• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Welcome Joe Flacco

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flacco is a solid veteran stop-gap. I think it is rather obvious that Denver will draft their future QB here soon. I think everyone is overreacting.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flacco is a solid veteran stop-gap. I think it is rather obvious that Denver will draft their future QB here soon. I think everyone is overreacting.
Fans overreact? That would be a first ;)

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think most of us are reacting to the volume of holes we still have on offense, and don't like the idea of a 20mm plus "stop gap" when that's what we've dealt with now since Manning left.

We're tired of stop gap. It's a Shannahan tradition that won't seem to die.

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm as excited about Joe Flacco as I am getting a year older this year.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can Flacco throw 8 more tds than case? If so that’s 3 more ppg and close to 24ppg the magic number

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can Flacco throw 8 more tds than case? If so that’s 3 more ppg and close to 24ppg the magic number

Can he throw for fewer INTs? That would also be helpful.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m obviously not a fan of the Flacco move. I would rather have gone after Bridgewater. That being said, if we improve the O line, he has to be better than Case, right?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not as bad as I thought it would be, really. Seems like it would be easy enough to trade the guy away. If nothing else Keenum is a decent back up who can start for you if you need him to.

The best part of the deal is he can be cut without any hit - which is exactly what Denver will do after they find a QB.
Getting rid of Keenum will be hard now that Denver has signaled that they like a very much unloved Flaggo more than Keenum. I'm suspecting they will need to eat some of Keenum's contract or throw in a draft pick like was done to get rid of Osweiler's contract.....

Texans trade quarterback Osweiler to Browns

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best part of the deal is he can be cut without any hit - which is exactly what Denver will do after they find a QB.
Getting rid of Keenum will be hard now that Denver has signaled that they like a very much unloved Flaggo more than Keenum. I'm suspecting they will need to eat some of Keenum's contract or throw in a draft pick like was done to get rid of Osweiler's contract.....

Earth to Southy - Keenum - he gone already. He will be in Washington for your viewing pleasure.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That was an old post of mine. We have Flacco on a very team-friendly contract, and we traded Keenum to a team that agreed to take on a significant chunk of the cap hit incurred when trading him. Oddly enough the situation resolved itself in almost opposite of the way you just described.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was an old post of mine. We have Flacco on a very team-friendly contract, and we traded Keenum to a team that agreed to take on a significant chunk of the cap hit incurred when trading him. Oddly enough the situation resolved itself in almost opposite of the way you just described.
Maybe NC needs a more current news station:noidea:

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not in NC. I have been wrong before - honest!
It's off-season - give me a break. It was just an opinion.

No, no. Keep posting this stuff. You're our backwards good luck charm now. Please...talk some shit about our draft picks next.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, no. Keep posting this stuff. You're our backwards good luck charm now. Please...talk some shit about our draft picks next.

Come on guys, southie’s all right. But if you’re just busting chops bust away! He’s still a pats fan!

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Shefter said he spoke to one current HC who is known for coaching QBs said Elway stoled Flacco and he will be the Qb Elway has been searching for.my guess is the coach is Kyle Shanahan

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Shefter said he spoke to one current HC who is known for coaching QBs said Elway stoled Flacco and he will be the Qb Elway has been searching for.my guess is the coach is Kyle Shanahan
how was he stolen? his stats since the superbowl are pretty bad

joe.PNG
not a good record, not a great completion percentage, def not good td to int ration. Y/a meh. Rating not good, QBR not good..........and hes backs hurt.

joe had a great superbowl run, but thats about it. He really shold be a short term bridge to a young qb

Flacco's season-ending QB Index rankings since 2013 are headed the wrong way, though: 11, 18, 21, 25, 26. That's not a trend that should excite teams in free agency, assuming Flacco is released in the offseason.

Last edited:

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe me when I say I am not excited about Flacco. I wasn’t excited about Keenum either and I came around on him only to see our OC avoid everything that Keenum did well. I think I can be sold on Flacco after the draft. It’ll give a better idea of the direction for the next couple years and if there’s a template in there for a functional offense led by a top tier ground game I can get behind that.

I also think Flacco is enough of an upgrade over Keenum that in some of the Broncos close losses last year he may have been a difference maker. Despite the 6-10 record the Broncos did play some very good teams close before losing Sanders and CHJ took all the wind from their sails. As bad as they ultimately were I didn’t hate watching them like I did the 2017 team.

If Flacco can be enough of a upgrade to make a single score difference in some of those close games we may see the Broncos for from 6-10 to 10-6 and back in the playoffs.

We’lol see. I’ve deliberately tried to avoid QB talk after the Flacco trade because it’s always so hyper polarized.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, the answer to the question- who played Tony Suprano's wife - is Edie Falco. The Falco's and the Flacco's reportedly don't know each other.