• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Well fuck the defense this year

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4th round I might take that flier on the guy I've been saying no too, Cook. Of course at this point I'd prefer to risk losing him and wait until we get to our comp picks. SF is the only team left needing a QB and they just might take the Oregon kid.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the plan this year, at least for the first few weeks, is to slide Crawford out DE and play Maliek Collins in his place.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have such inconsistent logic. In the 1st Round, they go with the win now attitude. In the 2nd round, they're looking to win in 2017. What the?

They take an RB at #4 after letting Murray walk because they didn't want to invest heavily in an RB and they thought their O-line was hot shit, so anyone could be great behind it. They weren't far off when you look at what McFadden did without 16 starts and no passing game or defense to set them up in good positions. YEt then they convince themselves all they need is a good back and 2014 will happen again, except this time maybe Dez hangs on to the ball.

I swear, it's like a dumbfuck fan runs the team.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had any faith in this scouting department passed Round 3 I wouldn't be so disappointed with the first two picks.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had any faith in this scouting department passed Round 3 I wouldn't be so disappointed with the first two picks.

Im coming around on the Zeke pick in the 1st but the Smith pick is still highly questionable and its doubtful we know for 2 years how it ends up. I would love to say the draft has gotten better in the last few years but until we win more than 1 playoff game, I cant say its been highly successful. Still a team in mediocrity for the foreseeable future. Not trying to be a downer just tired of waiting for this team to really be a SB contender

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are 3 picks away..
3 rounds away or 3 picks overall as in our next pick? I think we take one with one of our next two and will be happy

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4th round I might take that flier on the guy I've been saying no too, Cook. Of course at this point I'd prefer to risk losing him and wait until we get to our comp picks. SF is the only team left needing a QB and they just might take the Oregon kid.
Is Cook still out there? Holy Crap I was thinking Prescott but I'll take Cook right now.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the plan this year, at least for the first few weeks, is to slide Crawford out DE and play Maliek Collins in his place.
Exactly what I'm thinking, plus we have a couple of other the guys on the team that can rotate at the 3 too.

tylerTX88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have such inconsistent logic. In the 1st Round, they go with the win now attitude. In the 2nd round, they're looking to win in 2017. What the?

They take an RB at #4 after letting Murray walk because they didn't want to invest heavily in an RB and they thought their O-line was hot shit, so anyone could be great behind it. They weren't far off when you look at what McFadden did without 16 starts and no passing game or defense to set them up in good positions. YEt then they convince themselves all they need is a good back and 2014 will happen again, except this time maybe Dez hangs on to the ball.

I swear, it's like a dumbfuck fan runs the team.
Well.......

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly what I'm thinking, plus we have a couple of other the guys on the team that can rotate at the 3 too.

Who is the weakside DE until week 5? Ryan Russell? Jack Crawford? Do we bring back Mincey?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is the weakside DE until week 5? Ryan Russell? Jack Crawford? Do we bring back Mincey?
I like him but I think Mincey is done here. We have a lot of guys on the roster already now so adding a vet probably isn't likely unless we find we aren't happy with the young guys and need help. I think a lot of rotation and competition. I imagine guys like J Crawford, Irving and Russell are in the mix. Even though he is big, T Crawford can play anywhere so I think we just do a lot of shuffling which is right up Rods alley. Great 4 game opportunity for guys that may not have otherwise gotten it.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like him but I think Mincey is done here. We have a lot of guys on the roster already now so adding a vet probably isn't likely unless we find we aren't happy with the young guys and need help. I think a lot of rotation and competition. I imagine guys like J Crawford, Irving and Russell are in the mix. Even though he is big, T Crawford can play anywhere so I think we just do a lot of shuffling which is right up Rods alley. Great 4 game opportunity for guys that may not have otherwise gotten it.
To me, if you look at the talent on the defensive front in week 5...Crawford, Lawrence, Thornton, Gregory, Irving, Collins.....that's actually coming along....

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, if you look at the talent on the defensive front in week 5...Crawford, Lawrence, Thornton, Gregory, Irving, Collins.....that's actually coming along....

Agreed. Still needs one more starter quality DE. Maybe Russell or J.Crawford make the jump? Just feels like it needs one more quality piece.

Last edited:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if healthy McClain plays a role this year too. Good fit for Marinelli D. If he has trouble staying healthy he likely gets cut.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if healthy McClain plays a role this year too. Good fit for Marinelli D. If he has trouble staying healthy he likely gets cut.
I think you are right, and I also heard Coach Rod really endorsed taking Elliott in the 1st round. Having a back like Murray here a couple of years ago did wonders for his defense. If you look at his scheme, it is FAR better when playing with a lead than when trying to get a stop when trailing. I think he knows when Lawrence and Gregory get back, if his boys only have to play 28 minutes per game, they can do a heck of a job

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are right, and I also heard Coach Rod really endorsed taking Elliott in the 1st round. Having a back like Murray here a couple of years ago did wonders for his defense. If you look at his scheme, it is FAR better when playing with a lead than when trying to get a stop when trailing. I think he knows when Lawrence and Gregory get back, if his boys only have to play 28 minutes per game, they can do a heck of a job
All i know is that when we had a lead and the other team was passing the ball every play in the 4th Qtr we seldom seemed to be able to stop them. So I heard that line of thinking a lot, but don't buy it.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The defense was only on the field for a little over 28 minutes this past year. We still controlled time of possession, just couldn't put points on the board. Opposing teams were allowed to play very conservatively against Dallas and ground the defense down with run all year long; a) because the offense couldn't score and, b) the defense couldn't create turnovers, or stop the run effectively. Forcing opposing teams to pass more and, as a defense being able to expect the pass more, would play more in to the scheme's favor. Elliot will help us do that, but a healthy Romo is the key. Leaning on Elliott will help keep Romo healthy.