• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What a great read

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't listen to what Pelini says unless someone directs me to something he says because he never says anything of substance anyway.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, the "Pelini is a baby" mentality was formed by the media. If you are friends with people who are part of the media, then you're probably going to have the same biased view on Pelini.

I remember already in 2008 reading a little blog entry from some little bitch in Lincoln who titled the blog "Pelini is a Prick!" He then went on to talk about how he asked a question that Pelini didn't like and Pelini snapped at him.

What the hell do you expect? You're not there asking Pelini questions because you are a diehard Husker fan and YOU are really interested to see what he has to say. You're there asking questions because it is your job. And it is not your job to just ask questions that are going to get an ordinary response out of Pelini, because that doesn't generate any attention from the people who may potentially read/listen to it. So you purposely ask questions that might make the guy go over the edge a bit, because that is what drama queens want to read/see.

So, yes the media is just doing their job. But, yes......Bo is just doing his job as well.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, the "Pelini is a baby" mentality was formed by the media. If you are friends with people who are part of the media, then you're probably going to have the same biased view on Pelini.

I remember already in 2008 reading a little blog entry from some little bitch in Lincoln who titled the blog "Pelini is a Prick!" He then went on to talk about how he asked a question that Pelini didn't like and Pelini snapped at him.

What the hell do you expect? You're not there asking Pelini questions because you are a diehard Husker fan and YOU are really interested to see what he has to say. You're there asking questions because it is your job. And it is not your job to just ask questions that are going to get an ordinary response out of Pelini, because that doesn't generate any attention from the people who may potentially read/listen to it. So you purposely ask questions that might make the guy go over the edge a bit, because that is what drama queens want to read/see.

So, yes the media is just doing their job. But, yes......Bo is just doing his job as well.

I thought Bo was a baby, prick, jerk, or what ever other adjective in that direction you want to come up with back in 03 when he was here the first time. The way he acted by hunting down Snyder after the K St game was a joke!!! If he didn't want K St to score anymore then he should have gotten his defense to stop them. It wasn't Snyder's job to keep his offense out of the endzone.

Dirk said today, "In a column last Friday, I examined Nebraska’s complicated situation at quarterback.

I did not call for an immediate quarterback change. However, I did write that if Taylor Martinez had another bad game against Ohio State, Bo Pelini should make a move. I also wrote that Pelini had invested a lot in Martinez, and Bo needed that investment to pay off. I considered this a mainstream opinion. Most of the feedback I received was positive.

In Saturday’s second half, Martinez played great. I volunteered to write a column about him — he deserved kudos for the way he responded to adversity.

I had a very tight deadline (midnight). But having written what I did Friday, I felt it was the professional thing to do to attend the press conference and personally ask Bo about Martinez’s performance. That’s what I did.

Pelini chose to respond the way he did; he had every right.

I did not include the details in Sunday’s column because it would have distracted from the real story: Martinez’s brilliant second half. By 11 p.m. Saturday night, the press conference had become a hot topic on the Internet. I received dozens of emails and Twitter messages, both positive and negative. (As always, I appreciate your feedback.)

This is not the first time Pelini and I haven’t seen eye-to-eye (we’ve had several testy exchanges in post-game press conferences over the past four years). And it may not be the last time.

But I will continue to make every effort to ask Pelini what Husker fans want to know. And I will continue to write about issues that fans want to discuss. In doing so, I’ll try to be as fair and honest as possible.

Hopefully, World-Herald readers understand it’s part of my job.

The thing I liked most about Martinez’s performance: He consistently found ways to get positive yards and move the chains. Martinez didn’t have a run longer than 18 yards, yet he still ran for 100. He didn’t have a throw longer than 36, but he still threw for almost 200. He consistently made smart, split-second decisions. And when necessary, he relied on his legs.

For example, third-and-4 with 8 minutes left. Martinez runs option left. There doesn’t appear to be much room. Yet Martinez beats a defender to the edge and gets to the marker before going out of bounds. The next play, he hit Burkhead in the flat for the game-tying score.

Martinez earned plenty of respect from fans and media Saturday night. I’m guessing he’ll walk a little taller in the locker room, too."

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You thought he was a big crybaby in 2003, yet in 2008 you were making t-shirts that said "I have a big red BOner"

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You thought he was a big crybaby in 2003, yet in 2008 you were making t-shirts that said "I have a big red BOner"

That is because it was funny. Plus I was sick of these stupid "BOliever" and other plays off "Bo" that were not funny. I did it as a joke!!!

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

It will be funny when Bo is holding the crystal ball standing around his Husker players.............and it will come sooner rather than later.

It will be at this point in time that everyone will realize.........."oh, I forgot that winning is all that matters." And Pelini will suddenly be the greatest coach of all time to all Husker fans.

In the meantime, the media created soap opera will continue to materialize, and drama queens from around Husker Nation will gather together to beat each other off over the responses that the media is able to get out of Pelini and his players.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

It will be funny when Bo is holding the crystal ball standing around his Husker players.............and it will come sooner rather than later.

It will be at this point in time that everyone will realize.........."oh, I forgot that winning is all that matters." And Pelini will suddenly be the greatest coach of all time to all Husker fans.

In the meantime, the media created soap opera will continue to materialize, and drama queens from around Husker Nation will gather together to beat each other off over the responses that the media is able to get out of Pelini and his players.

Bo and only Bo created the drama Saturday night after the game. Everyone wanted to talk about the biggest comeback in school history and how Taylor played (even though I am not going as crazy over how Taylor played). Bo decided to take the story off the game and his players. This one is all on Bo. But go ahead and keep naively thinking Bo has no blame and is perfect. But then again that would be just like your favorite coach, blame everyone else rather than looking in the mirror.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We must be negative, irule.............we must be negative

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dadburnit.. ye negative queers make me want to write a rly long thread in a few minutes en sech

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched BCS Countdown.........they played the post-game press conference, showed everything Bo said.

Afterwards they discussed it and they all feel like Bo was just protecting his player. A good point made there by what's his face was.......when you're a coach, the players become like your own children. When you're a father-figure, you have your kid's backs. If someone is gonna talk shit about your kid, you're gonna respond, because you love them.

To us, Taylor is just some player on our team...........that is evident as we all have called for Taylor's head several times, as if he isn't even a human-being. To Bo, Taylor is his son.

If you have a problem with the way Bo has his kid's backs...........fuck you

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jed you are certainly entitled to your opinion. I choose to stand behind someone

who doesnt communicate well and you choose to stand behind someone who

should be working for The Enquirer. If I remember right (and this is all on memory

I could be mistaken) you are old enough to remember when the papers were full

of useless crap called facts. Its true people , there was a day when facts were

printed in papers, and opinion whatever it may be was located in an area called an

editorial.

I havent suscribed to anything for years because contrary to what you believe,

I am educated enough by what I ve seen and heard to form my own opinion.

Personally I dont give a shit if you call me stupid or any one else for that matter.

Your OPINION means nothing to me. Here is a FACT : Dateline TODAY BO PELINI

is the coach at Nebraska and what he does is fine with me. I fully understand that

the last perfect human was crucified and that the rest of us make mistakes.

I ll back Bo until the day he decides to leave or I die IM STUPID THAT WAY

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jed you are certainly entitled to your opinion. I choose to stand behind someone

who doesnt communicate well and you choose to stand behind someone who

should be working for The Enquirer. If I remember right (and this is all on memory

I could be mistaken) you are old enough to remember when the papers were full

of useless crap called facts. Its true people , there was a day when facts were

printed in papers, and opinion whatever it may be was located in an area called an

editorial.

I havent suscribed to anything for years because contrary to what you believe,

I am educated enough by what I ve seen and heard to form my own opinion.

Personally I dont give a shit if you call me stupid or any one else for that matter.

Your OPINION means nothing to me. Here is a FACT : Dateline TODAY BO PELINI

is the coach at Nebraska and what he does is fine with me. I fully understand that

the last perfect human was crucified and that the rest of us make mistakes.

I ll back Bo until the day he decides to leave or I die IM STUPID THAT WAY

I love how you talk about who you stand behind and then talk about who I stand behind by saying he should write for a paper that makes shit up. That is hilarious!!!

The last guy that was perfect was crucified? I am going to guess you are referring to Jesus. Speaking of making shit up, let's talk about this Jesus character. Jesus wasn't perfect. If he was perfect then he wouldn't have been dumb enough to trust Judas.

Keep standing behind a petulant brat who can't handle innocent questions and takes all the glory and praise off of a team that fought their asses off for him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just remembered somethin..........Bo Pelini apologized to the fans of Nebraska after the Wisconsin game..........why would he do such a thing?

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lm:

Bo should be fired immediately! We are so stupid. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, talks to Dirk like that and gets away with it!