• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

well played ESPN:

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Badgers went to 3 straight rose bowls. Lost by 7 on the road to the number 4 team. And had the refs absolutely fuck them over in the loss to ASU.

By sec logic they should be ranked top 15 right?
There is no SEC logic. We just get most of our teams ranked higher and more often than yours. You can work out the logic if you want ... we just play football and laugh at the whiners and the billions of SEC posts made each day.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are human polls.

His question was about "computer" rankings.

Did the computers program themselves? People who think that computer polls aren't biased crack me up.

If "computers" were completely unbiased, why doesn't every "computer" poll come out exactly the same?

Simple. "Computers" are programmed by, wait for it . . . , HUMANS!

HUMANS have biases. In other words, some HUMANS who write computer programs value certain parameters more than other HUMANS. Those value judgments reflect their biases.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did the computers program themselves? People who think that computer polls aren't biased crack me up.

If "computers" were completely unbiased, why doesn't every "computer" poll come out exactly the same?

Simple. "Computers" are programmed by, wait for it . . . , HUMANS!

HUMANS have biases. In other words, some HUMANS who write computer programs value certain parameters more than other HUMANS. Those value judgments reflect their biases.

And those values are applied to all teams evenly and without bias.

I guess according to your loose interpretation people are biased because they favor winners.