• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"Well, I Just Had To Laugh....."

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh. Debatable. Regardless, it still doesn't mean a woman can't coach a team effectively. Even the NBA still requires systems and strategies. Jr High teams can run similar game plans to what the NBA does. Physical capabilities don't have to do with coaching abilities.

According to Forbes, in 2018 63.6% of NBA coaches had never played in the NBA and 51.5% had never played pro ball on any level.
Ask the Van Gundys, or Spoelstra or Pops or Vogel or Casey or one of many others if NBA experience or uberathleticism is necessary to be a successful NBA coach. Chuck Daley and Red fricken Aurbach never played professionally. Neither did Coach K. (Yes, I know. Different eras.....college coach.....the point is still relevant).
Never said one couldn't. Saying she is not deserving of the position and it is snot a big deal since she was given her spot and didn't earn it. Same as I am not impressed a bit when they dumb down a test so that colored applicants can get positions like what Connecticut did with their fire chief and police captain positions.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kerr had less credentials to coach than Hammon.

Other head coaches with no experiencing head coaching collegiate males:

Rick Carlisle
Luke Walton
Erik Spolestra
Ty Lue
Frank Vogel
Steve Nash
Doc Rivers

etc....

The level of idiocy you bring to the table is quite impressive.
I am simply astonished that you think you made a cogent point there. Perhaps you are just playing devil's advocate?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it your contention that women should not be allowed to coach in the NBA?
No. Every qualified individual should be considered for every job, no matter what field. But you can't consider a plumber for a rocket scientist position.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Every qualified individual should be considered for every job, no matter what field. But you can't consider a plumber for a rocket scientist position.
Right, but that's got nothing to do with Hammon. She's a rocket scientist in a rocket scientist position. Maybe she'll be a good scientist and maybe she'll be a bad one. But she is one.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, ridiculous. A, a PHD student could go back to elementary school and excel but an elementary school student could not do well in grad school. That's how big the difference is

Yeah, you are a a terrible human.

Then if the difference is so vast, like you suggest, then why do men coach women?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh. Debatable. Regardless, it still doesn't mean a woman can't coach a team effectively. Even the NBA still requires systems and strategies. Jr High teams can run similar game plans to what the NBA does. Physical capabilities don't have to do with coaching abilities.

lol

Even his "smaller ball" argument is baseless. Of course it's a smaller ball. Women tend to have smaller hands. They also use smaller basketballs in kids leagues. But the fundamentals and basics of the game are the same at every level, regardless of the size of the basketball or the gender or age of the players.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, but that's got nothing to do with Hammon. She's a rocket scientist in a rocket scientist position. Maybe she'll be a good scientist and maybe she'll be a bad one. But she is one.
LOL! Absolute nonsense.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you are a a terrible human.

Then if the difference is so vast, like you suggest, then why do men coach women?
Why? because I tell it like it is and expect everyone to earn their way?. Good lord, Cletus, get a grip. Forget the PC world and enter into the world of reality.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? because I tell it like it is and expect everyone to earn their way?. Good lord, Cletus, get a grip. Forget the PC world and enter into the world of reality.

You still have not answered my question that I have asked twice because you know it submarines your entire point.

And yes, you are a terrible person.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said one couldn't. Saying she is not deserving of the position and it is snot a big deal since she was given her spot and didn't earn it. Same as I am not impressed a bit when they dumb down a test so that colored applicants can get positions like what Connecticut did with their fire chief and police captain positions.
Except you haven't made a single point that actually indicates that she isn't qualified for the position. All you've done is made vague generalizations about gender but it is clear that you don't have enough knowledge to address her situation one way or the other.

Hey, you may be right. Maybe she isn't qualified. Unfortunately for your point you haven't been able to prove anything except your own inherent biases. You have no actual proof one way or the other, only how you "feel".

I'll assume you are just trolling at this point. Try again when you have facts.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You don't tell anything like it is. What color is the sky in your bizarro world? And take a hint. When multiple people are telling you're a moron it's not everyone else with the issues. It's you.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except you haven't made a single point that actually indicates that she isn't qualified for the position. All you've done is made vague generalizations about gender but it is clear that you don't have enough knowledge to address her situation one way or the other.

Hey, you may be right. Maybe she isn't qualified. Unfortunately for your point you haven't been able to prove anything except your own inherent biases. You have no actual proof one way or the other, only how you "feel".

Greg Popovich thinks she is qualified. Every player I have ever heard speak about her says she is a good coach.

That should be enough for anyone.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's not trolling. Not sure if you're fimiliar with montalban. But what he's doing right now is the same idiotic dumbfuckery he spews whenever he says something.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Popovich thinks she is qualified. Every player I have ever heard speak about her says she is a good coach.

That should be enough for anyone.
That's the point. He obviously doesn't know her enough to make personal observations about her intellect and abilities. He doesn't have specific insider knowledge of the situation. He wasn't in the room when they interviewed her. He wasn't there to evaluate her performance over 7 years of employment. Add to it that he just glosses over my point that over 63.6% of NBA coaches never played in the league and 51.5% never played pro ball on any level. He never addresses the lists of specific coaches that have been noted that never played on a high level. He never discusses the fact that it has been well documented that NBA experience is not necessary to coach in the league.
It is interesting to me that he indicates that he feels that women can qualified (at the same time promoting his "small ball" theory that a women cannot coordinate an offense, or match ups, or dictate rotations because.......they don't dunk a lot??) but somehow promotes that Becky isn't because.......feelings??

If this were a debate he would have already lost "biggly". Nothing but innuendo and bias. He doesn't promote facts.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the point. He obviously doesn't know her enough to make personal observations about her intellect and abilities. He doesn't have specific insider knowledge of the situation. He wasn't in the room when they interviewed her. He wasn't there to evaluate her performance over 7 years of employment. Add to it that he just glosses over my point that over 63.6% of NBA coaches never played in the league and 51.5% never played pro ball on any level. He never addresses the lists of specific coaches that have been noted that never played on a high level. He never discusses the fact that it has been well documented that NBA experience is not necessary to coach in the league.
It is interesting to me that he indicates that he feels that women can qualified (at the same time promoting his "small ball" theory that a women cannot coordinate an offense, or match ups, or dictate rotations because.......they don't dunk a lot??) but somehow promotes that Becky isn't because.......feelings??

If this were a debate he would have already lost "biggly". Nothing but innuendo and bias. He doesn't promote facts.

Not only that, she has played at the highest level!

And she was not a super athlete. She was like a female Steve Nash/Steph Curry who excelled on smarts and skill.

That usually translates pretty well to coaching.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You still have not answered my question that I have asked twice because you know it submarines your entire point.

And yes, you are a terrible person.
What's the question? Was it to ludicrous to answer?