• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Welcome back to reality

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little something I said in another chat:

Wouldn't it be funny if we never sold another seat until the necessary changes were made?
I mean, yes, we get it's rebuilding time for us...
but to make it look that obvious...
that's how you lose fan respect...
which is apparently what they want.
What I want to know is...
what are they REALLY planning?
Maybe it's remembering what happened with our old basketball team...
or from watching the old Major League movie one too many times...
but you do not let a team get this bad without being up to something.
Seattle, demand answers!

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wouldn't it be funny if we never sold another seat until the necessary changes were made?
Seattle, demand answers!

I agree with you. The only problem I see is that they don't give a damn about what "we" demand. They keep making all those bobblefuckheads for giveaways, have those "corny" special nights, bark in the park, etc. and all of us naïve fans just keep feeding them money and wait for this franchise to come up with a winning team. Four years in with Dip and Scotty and we're in worse shape?? This rebuild bullshit is just another chapter in the "fuck the M's fans" book.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seattle, demand answers!

This year aside, I normally attend close to 10 games a year and most of which were on Friday nights.

Over the last 6 years I've probably attended a total of at least 30 Friday night games and when I went this last Friday, it was by far the smallest crowd I've ever seen at a Friday night game. The girl I was with who is also a pretty big baseball fan remarked on how dead the stadium was.

The official attendance was 20,000. I don't think I've ever gone to a Friday night game with less than 30,000.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you. The only problem I see is that they don't give a damn about what "we" demand. They keep making all those bobblefuckheads for giveaways, have those "corny" special nights, bark in the park, etc. and all of us naïve fans just keep feeding them money and wait for this franchise to come up with a winning team. Four years in with Dip and Scotty and we're in worse shape?? This rebuild bullshit is just another chapter in the "fuck the M's fans" book.

Instead of wasting money on ridiculous gimmicks they should drastically adjust ticket prices.

Average MLB ticket price 2018, by team | Statista

8th highest average ticket price. At a minimum at least make the upper deck tickets super cheap. I don't even think the team bothers selling the tickets above the Hit it Here cafe anymore. Games just aren't as fun when there aren't as many people at the stadium.

I'm not a sports economist, but I'd have to figure that the reduction in ticket prices would be offset by having more people in the stadium spending money on concessions.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Instead of wasting money on ridiculous gimmicks they should drastically adjust ticket prices.

Average MLB ticket price 2018, by team | Statista

8th highest average ticket price. At a minimum at least make the upper deck tickets super cheap. I don't even think the team bothers selling the tickets above the Hit it Here cafe anymore. Games just aren't as fun when there aren't as many people at the stadium.

I'm not a sports economist, but I'd have to figure that the reduction in ticket prices would be offset by having more people in the stadium spending money on concessions.

Yea I normally have hit up around 3 games by now but havent been close to going yet. Im thinking sometime in August when the ticket prices hopefully drop once they come to their senses. Then again Mariners and "come to their senses" arent ever a guarantee.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I normally have hit up around 3 games by now but havent been close to going yet. Im thinking sometime in August when the ticket prices hopefully drop once they come to their senses. Then again Mariners and "come to their senses" arent ever a guarantee.

I don't know how much the team adjusts prices throughout the season, but you can probably get some good deals on the secondary market through Stubhub or whatever from season ticket holders selling their tickets. My friend bought and sent me the tickets for Friday night before I could tell her that we can probably get much better tickets for a little more if we looked at Stubhub.