• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Western Conference Finals: OKC Thunder VS Golden State Warriors

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why doesn't the 4th quarter count? Call me silly, but as far as importance goes I'd put it over 1-3.

Not saying it doesn't count but if you outplayed a team two out of three times in the regular season from quarters 1-3 ( and in the game in OKC they basically outplayed them until Curry took place very late in the 4th), it gives you all the confidence in the world that not only can we play with this team but we can beat them if we correct our minor 4th quarter struggles

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk. This is probably a good example of ppl overreacting to one game. GS got cute, lot of careless TOs and bad shot selection cost them. Credit to Thunder with good defense and Westbrook taking over the 2nd half but I think Warriors take this in 6.

Totally agree with this. I expect them to lock down from the beginning

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just hope this finally proves that the mystique surrounding the Spurs and Warriors during the regular season was WAAAAAY exaggerated.

You got that proof from exactly one week?

Forget that the Spurs and Warriors are the last 2 NBA champions (smoking Lebron both times) and had a combined 24 regular season losses (4 of which were to themselves).

One bad week against a very good OKC proves exactly nothing.

The mystique was 100% earned by busting their asses from November to May and setting an all time record for winning excellence.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it would be pretty crazy that in a rush to go small...if the Spurs and Warriors jettisoning of size came back to haunt both of them vs. a OKC team that really has a TON of size between Ibaka, Adams and Kanter--- all 3 are solid NBA bigs.

Draymond is a "big" but at 6'7"- generously...its tough for him to guard guys that are damn near 7 foot...Bogut and Ezeli just arent that great...Im telling you- i really think - at least in the Finals- David Lee had a nice impact for the Warriors as a big man that could score....now the Warriors have no big men that are post threats at all. I mean- that really shouldnt matter in the modern NBA with how they play- I thought that their style would prevent teams from playing big against them--- but if OKC can figure out a way to do that they might be able to pull of the upset.

The Spurs bigs are much the same way....Ducan was old and just isnt the same and couldnt keep up...they got rid of splitter for Alridge who is great offensively but is basically Bosh-lite in that hes a perimeter big that can rain and be a huge difference maker- but unlike Bosh he cant really defend much....

should be interesting to see how this goes...

i still dont think Golden State loses this. IT would be hard for me to believe. We shal lsee though.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is 1 game. GS will take the next 2, lose 1 and win 2 more.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey i was one of them...i though the thudner watched up well with the spurs- but i had my doubts whether the Thunder could play Adams and Kanter extended minutes vs. the Warriors small lineups...
it looked like they were able to do it in game 1...lets see what happens going forward.

I think Adams is fine. He can switch and still provide some resistance to Curry/Klay.

Kanter played 18 minutes. Unless Bogut is in there -- I don't think he plays more than 20 min / game. Curry abused him at least twice when he switched onto Steph. Green also hurt Kanter on penetrations. When Kanter is in there -- Curry will look to get him into a P&R every time. (Ibaka does a much better job on the P&R with Curry or Klay.)

OKC's big lineup matched up great with the Spurs.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VERY VERY few gave OKC a chance vs. either of those teams.

I agree, and I still think they lose, but it doesn't change the fact that they have 2 superstars.
Didn't they blow 14 4th qtr leads?
W/L record sways public opinion.
In sports though, it's often about being your best when it matters, and so far, no team has been better then them.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got that proof from exactly one week?

Forget that the Spurs and Warriors are the last 2 NBA champions (smoking Lebron both times) and had a combined 24 regular season losses (4 of which were to themselves).

One bad week against a very good OKC proves exactly nothing.

The mystique was 100% earned by busting their asses from November to May and setting an all time record for winning excellence.
youve been eliminated from the playoffs by the Clippers and Thunder the last 2 years.

The Spurs are a really really good team and will never beat themselves...but you can beat them with elite talent when it plays well....Chris Paul, etc......RW and Durant etc....

until Leonard takes the leap and becomes a closer and a guy you fear in the 4th qtr i dont see the Spurs doing it. I think Leonard is a top 5 player in the league...hes amazing...but he needs to take the next step for the Spurs...Alrdidge isnt a #1 just like KEvin Love isnt a #1....Duncan is on his last legs. Leonard needs to step up.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree with this. I expect them to lock down from the beginning

Feels like 7 now. Spurs won game 1 vs OKC and everyone said that series was over too.

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to Curry, after hitting those 2 incredibles threes, I thought he was going for the ZONE. But nothing really came out from him afterwards

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying it doesn't count but if you outplayed a team two out of three times in the regular season from quarters 1-3 ( and in the game in OKC they basically outplayed them until Curry took place very late in the 4th), it gives you all the confidence in the world that not only can we play with this team but we can beat them if we correct our minor 4th quarter struggles

There's 4 quarters to a game. And it's easy to flip that coin. Well if the Warriors could just figure out a way to play like they did in the first half then this won't be a series! It doesn't work like that. There's 4 quarters to a game. Both teams are really good and this is a legit series. Warriors won 73 games and they'll make the adjustments they need to, like not looking to huck a 3 when a 2 is open late and your down in a close game, or sitting the only true big man you have even though you're getting killed inside.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dubs played like crap the last 18 minutes, but make no mistake, Westbrook's run changed the game and it happened with Curry guarding him.

Yeah he cant guard Westbrook, that is a perfect match for Westbrook. He could score on him all day if he wanted. Just think who would have thought OKC could steal a game when Westbrook goes 7-21 and KD goes an eye-popping 10-30? Lol Not many people.

OKC played pretty good D in the 2nd half and rebounded well too