• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What a great read

wearegettingthere

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like FNG's- my posts are sarcasm. Check his post for the definition. You guys really need to lighten up.

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a fine line that gets crossed all the time when the Media is trying to cover a big time sports program. The bottom line is the Head Coach should have the say in how much he wants to give the media. The media/journalism is a dying business that's trying to adapt to keep ratings. They have assholes do whatever it takes to "get the story at whatever costs."

Honestly, I wouldn't mind if Bo shuts down and keeps all the media out for 3-4 weeks to get a point across.

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your low self esteem meltdown made me smile as well.

LMAO....@ a wannabe husker.... who does not have the slightest clue!!!

Go be upset and cry
th_1294-triste-mouchoir-924.gif
in the kiddie pool where you will be promptly identified as one of those that are the sole reason that other teams fans look at the Husker nation as a bunch of fucking whiners...

Mommy.... Bo didn't answer our questions and he is our coach... he owes us an explination.... waaaaaa

bwahaaaawaaa...

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ the media. They have 1 goal in their job..............find a way to get the attention of the people.

To do that, you have to know how to make drama.......because drama is what the average person wants. So they purposely dig where ever they see that opportunity. Right now that opportunity is where ever Bo or Taylor is.

It is the media who doesn't give a shit about the general public. All they care about is whether or not they can make us all go haywire over something that they said.

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just how many times has Lee and Dick and any of these other dipshits won a game for Nebraska?

When I want there opinion on something I ll call them no need for them to polish there egos with some pissy attitude article because some one was straight with them for once.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a post that oughta make the Media melt.........

GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, if Mike'l Severe seriously wrote that blog entry, then he needs to consider hanging up his career.

That grammar and punctuation is so poor that I could barely even stumble through that piece of work.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, if Mike'l Severe seriously wrote that blog entry, then he needs to consider hanging up his career.

That grammar and punctuation is so poor that I could barely even stumble through that piece of work.

Kirk Cameron would be proud

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of the folks don't realize what a crap job the Omaha Weird Herald does at reporting sports outside of the Huskers. Hell, it's hard to find high school sports articles outside of one or two football articles a week about Omaha teams, most HS football games get less than one paragraph while we see huge articles printed about western Iowa high school teams (football and volleyball) under the label of Weird Herald Press Service - which are articles written and printed in the The Council Bluffs Nonpareil (they do the same thing with articles from the Bellevue Leader, Papillion Times, etc.). The Herald has a lazy Sports Department. Many Herald writers are assigned to Husker football because that sells papers on this side of the Missouri River and they can get away with filler stories from other papers. If you have a kid playing high school sports in the metro, good luck seeing a write up in the Herald if they have a record setting game. Huskers even get press over hometown Creighton. I don't feel sorry for any sports writer (Dirk the Dick) who writes a story acting like he is smarter than the coach. If he doesn't like Bo or Martinez, he can go cover Kansas football.

wearegettingthere

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO....@ a wannabe husker.... who does not have the slightest clue!!!

Go be upset and cry
th_1294-triste-mouchoir-924.gif
in the kiddie pool where you will be promptly identified as one of those that are the sole reason that other teams fans look at the Husker nation as a bunch of fucking whiners...

Mommy.... Bo didn't answer our questions and he is our coach... he owes us an explination.... waaaaaa

bwahaaaawaaa...

My sarcasm is rightly returned with your sarcasm. Well played sir. Well played!

wearegettingthere

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @ me becoming a troll over the last couple days :D

I know you're being sarcastic, but the last thing that comes to mind when describing you would be troll. The first thing is more like happy happy joy joy I love Mart! LOL.

I think I finally figured Mart out. See new thread for details.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you're being sarcastic, but the last thing that comes to mind when describing you would be troll. The first thing is more like happy happy joy joy I love Mart! LOL.

I think I finally figured Mart out. See new thread for details.

I am definitely not a troll :D............just pretending like one whenever the media gets brought up anymore.

I love our head coach and know he will take us to the top. I love our players and know that they are going to make mistakes at times. It's not about whether or not the "right" players are on the field.......it's about whether or not the players who are on the field have been coached well enough to win.

We're young, and that come from behind win is going to do wonders for this team moving forward.

Also, I asked Bo if he hates me and he said no :happy:

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy crap!!! Where do I begin? I was planning on responding to each stupid response but I don't have that much time. You people are amzingly dumb. You people are the same people that think ESPN (the national media) has a bias against Nebraska and always tries to make us look bad. Yet this thread is filled with the local media has an agenda and the national media doesn't? Do you people really think Dirk or any other local sports reporter hates any of the coaches or players? Dirk asked legitmate questions at the press conference. When Bo snapped at Dirk after the first question, if Dirk truely has an agenda against Bo, Dirk could have easily gotten snarely back and dug at him more. Instead Dirk answered Bo's stupid question back at him by saying, "I thought he played with alot of poise.". Then Dirk asked about the crowd booing and the gesture that Bo made at the crowd. The home team booing their team is legitimate question. Bo making a gesture to the fans is a legitmate question. Of course Bo denied the gesture but he did do it.

It was the biggest comeback in school history and Bo decided to walk in with a chip on his shoulder and act like a brat instead of putting the focus on the game and the players. I don't care if Bo doesn't like all of the reporters. Osborne didn't like everyone but when he had a problem with something a reporter wrote or said he waited until private and called them personally to talk about it. Osborne kept the personal issues private. Because Osborne didn't back his players by attacking the media does anyone think he didn't support his players?

I will say that one of the best responses in this thread is from someone who said that the local reporters suck and we know they suck because they are not national. Yeah because there are endless amounts of national jobs. Just dumb!!!

It is also amazing to me on how dumb and stupid all these reporters are yet you all still read them and can quote things they say like it was your kid's date of birth. If you don't like it then don't read it. It is just like threads on this message board. If you don't like it then don't read it. Do you know how many times I have clicked on that dumb recruiting thread? If the world herald is terrible then don't read it. I can't tell you the last time I have read the world herald without someone telling me to read something specifically in it. I don't read it because the overall content is not good in my opinion. They have their occasional good article or column but I only see those when someone directs me to it.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jed..........if you don't like what Pelini has to say, don't listen to it.....

:dance: