• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Western Conference Finals: 4) L.A. Clippers (without Kawhi Leonard) vs. 2) Phoenix Suns (without Chris Paul)

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. The outcome is wide open right now. And some high caliber basketball is being played. The individual performances by guys like Luka KD Mitchell Embiid Young etc…have been awesome to watch. Two game 7s in the East coming up. You have every right to a personal preference but you’re flat wrong on the intrigue and appeal of the NBA playoffs for people who actually enjoy the sport.

If all the best are out injured and were watching teams of role players against role players for the most coveted prize without seeing the best of the best vs. the teams and the superstars missing. That takes the appeal right out of it.. People watch sports to see the Superstars go out at it. Not to watch ROLE PLAYERS LOL

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If all the best are out injured and were watching teams of role players against role players for the most coveted prize without seeing the best of the best vs. the teams and the superstars missing. That takes the appeal right out of it.. People watch sports to see the Superstars go out at it. Not to watch ROLE PLAYERS LOL
Unless those superstars are LeBron and whomever other stars he is colluding with against other superteams full of stars.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'll root for the Mets before i EVER root for the Clippers...

#colddayinHell

No Way Friday GIF

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would stick with the small ball lineup. If Suns want to feed Ayton more than normal it is a win for the Clip. More Ayton touches=fewer attempts from 3 for the crowder and bridges of the world.....also on the offensive side of the ball, Ayton will not want to come out to the 3 pt line which means lots of open 3's for Morris, Batum, and Mann
We’ll see how they want to play it. I think Ayton is the best 5 they’ve seen in the playoffs from an offensive perspective. Gobert is actually an offensive meh guy. I think 20 and 10 from him puts the Suns in a great position to win. But you’re right on the comment of Ayton sagging off his cover at the other end. It will be a good matchup to watch. But I go back to the Mavs series and a lesser player in Boban had an impact when Clip wanted to play small. Put Ayton in that equation and I think the kid may be able to get off once or twice for better than 20-25.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of casual fans see things that way. I get it.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously? Is it for sure Kawhi is done?

It was being reported by some pretty reliable sources yesterday (I believe Shams was one) that he's done for the year and had told teammates that they were going to be without him for awhile.

The Clippers have, understandably, not said anything official.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of the biggest A-holes in the NBA. I won't miss them.