• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"Well, I Just Had To Laugh....."

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At them making a big deal out of Popovich getting booted and for the first time a woman took over as coach. They are calling it a historical event. Doesn't seem like such a big deal to me. Maybe if they had won? Hell, they could have stuck me in there s coach and the result would have been the same . It showed that just like we thought, she is no big deal.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Walsh lost the first 7 games as head coach and went 2-14 his first year.

Popovich lost 17 of his first 20 games himself as a head coach.

But rational thinking is not something I’ve come to associate with you. So this is a pretty standard line in your book.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But rational thinking is not something I’ve come to associate with you. So this is a pretty standard line in your book.
Too big of a deal made of it. She only got the job as a publicity stunt anyway.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soooooo, on top of being racist, it turns out that Monty is also a sexist.

This is my shocked face.
The phonieness of the people gushing about it on the news is absurd. In what way does this help anyone out there in their day to day life. Its simply not worth the hulabaloo

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Walsh earned his spot; the chick didn't. When you get a job over many other more deserving and talented people its wrong. Don't care how you paint it

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The phonieness of the people gushing about it on the news is absurd. In what way does this help anyone out there in their day to day life. Its simply not worth the hulabaloo

First woman to coach in an NBA game is actually pretty historic.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walsh earned his spot; the chick didn't. When you get a job over many other more deserving and talented people its wrong. Don't care how you paint it

She earned her spot more than Steve Nash (among others) earned his. She was hired on as an assistant, has been coaching with the Spurs for 7 years she has coached their summer league team and just now got the opportunity to coach in game.

Last edited:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How can you say she didn’t earn it?

I have heard nothing but positive things about her. She has been on Pop’s staff for a few years now. Only a matter of time before she gets hired to be a head coach somewhere.

Whether or not she succeeds depends a lot on where she gets hired. But she 100% has earned it.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Women literally lose 100% of the games they coach at the NBA level.

{{checkmate}}

talking bart simpson GIF

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t get is the ESPN said she was the first woman to “direct” a team instead of saying coach or head coach. I understand that was to distinguish between being the head coach at the start of the game or for the whole team, I just think “direct” is a funny way to describe it. I guess the reason is that even when you are assistant coach, you were still coaching but if you take over when the head coach is disqualified, are you are directing? Maybe the head coach directs?

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Others have asked already but I am seriously curious about your statement. How do you know that she didn't "earn" the job? Apparently she has been on staff for years now. What is it about the situation that makes her unqualified?

From an outside looking in stance it appears that you are making a statement but haven't put forward anything to back up your perspective.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She earned her spot more than Steve Nash (among others) earned his. She was hired on as an assistant, has been coaching with the Spurs for 7 years she has coached their summer league team and just now got the opportunity to coach in game.
And you think she will be more influential to her team than Nash to his? Ask yourself this question: if you owned an NBA franchise would you be more likely to hire Nash or this chick?...................Ya, that's what I thought.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that it even has to be explained to you says a lot.
And the fact that you think it is a historic event tells me all I need to know about you as well.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you say she didn’t earn it?

I have heard nothing but positive things about her. She has been on Pop’s staff for a few years now. Only a matter of time before she gets hired to be a head coach somewhere.

Whether or not she succeeds depends a lot on where she gets hired. But she 100% has earned it.
She got hired as a publicity stunt. Are you telling me that there were no other highly experienced professionals looking for that same job?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Others have asked already but I am seriously curious about your statement. How do you know that she didn't "earn" the job? Apparently she has been on staff for years now. What is it about the situation that makes her unqualified?

From an outside looking in stance it appears that you are making a statement but haven't put forward anything to back up your perspective.
See post #16. I spell it out clearly

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does MLB make such a big deal about Jackie Robinson? - Monty
And you think she will be more influential to her team than Nash to his?

Considering Nash has to coach World B. Flat...yes.

Ask yourself this question: if you owned an NBA franchise would you be more likely to hire Nash or this chick?...................Ya, that's what I thought.

Depends on the team make up, the head coach and qualifications. Right now, she is more qualified than Nash. She has 7 years coaching under Pop. Nash has no coaching experience.