• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Well Well Well

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gregg is gone. It's a question of which day.

tlakes20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like my thread has brought some life, I'll try to become a regular again like the CBS days. To tell you the truth the Reds were just unwatchable last year I just completely lost interest and then didn't really pay much attention to the offseason.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gregg has been a mistake for a while. I'd like to see him gone today- he's in a walk and a homer routine that the Reds probably don't have time for.

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's tough watching the rest of the clowns blow games, but Chapman can't pitch everyday. He's on pace to make 121 appearances.

The minor league 10 day option rule expires tomorrow. The 40 man roster pitchers optioned to the minors prior to Opening Day become available to call up. Not a lot of good options on the 40 man to call up. The Reds seem committed to the better arms being rotation guys, makes for a lack of depth bullpen situation.

Nice apropos use of "tootblan" by John, especially with the base running occuring in Wrigleyville at the time.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Gregg problem will end when Bailey is activated on Saturday. Other moves would send Skipworth back after Mesoraco gets done whirlpooling. I think Price would like to get Jordan Smith a couple of innings but I honestly don't see how he will accomplish that. If it's between Smith and Gregg, Gregg has a bigger contract, fwiw.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may not be this week, but if Gregg continues to pitch the way he has, they'll have to get rid of him soon, contract or no. He hasn't gotten many outs, but half of them have been crushed right at someone or driven to the wall. The only person Gregg has fooled this year was the guy that signed him.

Unfortunately, IMO, it isnt just feel on a breaking ball or temporary location yip with Gregg-he hasnt got MLB velocity or break anymore. A guy like that is a morale buster- not just for fans but the other players too. IMO, Jumbo and Parras contribution stinkers have prolonged Greggs stay already. Fans will definately let the Reds know if it goes on much longer- they already booed him for results at home last weekend, but they'll start booing him coming in eventually...I've seen it before, with better players than him. Danny Graves got roughed up by the fans, and he gave them the bird...and the Reds DFA'd him the next day. If they're kind, they may DL him before that happens.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith was sent back to the minors today and Villareal is up. Why not Gregg? I don't know anything about Smith, but he couldn't be worse than Gregg

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that Villareal is the answer to the bullpen problems either.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Villarreal is more of the same. He walks too many hitters. Not sure what the plan was for Smith though Price had said his job would be to eat up a lot of innings in extra innings, so clearly that problem is going to be solved. Exactly how? Smith was called up to replace Iglesias. Why not just use Smith from spring training forward and leave Iglesias in the minors all along? If there is logic to this sort of player move, I have yet to grasp it.

If the Reds continue to hang onto Gregg and let him pitch, I think they are essentially making a blatant attempt to insult the fans. Maybe the fans are idiots but Gregg quacks like a duck.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also see the Braves released Carlos Quentin. A bunch of whackoffs over at Redleg Nation got wet panties thinking about Quentin and a dozen other "leftfielders" ... gotta wonder who picks up old CQ.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see where Simon is shutting out the pirates tonight. 2 hits through 7. unfortunately or fortunately we don't have to worry about the bullpen throwing the game away tonight. Reds down 4 to 0 in the 4th.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reds won't beat good pitchers and they won't beat ordinary pitchers who have good stuff.
The question is, if they can beat bad pitchers. In the past, a guy comes up from Tuscahoma and throws 8 innings of 2-hit ball against these guys. At least Votto and Phillips managed to reach base.

Gotta love Marlon Byrd, right? :doh:

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither is going to the HOF, but I'd rather have Travis Wood than Jason Marquis.

I'd rather have Soler than Byrd, too... But wouldn't trade any other starting position player with the Cubs. I wouldnt take Rizzo for Votto. A few "situational relievers" aside, not sure I would trade any of the Reds pitchers with their exact counterparts on the Cubs either. I prefer Cueto over Lester, for example. If I could trade Cozart for Castro, I'd trade Castro immediately for a SS.

But the Cubs won. What's that say ?