• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Western Conference Finals: OKC Thunder VS Golden State Warriors

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OKC beating GS would be an upset. But they're not just beating them, they've absolutely clowned them the last two games. Making that worse, their 73-win season was in response to everyone calling them out for getting so lucky in their run last year. So getting roflstomped out of the WCF this year would be a double wammy of sorts. Entering the playoffs, and even before that, people were putting up them among the greatest teams ever, not just single season, but dynasty.

The Pats lost a single game, in fairly devastating fashion, but they didn't have the benefit of a 7-game series. Single-elimination playoffs are a lot more susceptible to upsets by design.

Yah, I wasn't implying the Pats were ranked 1 in the past.

Ms were up there for sure, but they never won a World Series in the past nor did they break the record (only tied).

If OKC goes into GS and clowns them again, then yah... gotta easily be #1.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we lose I'll root for okc in the finals

If it's OKC v. CLE, I'll probably go for OKC. However, it would be nice to have a clear underdog to root for in Toronto instead of having two Goliaths going at it.

ChrisWebber

Changed my password to "incorrect"
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd be set if you were playing the Clippers.
"I need to cut these coupons, but I cant find one good clipper in this house to cut it with." - KG

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, For you.

For them:

The league is watered down, the competition was weaker, Curry couldn't play in " insert era " because so and so would lock him down on defense.......:blah:
Yea it can be debated but the record will still be there until another team is able to beat it. My guess is that won't happen anytime soon. So, even if they don't make it to the Finals they still have a great accomplishment because reg season games are played for a reason- and as we've seen- anything can happen in the post season.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See I disagree because their reg season will be in the record books regardless of how the post season ends.

As will the Patriots 16-0 season. Also, no team had ever gone 18-0 before. Yet, no one talks about what great regular season they had, they just talk about how they didn't finish the job.

The problem is, not finishing the job pretty much makes that meaningless. The previous all time regular season record holders finished the job and won championships.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah, I wasn't implying the Pats were ranked 1 in the past.

Ms were up there for sure, but they never won a World Series in the past nor did they break the record (only tied).

If OKC goes into GS and clowns them again, then yah... gotta easily be #1.

That 2004 Yankee vs Red Sox series deserves a honorable mention.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd be set if you were playing the Clippers.
In all honesty I already knew Portland wasn't coming out of the 1st round but got lucky when CP3 AND Blake went down.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fellas....this series is going 7......and the Dubs will prevail.

The quicker y'all accept that ...the easier it'll be to acknowledge, appreciate and realize the warriors' greatness.

Not the way they're playing, if they can stop okc and stop turning the ball over 25 times we might have a chance. Pretty weird that I'm saying this about a 73 win team

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fellas....this series is going 7......and the Dubs will prevail.

The quicker y'all accept that ...the easier it'll be to acknowledge, appreciate and realize the warriors' greatness.

Ain't taking ANYTHING away from the Dubs, but even YOU have to admit they've dug a nice deep, tidy hole for themselves ...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Warriors somehow comeback and win this. What's the over/under on the number of seconds it takes gohusk to jump back on the bandwagon?