• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Well, it's the big day

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did a mock last night and might do one more before the draft. Some things that has me concerned is the retirement of Luck taking me off considering Mack or Doyle. Also, the injury to Lamar Miller takes one less value out of the 5/6 rounds. This is what I am looking at.

Rd 1-taking the best available player imo. If early, it's a RB. If late, it's probably a WR
Rd 2-The opposite of rd 1. I think having a elite WR is important in a PPR.
Rd 3-Here, I'm looking at RB as they will start thinning down here
Rd 4-I may have to go RB here as well.
Rd 5-WR has a drop down here so may need to go for RB#4 or go after a TE.
Rd 6-With four RBs, I need to start focusing on WRs. If I have only three RBs I have to get my fourth. This will probably be Coleman who's draft stock has dropped.
Rd 7-WR
Rd 8-WR or TE
Rd 9-QB
Rd 10-QB
Rd 11-start looking for backup RBs. Mattison is a must if Cook is drafted. Other quality backups are Williams, Ekeler (who will be already gone at tis point), McGuire showed well late last year as a starter for the Jets. When it comes to RBs of first two rounds, Barkley, Elliott, Kamara, McCaffery have no high volume backups. Bell, Cook, and Gordon could have them. Some say Johnson does but I'm not sure. It may be important for me to draft RBs with solid high volume backups.
Rd 12-another backup
Rd 13-defense. I'm looking at 49ers, Jets, and Pats here.
Rd 14-defense number two
Rd 15-kicker, one that probably has a good week 1 matchup. Last year, the Giants and Bengals were among the teams kickers had most FPs against.

What's very important for me is I need to not fall behind in the PPR aspect. Receptions are the key here and the more the better.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I drafted Coleman in one league and even though the season hasn't even started yet, I'm starting to think that will be a shitshow fer real. Brieda: The little shit that will not go away. He is probably where the value is right now. Then again, he my move up the list by draft time. I like yer round 1 plan though. That's the way the all should be. Good luck Brees.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cole Beasely in the 7th... Tremendous value

Wait... Did you really say back to back DST's? lulz

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
defenses are so volatile year to year, I'd avoid taking 2 on draft day, and wait for a team with a decent 3-4game stretch to pluck off the waiver wire

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I probably will draft one. When it comes to TE if I don't get one rd 5-7, I'm gonna have to settle for Walker. Herndon is probably gonna get drafted, but I don't know if I can afford to have two TEs.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I probably will draft one. When it comes to TE if I don't get one rd 5-7, I'm gonna have to settle for Walker. Herndon is probably gonna get drafted, but I don't know if I can afford to have two TEs.

don't count on Herndon getting taken with the suspension looming - that means someone will be wasting a bench spot and drafting another TE in his stead.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was taken in the mocks as a number two.

I have early pick again, number four. It's going to be between Elliott and McCaffery. I may take Bell here.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was taken in the mocks as a number two.

I have early pick again, number four. It's going to be between Elliott and McCaffery. I may take Bell here.

shocked as hell is McCaffrey ended up to you at 1.4, I'd run with that and not look back.
I assume Zeke is going to report, at least report before Gordon does, but I'd happily take CMC, Kamara, or Barkley ahead of him

who do you suppose will get taken 1/2/3?
Kamara, Barkley, and who else that would allow CMC to fall to you at 1.4?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shocked as hell is McCaffrey ended up to you at 1.4, I'd run with that and not look back.
I assume Zeke is going to report, at least report before Gordon does, but I'd happily take CMC, Kamara, or Barkley ahead of him

who do you suppose will get taken 1/2/3?
Kamara, Barkley, and who else that would allow CMC to fall to you at 1.4?
Fleener

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I ended up getting Kamara, thanks to autopick number two.

1.Kamara
2.Evans
3.A. Jones
4.Ingram
5.Coleman
6.Cook
7.Gordon (Josh)
8.Rivers (paid attention to my que)
9.Westbrook
10.Garropolo
11.Allison
12.J. Williams
13.Mattison (took him anyway even though I didn't draft Cook and he he was taken before me rd 2)
14.Tucker (could not believe he fell to me)
15. Jets

I don't have a handcuff for Kamara and if I decided to go after Murray I would probably have to give up Coleman. The Jets was just the defense I picked for my gut, but I can get Saints or 49ers off FA since neither was drafted. I'm not sure on which ones but Jets have the best matchup week 1.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you post the complete first 2 rounds i'd like to see the results?

Not a fan of Gordon in the 7th, but other than that i like your team

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cook in the 6th is crazy to me (although I get it's his ADP).

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I ended up getting Kamara, thanks to autopick number two.

1.Kamara
2.Evans
3.A. Jones
4.Ingram
5.Coleman
6.Cook
7.Gordon (Josh)
8.Rivers (paid attention to my que)
9.Westbrook
10.Garropolo
11.Allison
12.J. Williams
13.Mattison (took him anyway even though I didn't draft Cook and he he was taken before me rd 2)
14.Tucker (could not believe he fell to me)
15. Jets

I don't have a handcuff for Kamara and if I decided to go after Murray I would probably have to give up Coleman. The Jets was just the defense I picked for my gut, but I can get Saints or 49ers off FA since neither was drafted. I'm not sure on which ones but Jets have the best matchup week 1.
I like your top 4 picks, but you got somewhat ugly in rounds 5-8. Cooks in Rd 6 is good though. Rivers has been going real late in drafts so I think you took him too early unless there was a big run on QBs for both starting & backups.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't have a handcuff for Kamara

Been seeing many comments about handcuffing players this year.
I realize there's a lot of nonsense going on this year with EE, Melvin, Gurley, etc.
But I still do NOT see the value in handcuffing a player?
The backup generally is not going to give you the same production.
Some coaches have even admitted that if their elite starter is not available, they are going to divvy up the carries.
The only "handcuff" is that it forces an owner to adjust their draft strategy to pick a lower-graded backup a round or two earlier, which makes no sense from a "value" point of view.
That's my handcuff rant. :ranger:

Brees, I'm not a fan of Ingram, Coleman or Gordon and feel they were reaches.
Westbrook to me is all hype as well as dangerous since no starter has been named yet.
But your team has some solid RB starters.
Don't be surprised if you need WR help.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize there's a lot of nonsense going on this year with EE, Melvin, Gurley, etc.
Some coaches have even admitted that if their elite starter is not available, they are going to divvy up the carries.
The only "handcuff" is that it forces an owner to adjust their draft strategy to pick a lower-graded backup a round or two earlier, which makes no sense from a "value" point of view.

Westbrook to me is all hype as well as dangerous since no starter has been named yet.
I'm with ya Joe, for the most part. In a normal 12 team, or smaller, league, with short or medium sized benches, I certainly won't handcuff. In bigger, deeper ones, I will though, cuz more teams, more bench spots, means the wire is bare bones, so its harder to replace an injured guy. And in this day and age where most "handcuffs" have at least some stand alone value, so they're usually gobbled up by someone, just as well be me if he's my cuff

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had Evans last year and he was a big disappointment. He was affected by QB play last year. Maybe with Arians taking over there will be some improvement

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I try to get all the other backups, but I did handcuff Brown to my Gurley keeper. Well after Henderson went so I felt the value was fine.

May as well have the most players you can in the best offenses. RBs get hurt every week.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cook in the 6th is crazy to me (although I get it's his ADP).

I had to do it and quite honestly the receivers I targeted were available in later rounds. I decided to go Josh Gordon over Marvin Jones because I didn't trust Jones would be as productive because Detroit's system. I also had been scared off by drafting Kirk because they made it seem like he's not a shoe-in as the number one receiver. Will Rodgers or Lafleur decide Rodger's targets? Allison was consistent before he got hurt last year. Martez Valdez (or whatever his name is) was not. Wasn't there something I read on here (or somewhere else) that Westbrook was going to heavily involved? That's what I have been reading. With Indy out of the picture, I can't see Jacksonville not trying to bounce back, and having the Titans at home on short rest is a major advantage for them. But I could not just roll with a TE later that I may not have gotten. I believe Walker, the only "safe" TE was taken in 11th round, and Andrews was taken around there as well. I was gonna end up with a Graham or Reed or Rudolph. Cook did not keep me from getting the receivers I targeted. As for my RBs, if Carson was still there I would have gotten him. I could not draft James White in rd 4. He was available in 5 but I felt I had to go with the RB with his former OC who knows how to utilize a run game. When Cook gets hurt, I can maybe trade Mattison for a WR if I need it.

Anyways, the "experts" have projected me top three.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year, I had Tyreek Hill, but he was actually less productive in games Maholmes didn't need him in or against tough defenses like Denver. Hill had good showings weeks 1, 2, 6, 7 and 10 the first half. He went off in his big games. His ADP is too high. Kelce is the top target on that team. The other receiver I had was Tate. I didn't have a true number one receiver last year.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Brees, I applaud that you're happy with your team. That's the most important thing.
I think Cook was a reach, but you are a Saints fan so I get it.
(I'm sure Montgomery and Cohen are going a lot earlier in Chicago drafts than anywhere else.)

Just did a free casual draft last night with friends. (Our 11th season.)
Sterling Shepherd was there in the 7th and his ADP is actually 8th round. I think the guy is vastly underrated with ODB gone. My 2 cents.