• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We're all Idiots (except Sick)

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I get it, like I said I'm just not sure he is the right player to use considering his current issues. I would say Vernon Davis would be better because for a while he looked like he could be a bust.

We're talking about TALENT evaluation. His character and off field shit is completely irrelevant.

Do you recall the general reaction to the Vernon Davis draft pick? I wasn't a fan (not because I didn't think he was talented, but because I didn't think a TE warranted the 6th pick). Davis was a pretty popular choice for us that year though, so he wouldn't really fit the point.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I never bashed Aldon as a prospect. As a matter of fact prior to the draft my argument in his favor was that he IS ABLE to play LB in a 3-4. Most people thought that he was a good prospect indeed but was strictly a 4-3 end, and would only find success in the league if he ended up in a 4-3 defense.

The only "negative" thing (if you want to call it a negative) I said about Aldon when that pick was made was that I would have preferred to draft this guy instead to play OLB for us in our scheme:

[YOUTUBE]3sVG7hEXB-k[/YOUTUBE]

So in essence, I too am not an idiot when revisiting all the comments that were being made that year pertaining to the Aldon Smith selection. In addition, it would be fair for that writer to also post all the positive comments fans were making in favor of the Aldon Smith selection that year. Quinn as an OLB in our scheme would have been a beast too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft grades don't mean anything to me at this post. Grade them after a couple of years after we've seen what they can do.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're talking about TALENT evaluation. His character and off field shit is completely irrelevant.

Do you recall the general reaction to the Vernon Davis draft pick? I wasn't a fan (not because I didn't think he was talented, but because I didn't think a TE warranted the 6th pick). Davis was a pretty popular choice for us that year though, so he wouldn't really fit the point.

FYI, I am glad to see you back posting. I enjoy reading all of the draft evaluation coming from you, Sick, Pozz and others. I don't watch college football and couldn't have told anyone the difference between Manziel and Bridgewater prior to the draft, lol.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're going to have to explain how this applies to the criticism from the time he was drafted.

There are multiple comments saying we should have taken Gabbert.

There are multiple comments saying he was Kentwan Balmer all over again.

There are comments calling it a reach

There are complaints about Aldon over Prince Amukamura

So, given the feedback in that thread, was it a reach, should we have taken Gabbert instead, should we have taken Amukamura instead, and is Aldon another Kentwan Balmer?

Or do you want to go on record right now questioning the character of Ward and the rest of the class now so that if they end up "busting" due to off field issues you can fall back on that. Because no one expressed any concerns about Aldon's character in that thread.

I didn't like the pick. I'd never heard of the guy.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Which just proves you know as much about college football as you do the NFL...

Hyde_Burn.jpg