante adams(im a believer in him), jared abbrederis, and the big burner jeff janis

they loaded up in the draft, have a top tier qb, have a good rb, and a good returning core

they got a lot there

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i get thumbs down by a poster, who didnt even contribute to the thread, and yes, to elborate lacy is a legit running threat, cobb is healthy and could notch 100 catches, nelson is a serious threat.........boykin is legit

not to mention they drafted davante adams(im a believer in him), jared abbrederis, and the big burner jeff janis

they loaded up in the draft, have a top tier qb, have a good rb, and a good returning core

they got a lot there
Lacy is the key to that whole offense, add a top RB to that passing game and it doubles the headache it will be to stop them.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right, which is why i said yep, oh well......sorry to the posters who took offense to that NEBEARSfan and leomaz......

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

they got a lot there

Who the hell cares? I don't

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

they got a lot there

That's great but they have no offensive line. It did a lot of good for them last year too, huh? At least the Bears improved their line and will only get better.

I just don't see the Packers as Kings of the North anymore, regardless of their offense. Maybe I drank some of Noon's stash and I've turned into the biggest homer on the board. Maybe I'm completely wrong... But something tells me the Bears are going to surprise a lot of folks in the league, especially the Packers.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right, which is why i said yep, oh well......sorry to the posters who took offense to that NEBEARSfan and leomaz......

No offense taken. Just tired of people tongue-juggling the Packers' nads for 20+ years now.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lacy is the key to that whole offense, add a top RB to that passing game and it doubles the headache it will be to stop them.

Wait… what? lol

Sorry, Rodgers is the key to the offense. I don't care who is at any other position. He is infinitely more important than that player.