• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Western Conference Finals: OKC Thunder VS Golden State Warriors

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers were lucky Robert Horry was there to bail them out... lucky ass shot.
Were they lucky? Even though he's known as "Big Shot" Bob? LOL

So what luck did they have the year before when they won 4-0?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love when fans of championship or bust teams try to make it seem like their season would be considered a success if they don't win the title.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably won't hear much more of that Durant to Golden State talk anymore

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Number one, who deserved a first place vote besides him?
Russell Westbrook
Number 2, what does this series have to do with the way he played in the regular season?
Not a fucking thing....have you watched any of the games? :dhd:

I will say that without Curry, GS wouldn't be the top seed or have run off the impressive streak of reg season wins....but I'd also say that without Westbrook, the Thunder would have been lucky to make the playoffs.

ChrisWebber

Changed my password to "incorrect"
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were they lucky? Even though he's known as "Big Shot" Bob? LOL

So what luck did they have the year before when they won 4-0?
IF i remember correctly.. it was 3-2?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.. just no. Dont you dare compare David Lee to the greatness of Cwebb

Better than Lee for sure, but not sure that CWebb was great. He's in the Hall of Very Good, though.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn, LAD. trying the VERBAL kick to the groin there...?:lol:
I'm just sayin...how does a fan talk about another team when their team didn't even win 50 games in the weaker conference?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just sayin...how does a fan talk about another team when their team didn't even win 50 games in the weaker conference?

This logic is stupid. If you don't want anyone to talk about your team, I would advise you to only post on the Warriors team board.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love when fans of championship or bust teams try to make it seem like their season would be considered a success if they don't win the title.

considering what they've accomplished to this point..I still call this season a success.....not to mention there's still lots of ball yet to be played in this series, as well as the next, before it's all said and done.

:nod:

Reactions: LAD

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, having regular season records is something to be proud of, but no title will still render the records basically meaningless.

Ask yourself this, before the season started, if given the choice between breaking regular season records or winning another title, what would the players, coaches, FO, etc. all say? Heck, what would the fans say?

History is recorded to serve as a reminder of what happened in the past. In this case, it would be a reminder of a team that broke a lot of records, but couldn't finish the job. It's harsh and it sucks, but it's the world of professional sports. There are no participation trophies.
Oh no doubt...but while we're asking questions lets ask this. How many teams responded like they have AFTER winning their title? It's awesome that they were able to come back more hungry and break all sorts of records on their way to defending their title...not many teams can say that. but the fact is that this is a professional league and the post season records are recorded as separate from reg season for a reason. Anything can happen.

Now of course if they win 3 in a row I will be here to serve you that nice bowl of crow. :D

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so much needs to go right to win a title...

health...playoff matchups....getting the calls at the right time.

No matter what - at the beginning of the playoffs- you KNOW..I KNOW- the Cavs will probably get fucked by the refs AT LEAST once, maybe 2 or 3 times. Pretty much every team does for the most part here or there. Its why i think its futile complaining about them- it just serves no purpose. Everyone gets fucked by the refs once in a while.

Just hope you are lucky enough to get your breaks at the right time in the right games.

Ill tell ya- if OKC wins the title this year- and theoretically has to go through the Spurs, Warriors, Cavs....i mean holy shit....thats as hard as any road i can remember.

Lets just hope tomorow the Cavs take care of business.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as much as I dislike James, Curry is so lucky he is liked. If Lebron ever had a game like this in a must win game down 2-1 in a series, he would get absolutely destroyed from now til the tip of game 5
Curry hasnt been around long enough and in enough big situations to get NEARLY the same amount of scrutiny that LeBron does-- then again- i dont know anyone in the history of sports that is more scrutinized than Lebron.

The Warriors have had expectations for like a year and a half...you are totally right- no comparison.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One team would have reached their goals for this season. The other 29 not

:fify:

Don't forget to include the other 29 teams that have lost along the way.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Divac wouldn't have played volleyball on that last play, the Kings probably would've won.
And if the Lakers hadn't traded the AS center for a HS kid maybe he'd have a ring or two? :dhd:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no doubt...but while we're asking questions lets ask this. How many teams responded like they have AFTER winning their title?

They responded after winning the title by NOT winning the title.

Meanwhile, teams like 3 different Lakers teams, MJ's Bulls, the bad boy Pistons, Hakeem's Rockets and Lebron's Heat all responded to winning the title by winning it again the next season. A couple of those teams even responded by winning it 2 more times.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry hasnt been around long enough and in enough big situations to get NEARLY the same amount of scrutiny that LeBron does-- then again- i dont know anyone in the history of sports that is more scrutinized than Lebron.

The Warriors have had expectations for like a year and a half...you are totally right- no comparison.

Fuck Lebron...this thread is about the WCF.

Warriors & Thunder.

Capisce??