• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Well, it's the big day

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
defenses are so volatile year to year, I'd avoid taking 2 on draft day, and wait for a team with a decent 3-4game stretch to pluck off the waiver wire

In 99% of my drafts now I wait on defense. Usually end up swapping them with a FA DEF anyway depending on matchup.
I took the Steelers defense late in my last draft Sunday. Got them in basically the 2nd to last round in a 14 teamer. Already picked up the Jets DEF for Wk 1 though lol

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had Evans last year and he was a big disappointment. He was affected by QB play last year. Maybe with Arians taking over there will be some improvement

disappointment.....I don't think that word means what you think it means

only way Evans was a disappointment last year was if you were expecting a top 5 finish.
He was drafted end of 2nd/beginning of 3rd in redraft leagues, and finished as the WR9 in full PPR and WR8 in half PPR.
Did he have a few bad games? sure, but hard to find WRs drafted outside of the 1st round that didn't have some duds.
Dude was a beast with both Fitzmagic and Winston, and he's locked in for MINIMUM of 130 targets.
sign me up for this disappointment again, please.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been seeing many comments about handcuffing players this year.
I realize there's a lot of nonsense going on this year with EE, Melvin, Gurley, etc.
But I still do NOT see the value in handcuffing a player?
The backup generally is not going to give you the same production.
Some coaches have even admitted that if their elite starter is not available, they are going to divvy up the carries.
The only "handcuff" is that it forces an owner to adjust their draft strategy to pick a lower-graded backup a round or two earlier, which makes no sense from a "value" point of view.
That's my handcuff rant. :ranger:

Brees, I'm not a fan of Ingram, Coleman or Gordon and feel they were reaches.
Westbrook to me is all hype as well as dangerous since no starter has been named yet.
But your team has some solid RB starters.
Don't be surprised if you need WR help.

the best goal line RB over the last 3 yrs just landed on the team with the most rushing TDs the last 2yrs, not sure handcuff is how I'd describe that situation, but I know we're on opposite sides of that player valuation.

There's an extremely strong chance that I end up with Lat Murray everywhere I can this year, as I have him ranked higher than damn near anyone else.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

only way Evans was a disappointment last year was if you were expecting a top 5 finish.
He was drafted end of 2nd/beginning of 3rd in redraft leagues, and finished as the WR9 in full PPR and WR8 in half PPR.
Did he have a few bad games? sure, but hard to find WRs drafted outside of the 1st round that didn't have some duds.
Dude was a beast with both Fitzmagic and Winston, and he's locked in for MINIMUM of 130 targets.
1500+ yards too, couple more td's and wow

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the best goal line RB over the last 3 yrs just landed on the team with the most rushing TDs the last 2yrs, not sure handcuff is how I'd describe that situation, but I know we're on opposite sides of that player valuation.

There's an extremely strong chance that I end up with Lat Murray everywhere I can this year, as I have him ranked higher than damn near anyone else.
i think he has standalone value

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He was my WR1 and had quite a few dud games. I also had Thomas and Juju and they balled.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was my WR1 and had quite a few dud games. I also had Thomas and Juju and they balled.

WR A - 2 games under 50yds last yr, 0 of those games w/any TDs
WR B - 5 games under 50yds last yr, 0 of those games w/any TDs
WR C - 5 games under 50yds last yr, 2 of those games w/1 TD

Care to guess which one is the "disappointing" Evans?

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR A = Evans
WR B = Thomas
WR C = Juju

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Pattersonca65 - not intending to be confrontational, just trying to debunk the myth that Evans had an inconsistent season, when he was pretty damn solid throughout, down right dominant at times.

Took me FOREVER to debunk the BigBen is terrible on the road myth, since it used to be true, but hasn't held up the last couple yrs, been the opposite in some cases