• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Well my thoughts on the draft so far.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st thought is Twist makes things interesting. LOL

1st round I am still happy with martin. Would he had been my 1st choice? No, but like I said before the draft started we could go in a # of directions & I would be fine with it. Martin lands right along those lines. I am never gonna complain when drafting the trenches.

2nd Round. I wasnt to happy with.
Not because I don't like Lawrence. I simply don't know anything about the guy. But the three things I didn't want to see in this draft was. Drafting a QB, or a TE & trading up. Well not only did we trade up, but we gave away our 3rd & to make it worse we traded it to the damn Skins! So for me. My thoughts are pretty close to what Snookdad said. I am unhappy about trading up & getting burned in the process in the worth of the trade. To me it looks as a reach in the 2nd round & cost us a 3rd to do so. (especially after hearing their explanation to why they moved up)

So now TC will be pretty interesting. How well we see Lawrence look against Smith.
My hope is that Rod really wanted this guy & that is what pushed Jerry & his chronies to move in that direction, instead of just wanting a pass rusher at all costs. Rod & Kiffin didn't want Floyd last year & that thought seemed to be a smart move, so I am hoping they seen something in this kid that we haven't seen & hope that works out this year. So I am kinda in a holding pattern on the player but still hate the trade. if he becomes a beast for us, I could forgive the trade. But I would feel much better if Rod came out & said he pushed for the player instead of Jerry just being Jerry.

Figure I wont find much accurate stuff on the player right now from you guys until the emotions come down some. Those that hate the pick are just gonna make him sound like trash no matter what & those that defend the pick will go the opposite direction. Figure the truth will be somewhere in between.

But I am more than happy with the Martin pick :thumb:

now we need to be like the Seahawks & get some starters out of the last day of the draft.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a bad combine and ran a slow 40 time. I read somewhere he is a 4.65 . Ive seen comparisons to Cameron Wake and Bruce Irvin. I dont get the Bruce Irvin one. He does have some red flags , but many do. Every expert I have read has said they love the pick for the Cowboys. Some have said they gave up a lot to get him but he was the best pass rusher on the board and the Cowboys needed that.

Looking back - Pryor/ DIx , Ealy., Nix would have been nice but I think we got a very good player in Martin and a pass rusher that we desparately needed.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with Schmoop. It's not that I dislike Lawrence but would much rather have Ealy and Nix in his place.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have liked this move a million times better if we gave up a 4th instead of a 3rd. Jerry does nothing after Round 3 anyway.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a bad combine and ran a slow 40 time. I read somewhere he is a 4.65 . Ive seen comparisons to Cameron Wake and Bruce Irvin. I dont get the Bruce Irvin one. He does have some red flags , but many do. Every expert I have read has said they love the pick for the Cowboys. Some have said they gave up a lot to get him but he was the best pass rusher on the board and the Cowboys needed that.

Looking back - Pryor/ DIx , Ealy., Nix would have been nice but I think we got a very good player in Martin and a pass rusher that we desparately needed.

He ran 4.8....

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have liked this move a million times better if we gave up a 4th instead of a 3rd. Jerry does nothing after Round 3 anyway.

Exactly. Two years in a row Jerry gets raped on his own points board lol