• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Welcome everyone

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What to do with Jason Kipnis? Should I keep him or drop Aaron Hill? Both are on the disabled list

Kipnis is starting tonight vs Houston so that answers part of that. He's off to a slow start and if he doesn't do anything vs Houston this weekend you may want to bench him and see if there is anything available on waivers (depending on how deep you bench is and if you have a lowly enough player to drop). I would not drop his as his 20/20 potential can be a difference maker later in the year.

Do you have a DL spot for Hill or is he sitting on your bench?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I finally got around to googling Dilligaff. Turns out I have that book! I think it's time to re-read it. :evil:

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I finally got around to googling Dilligaff. Turns out I have that book! I think it's time to re-read it. :evil:

It's not just something to read.......it's a way of life. :kk:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chase Headley...one down, 30 to go! :clap:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What to do with Jason Kipnis? Should I keep him or drop Aaron Hill? Both are on the disabled list

Nice to see you made the trip over. And, as for Kipnis, I think he is too valueable to just dump, so if you can handle it roster wise, let him ride your bench a bit.

You do have an already on roster 2B guy to cover him, don't you?

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This place seems to die a bit without me. I knid of don;t like that, while, secretly deep down inside, I kind of do.

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This place seems to die a bit without me. I knid of don;t like that, while, secretly deep down inside, I kind of do.

Just getting used to the water before I jump in. And I've been poking around in the other forums as well.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does it seem like we former CBS folks made a big splash here last week, only to kind of already peter out this week?

It sure does to me.

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm super-impressed that they put a fantasy board on so quickly. I like it here. Chef is right "if we build it they will come". Much thanks to hammer and team here. Hopefully us cbs folks can be strong contributors and make this fantasy board the best ever.

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm super-impressed that they put a fantasy board on so quickly. I like it here. Chef is right "if we build it they will come". Much thanks to hammer and team here. Hopefully us cbs folks can be strong contributors and make this fantasy board the best ever.

we-run-this-shit_design.png
:laugh3:

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does it seem like we former CBS folks made a big splash here last week, only to kind of already peter out this week?

It sure does to me.

126 posts, Guess I went from getting my feet wet to splashing around. Any day now.............Cannonball into the deep end.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To put this another way Jim. By my account, this board, in all threads besides the daily thread here, have about as much traffic as the CBS fantasy board did. A.K.A, not a lot.

I am more used to reading a post, and then responding, and then, having something to respond to right directly after. This 30-60 minutes between posts to respond to will take a lot of getting used to for me, as I like to be active all day long.

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It sure does to me.

I'm thinking of maybe starting some kind of weekly fantasy column on here. Hell if Brad Evans, Brandon Funston & Scott White can do it, it shouldn't be that hard.

Give people a reason to want to come this board.
:laugh3:And I'm laughing now as I type this because I have a mental picture of Gordon Ramsay saying "if you build it, they will come". Thanks Chef, you're in my head.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking of maybe starting some kind of weekly fantasy column on here. Hell if Brad Evans, Brandon Funston & Scott White can do it, it shouldn't be that hard.

:laugh3:And I'm laughing now as I type this because I have a mental picture of Gordon Ramsay saying "if you build it, they will come". Thanks Chef, you're in my head.

I think that is one hell of an idea. I kinda see your style as more toward Pianowski, which is a good thing. :agree:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you should do this. I say that, as I know you know your stuff. And, as the main difference between paid professionals and knowledgable amatures are; a journalism degree, knowing the right someone already in the industry, and time to devote to the item or project at hand.

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To put this another way Jim. By my account, this board, in all threads besides the daily thread here, have about as much traffic as the CBS fantasy board did. A.K.A, not a lot.

I am more used to reading a post, and then responding, and then, having something to respond to right directly after. This 30-60 minutes between posts to respond to will take a lot of getting used to for me, as I like to be active all day long.

This may not be a solution for all the other threads or your daily routine, but maybe we can set up a time once a week for all of us to be on here at once. At least you'll get a few hours a week of constant chat, which is better than nothing.
:feedback:

Carter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see a fantasy baseball section get born.