• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Well...

DaSuperfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Protection was solid against a stout DL. Losing Jeffery for the majority of the 2nd half and a gimpy Marshall didn't help either.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was absolutely part of the problem yesterday.
He was absolutely not all of the problem yesterday.

He gets that laid at his feet cos he's the quarterback, and cos he's a bit of an ass, and cos he's got a rich contract. And cos some people will never, ever forgive him for any of the three.

True this. We lost because of two things... turnovers (Jay was totally responsible for one, partially responsible for another, and not responsible at all for a third... although I saw at least two plays that could have been picks but weren't). The defense is incapable of closing.

Jay: If he makes one fewer mistake, we win. Great qb's just don't make mistakes every game. Jay's very talented, but he's not virtuoso and we will lose because of his mistakes as much as we will win because of his talent (and we will get those kind of wins because of him as well).

Defense: They played good enough for us to win as long as we didn't have to rely on them. The problem is, down the stretch, we had to rely on them. Take away the OT meltdown and the second drive of the Bills, they looked respectable to me. But ultimately, they couldn't come through for us in OT like we needed and they all but killed our momentum from our first scoring drive. They made Manuel look a lot more poised and confident than he deserved to be. And the LBs are a HUGE concern. Six tackles among them???

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the problem with the LB's? Is it really talent? Bostic, McClellan and Greene were terrific in college... they are athletic enough and at least seemed to come to the team with football IQ. Briggs and DJ Williams were terrific in prior seasons.

Is it coaching? Keith Herring I understand is one of the best LB coaches around.

Is the scheme too complex for the players to be fluent in it yet? I have heard the defensive scheme was now designed to create pre-snap confusion for the offense... is it too many moving parts for the players to digest?

What do you all think?

Wounded Bear

Pilgrim on a Moutain Top
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many balls did he throw away yesterday?

And that was the difference between Cutler and McCown. McCown knew that he wasn't that physically gifted so he knew that throwing the ball out of bounds absolutely had to be part of his repertoire. Cutler's physical superiority almost makes him arrogant as a player and ostensibly impervious to Trestman's guidance. (BTW, I'm not saying that about Cutler as a person, I don't know and I don't care how he is as a person).

Sorry to dredge up the old McCown argument, but it seemed like an appropriate comparison since both he and Cutler were students under Trestman's tutelage.

But back to your point, I very confident if Cutler had thrown the ball away yesterday that the Bears would have won that game.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasnt 300? Phew...

Id like to think you understood what I said...but it doesnt look like it.

then explain what you said?

one run of 47, one run of 38 that means the other 31 carries were for only 108 yards, or a 3.48 average. Pretty sure thats a pretty good improvement when teams were consistently running for 6-9 yards per carry all day.

Manuel only threw for 173 yards.

Yeah, conte looked foolish trying to strip the ball allowing himself to get knocked around, but what about the three guys that missed tackles 5 yards from the line of scrimmage. His choice was to try to strip not tackle, it was a gimme fieldgoal where conte got stiff armed the first time.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the problem with the LB's? Is it really talent? Bostic, McClellan and Greene were terrific in college... they are athletic enough and at least seemed to come to the team with football IQ. Briggs and DJ Williams were terrific in prior seasons.

Is it coaching? Keith Herring I understand is one of the best LB coaches around.

Is the scheme too complex for the players to be fluent in it yet? I have heard the defensive scheme was now designed to create pre-snap confusion for the offense... is it too many moving parts for the players to digest?

What do you all think?

I think its all scheme. Two plays I saw, there was clearly a hole opening, but both briggs and tillman ran past the gap to most probably where the line was blocking the run, and left the cut back lane wide open. I think Tucker takes the instinct away from the players, tell them exactly where to go and nobody deviates from the plan.

DJ should not even be on this team. He was bad before he got hurt last year, but they still brought him back. Was there another MLB in football that started yesterday with ZERO tackles? I heard he ripped a helmet off someone after he was down, but that doesnt count.

thunderspirit

KFFL expatriate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that was the difference between Cutler and McCown. McCown knew that he wasn't that physically gifted so he knew that throwing the ball out of bounds absolutely had to be part of his repertoire. Cutler's physical superiority almost makes him arrogant as a player and ostensibly impervious to Trestman's guidance. (BTW, I'm not saying that about Cutler as a person, I don't know and I don't care how he is as a person).

Sorry to dredge up the old McCown argument, but it seemed like an appropriate comparison since both he and Cutler were students under Trestman's tutelage.

But back to your point, I very confident if Cutler had thrown the ball away yesterday that the Bears would have won that game.
Fair enough.

(Of course, this was McCown yesterday.)

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then explain what you said?

one run of 47, one run of 38 that means the other 31 carries were for only 108 yards, or a 3.48 average. Pretty sure thats a pretty good improvement when teams were consistently running for 6-9 yards per carry all day.

Manuel only threw for 173 yards.

Yeah, conte looked foolish trying to strip the ball allowing himself to get knocked around, but what about the three guys that missed tackles 5 yards from the line of scrimmage. His choice was to try to strip not tackle, it was a gimme fieldgoal where conte got stiff armed the first time.

Okay, just for you because youre unbelievably 'special'...

Surrendering 193 yards on the ground is very bad....and heres the part on 33 rushing attempts that nullifies your argument of it was just a few plays- a 5.8 YPC. When the defense gives up that many yards on the ground, there are always going to be big gains. Its impossible to 'chip away' and amass that kind of a rushing total. There arent enough offensive snaps in a game to allow that to happen.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, just for you because youre unbelievably 'special'...

Surrendering 193 yards on the ground is very bad....and heres the part on 33 rushing attempts that nullifies your argument of it was just a few plays- a 5.8 YPC. When the defense gives up that many yards on the ground, there are always going to be big gains. Its impossible to 'chip away' and amass that kind of a rushing total. There arent enough offensive snaps in a game to allow that to happen.

My point was the defense did well on 31 out of 33 plays. It was not an "argument", it was a point in a discussion. I guess chalk up another poster too smart for his own good that think any one that posts anything different than their opinion is "arguing".

If they didnt give up two big plays they are top half of the league. I guess your line of thinking, a team can give up a 90 yard touchdown run on the first rushing play, shut down the opposition for 10 yards on the next 9 attempts, they go away from the run all together and you would say they suck because they had a 10 YPCaverage.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We left our def on the field way too much because of bad play calling and bad game plan. If the offense ran a 55-45 run/pass ratio, then our def would not tire out in the end. And Cutler would not have as many opportunity's to fk up. Either way the offense let us down much more then the defense.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point was the defense did well on 31 out of 33 plays. It was not an "argument", it was a point in a discussion. I guess chalk up another poster too smart for his own good that think any one that posts anything different than their opinion is "arguing".

If they didnt give up two big plays they are top half of the league. I guess your line of thinking, a team can give up a 90 yard touchdown run on the first rushing play, shut down the opposition for 10 yards on the next 9 attempts, they go away from the run all together and you would say they suck because they had a 10 YPCaverage.

Regarding your last sentence, no. I already explained to you that that the sample of how many rushes they had illustrates that's not the case.

Go ahead, you can spray windex all you want on that turd, it's not going to look any better. It's bad defense. Get it through your head that a team doesn't pile up that kind of rush yardage without big run plays. So quit cherry picking what suits you by taking them out. It's bad run defense. Period. 5.8 yards per carry on 33-34 rush attempts is very bad. The Lbs combined totaled 5 solo tackles. Same old stuff, they can't plug gaps, biting badly on fakes and getting caught out of position.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How predictable from you. Just passably throw the blame on Cutler.

What's where we left off from last year? Last time I checked, Cutler played a hell of a game vs GB to leave off last year. Just shows how bias you are.

And it what offense is a 50-18 run ratio good? None.

And when we needed a win last season vs a horrible Eagles pass d..........he never shoed up..........

And whats wrong with throwing 50 times............none.

We were playing f5rom behind most of the game and needed him to throw,
also the name of the game is to score................To me it does not matter how you get the score as long as you score.

Hell with balance.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm seeing a few different debates here-
blh vs anotheridiot: My 2 cents- AIdiot is right... if they can eliminate those two long runs- the defense does better. Still not perfect, by any means...but better- Win the game better. I can stipulate that if the defense doesn't give up those two BIG runs- Bears win. I think that was his point.

Noon- You seem to be a "defense wins" guy... and if the defense wasn't on the field as much- they wouldn't be "tired" and thus play better. I call Bullshit- I will stand by this notion forever- As a defense if you want to rest- GET OFF THE DAMN FIELD YOURSELF! All you have to do is stop them for 3 plays! Besides- The offense had TOP in the game- had 69 plays... How can you make that argument- I think it's more about you simply not liking Jay and want to blame him. period.

And I couldn't help but laugh and laugh and laugh- at anyone who thought we shouldn't have signed Jay after seeing what McGowan, MacKown, mCnown did yesterday. If anyone thinks he would have won the game for the Bears against the Bills is just kidding themselves. HA

#stirthepot :)

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
blh vs anotheridiot: My 2 cents- AIdiot is right... if they can eliminate those two long runs- the defense does better. Still not perfect, by any means...but better- Win the game better. I can stipulate that if the defense doesn't give up those two BIG runs- Bears win. I think that was his point.

Noon- You seem to be a "defense wins" guy... and if the defense wasn't on the field as much- they wouldn't be "tired" and thus play better. I call Bullshit- I will stand by this notion forever- As a defense if you want to rest- GET OFF THE DAMN FIELD YOURSELF! All you have to do is stop them for 3 plays! Besides- The offense had TOP in the game- had 69 plays... How can you make that argument- I think it's more about you simply not liking Jay and want to blame him. period.

And I couldn't help but laugh and laugh and laugh- at anyone who thought we shouldn't have signed Jay after seeing what McGowan, MacKown, mCnown did yesterday. If anyone thinks he would have won the game for the Bears against the Bills is just kidding themselves. HA

McCown sucks. Just like anyone with any NFL viewing experience knew. That much is certain.

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CUTLER SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

YEAH because cutler was SO great yesterday.. actually mccown played great after starting out slow.. almost came back and pulled the W out for the bucs. WE MIGHT OF WON YESTERDAY IS HE HAD MCCOWN.

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCown sucks. Just like anyone with any NFL viewing experience knew. That much is certain.

yet he was just about played the same as cutler yesterday.. cutler at least has weapons to play with

Last edited by a moderator: