• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What a great read

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mabey ---just maybey Dr.Tom should have really should have pursued Turner Gill more as Head Coach

Pops..........you either need to drink more, or you've drank yournself too much alcohol tonight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I thought Bo was a baby, prick, jerk, or what ever other adjective in that direction you want to come up with back in 03 when he was here the first time. The way he acted by hunting down Snyder after the K St game was a joke!!! If he didn't want K St to score anymore then he should have gotten his defense to stop them. It wasn't Snyder's job to keep his offense out of the endzone.

That to me was the all time lowest point of nebraska football. I would rather see t-tech put up 70 on us again than to have our d-coordinator yelling at bill snyder for running it up.

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how you talk about who you stand behind and then talk about who I stand behind by saying he should write for a paper that makes shit up. That is hilarious!!!

The last guy that was perfect was crucified? I am going to guess you are referring to Jesus. Speaking of making shit up, let's talk about this Jesus character. Jesus wasn't perfect. If he was perfect then he wouldn't have been dumb enough to trust Judas.

Keep standing behind a petulant brat who can't handle innocent questions and takes all the glory and praise off of a team that fought their asses off for him.

Jed;

With all due respect... and having enough wisdom/past experience to know that some reporters tend to dig and dig and dig until they create their own story lines... I will side with Bo in regards to him truly getting P.O'ed at those who continue to provoke rather than report.

I was not at the presser and I really don't care to revisit a taped version of such... but this story line (in my opinion) has done nothing but egregiously divide Husker faithful for the sake of print. Is this what the press has come to be?

Look, I am all for getting stories that the public wants to hear and I realize the press has a job to do and I also realize that Bo has his temper and straight forward responses that can offend the light hearted... but in no way do those who associate with Bo personally have a problem with whom he is.

That being the case... why does the press make a point to find ways to create issues with him? I will tell you why, because they want a storyline that they feel will be something that will be picked up by AP or UPI.

I revert back to the press consistently asking the same question 5 times only using different variations of wording... Bo is straight forward and brash at times... but he's not stupid as some have tried to imply...

Take his answer and print it... <-- What a novel idea.... Nahh... that won't sell papers.... let's ask again in a different way to see if we can get him to say something we want or better yet... if he don't answer it... and gets pissed at us (press) we will sell more papers...

As for talking about Jesus… I will leave this alone as I don’t want to type all night about faith and what has come of our society without faith. I will simply say… look around... and for you and those like you… take heed of what your kids will be dealing with in 10-20-30 years…. as faith continues to dwindle…

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sports writers should definitely be involved with the new hire

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how you talk about who you stand behind and then talk about who I stand behind by saying he should write for a paper that makes shit up. That is hilarious!!!

The last guy that was perfect was crucified? I am going to guess you are referring to Jesus. Speaking of making shit up, let's talk about this Jesus character. Jesus wasn't perfect. If he was perfect then he wouldn't have been dumb enough to trust Judas.

Keep standing behind a petulant brat who can't handle innocent questions and takes all the glory and praise off of a team that fought their asses off for him.

Id tell you to go to hell but it looks like youre well on your way so I ll say:finger:

If youre lucky when its all said and done they can make you look good in your obit.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
local media can kiss my ass and bos ass too... they are agenda writing tools... if they were good at their job... they would not be working for a local outlet...

That's not true at all. There are plenty of great beat writers who are just content with where they live and what they have.

HawkeyeHater

Not a drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes....... because they'd rather live in omaha and make 35k a year, than be on sportscenter/si etc.... and make 90......

I call bs

4thandInches

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Good God is this a sports forum or a sewing circle?? Almost every thread is complaining/bickering about something....All I know is that Im still feelin good following an epic husker win in a rare night game at memorial stadium, GO BIG RED!

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jed;

With all due respect... and having enough wisdom/past experience to know that some reporters tend to dig and dig and dig until they create their own story lines... I will side with Bo in regards to him truly getting P.O'ed at those who continue to provoke rather than report.

I was not at the presser and I really don't care to revisit a taped version of such... but this story line (in my opinion) has done nothing but egregiously divide Husker faithful for the sake of print. Is this what the press has come to be?

Look, I am all for getting stories that the public wants to hear and I realize the press has a job to do and I also realize that Bo has his temper and straight forward responses that can offend the light hearted... but in no way do those who associate with Bo personally have a problem with whom he is.

That being the case... why does the press make a point to find ways to create issues with him? I will tell you why, because they want a storyline that they feel will be something that will be picked up by AP or UPI.

I revert back to the press consistently asking the same question 5 times only using different variations of wording... Bo is straight forward and brash at times... but he's not stupid as some have tried to imply...

Take his answer and print it... <-- What a novel idea.... Nahh... that won't sell papers.... let's ask again in a different way to see if we can get him to say something we want or better yet... if he don't answer it... and gets pissed at us (press) we will sell more papers...

As for talking about Jesus… I will leave this alone as I don’t want to type all night about faith and what has come of our society without faith. I will simply say… look around... and for you and those like you… take heed of what your kids will be dealing with in 10-20-30 years…. as faith continues to dwindle…

You are insane if you truly believe this crap about the media and their agenda. They ask the same question in different ways to actually get an answer. Bo doesn't answer anything. There was a question in the press conference where someone asked something like if Bo could elaborate on something with the game (sorry don't remember what it was exactly but the word "elaborate" was used). Bo looked at the guy and answered by saying, "No". That was it!!! It is simple journalism. It isn't asking the same question to get the answer they want. It is asking the same question to get any answer. I would like to say that it isn't that hard to understand but apparently it is. Dirk wanted to write an article on how well Taylor played for the Sunday paper. So he asked Bo a question on how well Taylor played. Bo attacked him in return.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id tell you to go to hell but it looks like youre well on your way so I ll say:finger:

If youre lucky when its all said and done they can make you look good in your obit.

I am going to hell for not believing in fairy tales? Damn right, and I am driving the bus. I will make sure to pick you up on the way down. I already have dibs on sharing a bunk with Bo.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to hell for not believing in fairy tales? Damn right, and I am driving the bus. I will make sure to pick you up on the way down. I already have dibs on sharing a bunk with Bo.

You aint pickin' me up...........but if you wish to head down there, so be it. Bo will be my roommate upstairs by the way

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are insane if you truly believe this crap about the media and their agenda. They ask the same question in different ways to actually get an answer. Bo doesn't answer anything. There was a question in the press conference where someone asked something like if Bo could elaborate on something with the game (sorry don't remember what it was exactly but the word "elaborate" was used). Bo looked at the guy and answered by saying, "No". That was it!!! It is simple journalism. It isn't asking the same question to get the answer they want. It is asking the same question to get any answer. I would like to say that it isn't that hard to understand but apparently it is. Dirk wanted to write an article on how well Taylor played for the Sunday paper. So he asked Bo a question on how well Taylor played. Bo attacked him in return.

LMAO;

I must be insane you say.... you sir must be awful naive!!!

..and here I thought you were a Pragmatist all these years of posting... I have been on the receiving end of the so called press question/answer sessions so I know firsthand what and how it all works. Jed; I have always appreciated you unique viewpoints (on certain things) but until you experience it from a different vantage point than behind the wheel of your delivery truck while calling into a radio show, I stand before you and say...

"You are full of shit".

With that, I am not disagreeing with you that Bo doesnt always answer the questions the way the press wants him too, but he does answer the questions in a way he feels is sufficient at the time.

and....

I was not specifically speaking about this press conference Jed, but in general this is what the press has done (Asked same question multiple times using different wording)... If this was a court of law... the Judge would direct the press to move on.... as the question has been asked and answered!

In closing; I am not condemning the press for attempting to do their job... and I am certainly not lumping them all into the same basket... Some just do their jobs better than others... just as some coaches engage and appease the press with (politically correct conversations)... for the sake of sending them on their way feeling as if they participated & accomplished something....

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Martinez appears to overthrow Enunwa. But the wind holds up the ball, and Enunwa makes a nifty grab over the shoulder"

more Dirk garbage today.. :L

this is getting petty, in me opinion.