• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What about Josh Allen?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG! Baker broke rookie record in a league that is 10x more pass-happy than those who were rookies before him. He most certainly is destined for greatness.
Peyton Manning rookie year: 16 starts, 575 pass attempts, 26 TD passes
Baker Mayfield rookie year: 13 starts, 486 pass attempts, 27 TD

But sure, nobody was passing much back then. It's unfathomable how dumb you are.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If 962 pass attempts is a small sample size. Wel then someone doesn’t understand basic math. Move your
Goalposts again. Or just answer my one question
He will not answer you because he can't. I'm fairly confident at this point he knew he was wrong to start so now he's just trolling.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will acknowledge his point that the Bills probably have one of the five worst OL/WR combo groups in the league. With that said it was pretty dumb to both let so much of that OL go and ALSO trade Tyrod. So with all that being true it's hard to give high marks to the front office at least offensively.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will acknowledge his point that the Bills probably have one of the five worst OL/WR combo groups in the league. With that said it was pretty dumb to both let so much of that OL go and ALSO trade Tyrod. So with all that being true it's hard to give high marks to the front office at least offensively.
They will upgrade the skill positions no doubt. My guess is they go OL/RB/WR with their first 3 picks. The defense is obviously solid but they need talent on offense. I'm not sure, however, if it'll matter if Allen doesn't dramatically improve as a passer. If I were to guess right now, they'll be drafting a QB in 2021.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely an interesting class and right now Rosen is pulling up the tail considering he at least has David Johnson and halfway decent receivers. I cant see Lamar holding up physically but maybe he's a rare Mike Vick type that can do it.

So yes I feel good with the Browns draft of Mayfield lol

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely an interesting class and right now Rosen is pulling up the tail considering he at least has David Johnson and halfway decent receivers. I cant see Lamar holding up physically but maybe he's a rare Mike Vick type that can do it.

So yes I feel good with the Browns draft of Mayfield lol
I think Lamar and Allen are in the same boat. They were able to energize their offenses this year because teams weren't prepared for their running ability. However both are still lightyears off as passers, and will have to dramatically improve or they'll be changing positions within the next 2-3 years.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You yourself have said your OL is garbage and your receivers are terrible. Then went and surrounded Allen with that group?

That alone should tell you

Center abruptly retired. Replaced Incognito and Cordy Glenn on the left side. (Although Dawkins is better on the right, should we find a LT in the draft).

Brought in Benji, I'm sure was a good thought, but his one year is the outlier, and we were duped. He honestly didn't even try.

Clay's contract (not by Beane) was difficult to get out of, but not this year. RT and RG aren't on him either (and will be gone soon).

Revamped an atrocious defense (under Rex Ryan of all people), to a top ranked unit.

I have zero complaints.

And since we didn't pick Allen over Baker, I have nothing to prove. I'm also not trashing Baker. From the minute he stepped on the field you could tell he can play. That is the only game I've watched of his though....but I don't need more proof.

I'm am very thankful we did not take Rosen. Or Jackson...but especially Rosen.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Center abruptly retired. Replaced Incognito and Cordy Glenn on the left side. (Although Dawkins is better on the right, should we find a LT in the draft).

Brought in Benji, I'm sure was a good thought, but his one year is the outlier, and we were duped. He honestly didn't even try.

Clay's contract (not by Beane) was difficult to get out of, but not this year. RT and RG aren't on him either (and will be gone soon).

Revamped an atrocious defense (under Rex Ryan of all people), to a top ranked unit.

I have zero complaints.

And since we didn't pick Allen over Baker, I have nothing to prove. I'm also not trashing Baker. From the minute he stepped on the field you could tell he can play. That is the only game I've watched of his though....but I don't need more proof.

See this man brings some facts.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have zero complaints.

A lot of good info thanks

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have zero complaints.

So do you want them to load up on the OL in the draft or go after skill position?

Any FA targets you guys could realistically go after?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing to add, is WR separation. Bills at the bottom of that barrel I'm sure if anyone wants to look it up. Which corresponds to his often 9 "rush attempts" per game. (let alone scrambling from no pocket). I'd make a hard bet that 65ish of his 89 attempts were necessary, another dozen-ish were called...leaving not so many pocket panics. Most in his first six too.

He throws short slants behind and 20-30 range high too often. Every other throw is there, but more importantly, his head and attitude create an extra something in the huddle...and so be it, if he's a 600/8 TD first year guy from the ground.

But yeah, trashing Baker is dishonest. Can't blame you guys for bringing out stats. Kid can chuck.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do you want them to load up on the OL in the draft or go after skill position?

Any FA targets you guys could realistically go after?

We're gonna have a shit ton of money.

Hopefully Jonah Williams (or the like) in the first. I'm not a fan of drafting RB's high, but we need a true WR1. I don't think free agency will help us there. We need LB depth and DE depth.

If up to me, we would draft LT, C, RG right away...pending which WR is available in the 2nd or G available in free agency. And find a LB and RB somewhere.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given how he's been universally trashed, and figuring the talent around him (both on and off the field) he hasn't been 'bad.' I still don't have a lot of faith in the guy, largely because of the lack of teaching talent around him.
This is where I'm at. He looked like what the expectation used to be which was a season full of ups and downs.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're gonna have a shit ton of money.

Hopefully Jonah Williams (or the like) in the first. I'm not a fan of drafting RB's high, but we need a true WR1. I don't think free agency will help us there. We need LB depth and DE depth.

If up to me, we would draft LT, C, RG right away...pending which WR is available in the 2nd or G available in free agency. And find a LB and RB somewhere.
I feel like Damien Harris would be a great fit for you guys as a true bellcow, while also grabbing another playmaker RB a la Duke Johnson or Tarik Cohen, like James Williams from Wazzou. Guys that can catch out of the backfield could be the thing Allen needs to progress. Obviously didn't have it this year.

Nowhere nearly as high on Jonah Williams as I am on Cajuste out of WVU. He's the better pass-blocker, which Allen needs. If he goes pro, Michael Jordan out of OSU would be a perfect fit at G. He's an absolute mauler in the mold of Hernandez from UTEP that the Giants took in 2018 but is more technically efficient.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright I'm heading out kiddos. Good talk today. Happy New Year!