• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We're all Idiots (except Sick)

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
stare-down-o.gif

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Smith is trying really hard to find his way into an orange jump suit.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well Smith is trying really hard to find his way into an orange jump suit.

Which of course makes all criticism about his talent 3 years ago justified.

Or did you see some comments in there that said he was a character issue?

How many people were furious we took Smith over Gabbert? Given how things have gone for both those players, would you go back in time and take Gabbert over Aldon?

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which of course makes all criticism about his talent 3 years ago justified.

Or did you see some comments in there that said he was a character issue?

How many people were furious we took Smith over Gabbert? Given how things have gone for both those players, would you go back in time and take Gabbert over Aldon?

Of course not, but to say Aldon won't be a bust isn't true, I would consider him a bust if he ends up off the team and out of the league due to off field issues. No matter the production on the field.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aldon was always a boom or bust pick, he could develop his raw talent he was going to be great, if not well just another highly drafted bust. He has developed his talent it's just to bad he leaves his brain at Candlestick.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Of course not, but to say Aldon won't be a bust isn't true, I would consider him a bust if he ends up off the team and out of the league due to off field issues. No matter the production on the field.

'Bust' would not be the right term for it, as he is already far exceeded the bust level with his current logged production...

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

You're going to have to explain how this applies to the criticism from the time he was drafted.

There are multiple comments saying we should have taken Gabbert.

There are multiple comments saying he was Kentwan Balmer all over again.

There are comments calling it a reach

There are complaints about Aldon over Prince Amukamura

So, given the feedback in that thread, was it a reach, should we have taken Gabbert instead, should we have taken Amukamura instead, and is Aldon another Kentwan Balmer?

Or do you want to go on record right now questioning the character of Ward and the rest of the class now so that if they end up "busting" due to off field issues you can fall back on that. Because no one expressed any concerns about Aldon's character in that thread.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're going to have to explain how this applies to the criticism from the time he was drafted.

There are multiple comments saying we should have taken Gabbert.

There are multiple comments saying he was Kentwan Balmer all over again.

There are comments calling it a reach

There are complaints about Aldon over Prince Amukamura

So, given the feedback in that thread, was it a reach, should we have taken Gabbert instead, should we have taken Amukamura instead, and is Aldon another Kentwan Balmer?

Or do you want to go on record right now questioning the character of Ward and the rest of the class now so that if they end up "busting" due to off field issues you can fall back on that. Because no one expressed any concerns about Aldon's character in that thread.

No I just stating a fact, that he could end up out of the league, and granted the questions about him at the time of the draft he's answered, he can play but he can't if he isn't on the field. I'm just not sure he is the right guy to be trumping as a player everyone questioned that panned out. I do think Ward had some off field issue now that you mention it. I'm not trying to fall back on anything, I hope like hell Smith can turn things around off the field. I don't remember thinking the sky is falling when the pick happened, I thought it was likely a reach, I'm glad I was wrong.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No I just stating a fact, that he could end up out of the league, and granted the questions about him at the time of the draft he's answered, he can play but he can't if he isn't on the field. I'm just not sure he is the right guy to be trumping as a player everyone questioned that panned out. I do think Ward had some off field issue now that you mention it. I'm not trying to fall back on anything, I hope like hell Smith can turn things around off the field. I don't remember thinking the sky is falling when the pick happened, I thought it was likely a reach, I'm glad I was wrong.

So you can say that people saying we should have drafted Blaine Gabbert were right because Smith MIGHT run himself out of the league due to idiocy?

Every single one of those comments was wrong. Every. Comment. About. Aldon. Smith. In. That. Post. Is. Wrong.

And you're on here trying to defend those people as if they're comments have been vindicated. It makes me wonder which one of those comments is yours.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was one who didn't want Gabbert and I liked Aldon Smith. I watched game changers a few weeks before the draft and went and really looked at him afterwards. Expecially after it was mentioned he broke the sack record his freshman year. I was watching the show cause I really liked Marcell Dareus as a NT being an Alabama fan and I thought the 9ers might be able to get him. But, After he went, Julio Jones who I wanted more than anyone (FUCK YOU ATL), AJ Green and Von Miller I wanted Aldon as he was the best one left who got after the QB and was a 3-4 OLBer. I saw Watt as a 4-3 end. I am happy with how things turned out for the most part. Id still rather have gotten Julio Jones.

And I was happy with Smith as QB for the 9ers.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you can say that people saying we should have drafted Blaine Gabbert were right because Smith MIGHT run himself out of the league due to idiocy?

Every single one of those comments was wrong. Every. Comment. About. Aldon. Smith. In. That. Post. Is. Wrong.

And you're on here trying to defend those people as if they're comments have been vindicated. It makes me wonder which one of those comments is yours.

I don't post on that site. I'm not trying to defend any of them. I'm saying that the guy isn't out of the clear yet. I also never posted draft Blaine Gabbert you are the one that keeps posting that so maybe that is what you wanted. Smith could still be a bust, like I said that is what I would call him if he ends up out of the league due to idiocy, which isn't the same as his skill as a player.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I was one who didn't want Gabbert and I liked Aldon Smith. I watched game changers a few weeks before the draft and went and really looked at him afterwards. Expecially after it was mentioned he broke the sack record his freshman year. I was watching the show cause I really liked Marcell Dareus as a NT being an Alabama fan and I thought the 9ers might be able to get him. But, After he went, Julio Jones who I wanted more than anyone (FUCK YOU ATL), AJ Green and Von Miller I wanted Aldon as he was the best one left who got after the QB and was a 3-4 OLBer. I saw Watt as a 4-3 end. I am happy with how things turned out for the most part. Id still rather have gotten Julio Jones.

I was okay with the Aldon pick, but I was either driving, or riding shot gun, on the Robert Quinn bandwagon. Sick talked me in to accepting the Smith pick in the couple months leading up to the draft. He was definitely driving the Aldonwagon.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wasn't happy with Smith but gave him the benefit because of the offense always being in flux. I didn't really like many of the QB's that year not even Newton.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't post on that site. I'm not trying to defend any of them. I'm saying that the guy isn't out of the clear yet. I also never posted draft Blaine Gabbert you are the one that keeps posting that so maybe that is what you wanted. Smith could still be a bust, like I said that is what I would call him if he ends up out of the league due to idiocy, which isn't the same as his skill as a player.

But this isn't about whether or not Aldon is out of the clear. This is about the immediate reactions of 49er fans calling it a horrible pick because he's either
a) not Blaine Gabbert
b) not Prince Amukamura; or
c) the next Kentwan Balmer

You have completely missed the point of this entire thread: General fans are not good talent evaluators.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll admit I am an idiot, which I why I mostly try to stay away from pre draft talk for as long as possible.

I wanted Carriker over Willis & the Fresh Prince of Amukamura over Aldon. :puke:

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was okay with the Aldon pick, but I was either driving, or riding shot gun, on the Robert Quinn bandwagon. Sick talked me in to accepting the Smith pick in the couple months leading up to the draft. He was definitely driving the Aldonwagon.

A friend of my, a Cowboys fan talked me into Aldon being a good pick, the more I looked into it the more I saw the upside, still thought he was a reach but certainly liked his skill set.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't realize he would lose his mind like Aaron Hernandez (obviously not that bad, but who the hell starts acting like they have a bomb in an Airport).

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But this isn't about whether or not Aldon is out of the clear. This is about the immediate reactions of 49er fans calling it a horrible pick because he's either
a) not Blaine Gabbert
b) not Prince Amukamura; or
c) the next Kentwan Balmer

You have completely missed the point of this entire thread: General fans are not good talent evaluators.

I get it, like I said I'm just not sure he is the right player to use considering his current issues. I would say Vernon Davis would be better because for a while he looked like he could be a bust.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll admit I am an idiot, which I why I mostly try to stay away from pre draft talk for as long as possible.

I wanted Carriker over Willis & the Fresh Prince of Amukamura over Aldon. :puke:

I liked both Willis and Carriker, I'm glad they picked Willis. I was never that big on Prince. Honestly I didn't really like where the Niners were picking in that draft because I really wanted one of the WR's and didn't think they would be able to get them.