• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week One vs TN Titans

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the old site I posted a weekly folder on the upcoming game...thought I would continue it here.

From what I've read and heard from the Titans...they have upgraded their OL with the draft pick Chance Warmack (whom I was coveting) and they added Shonn Green to spell C. Johnson...The older Steeler Nate Washington is still a productive WR, but Britt is the playmaker if he's physically ready to play. Kendall Wright & Justin Hunter imo gives them a full arsenal @ WR...not sure who replaced Cook @ TE.

Keys to a win...this might sound like a broken drum early, but here goes.

I'm sure teams will want to see if the OL has figured out how to defend the delayed blitz between the G/C gaps...If the interior OL play is solid, Ben should be able to hit WRs (I don't like the TN CBs much) fairly often, and eventually get the running game going and score 21 points and I think that will be enough to get a win at home. Trying to run Redman early up the middle I don't think will work.

On DEF...they want to pound it and play action off that, but Locker has some good wheels and he will take off. Keep Johnson from the big run, CBs and S need to be ready to tackle.

I'm not expecting the OFC to be crisp yet, and I don't expect TN OFC to be either...I see this one as a bit of pay back from last year...24-17 Steelers.

Your thoughts?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the old site I posted a weekly folder on the upcoming game...thought I would continue it here.

From what I've read and heard from the Titans...they have upgraded their OL with the draft pick Chance Warmack (whom I was coveting) and they added Shonn Green to spell C. Johnson...The older Steeler Nate Washington is still a productive WR, but Britt is the playmaker if he's physically ready to play. Kendall Wright & Justin Hunter imo gives them a full arsenal @ WR...not sure who replaced Cook @ TE.

Keys to a win...this might sound like a broken drum early, but here goes.

I'm sure teams will want to see if the OL has figured out how to defend the delayed blitz between the G/C gaps...If the interior OL play is solid, Ben should be able to hit WRs (I don't like the TN CBs much) fairly often, and eventually get the running game going and score 21 points and I think that will be enough to get a win at home. Trying to run Redman early up the middle I don't think will work.

On DEF...they want to pound it and play action off that, but Locker has some good wheels and he will take off. Keep Johnson from the big run, CBs and S need to be ready to tackle.

I'm not expecting the OFC to be crisp yet, and I don't expect TN OFC to be either...I see this one as a bit of pay back from last year...24-17 Steelers.

Your thoughts?

Agreed! I think it will be 24-10 Steelers. I think the defense will create some good turnovers and put the offense is good position. I also think Pitt defense is going to come out angry like they did in Preseason Game 1. They have felt disrespected all offseason so I expect them to prove the world wrong. But like you said, with a guy like Chris Johnson running the ball, the secondary is going to have to be very sharp! But I expect Polamalu to eliminate him like he has before. But I also have heard great things about their new OC and how he has improved Locker's game. Lots of play action and boot passes is what i'm hearing (ATL mentioned this already). The linebackers will have to stay disciplined! Also I agree that the offense isn't going to be that crisp out of the gate. It just really depends on how the O-line does, and none of us can harp on that point enough! I can't wait to watch :clap:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed! I think it will be 24-10 Steelers. I think the defense will create some good turnovers and put the offense is good position. I also think Pitt defense is going to come out angry like they did in Preseason Game 1. They have felt disrespected all offseason so I expect them to prove the world wrong. But like you said, with a guy like Chris Johnson running the ball, the secondary is going to have to be very sharp! But I expect Polamalu to eliminate him like he has before. But I also have heard great things about their new OC and how he has improved Locker's game. Lots of play action and boot passes is what i'm hearing (ATL mentioned this already). The linebackers will have to stay disciplined! Also I agree that the offense isn't going to be that crisp out of the gate. It just really depends on how the O-line does, and none of us can harp on that point enough! I can't wait to watch :clap:

Exactly, the home run speed does concern me...keep him bottled up and I really like this week as a W. Everyone is concerned about the LT and RT as they should be, but if the interior guys are doing their jobs in this new zone blocking scheme...the Ts can protect the edge a little better. TN is to be respected as we learned from LY, but I don't see them coming into PIT and winning this one.

Got DTV all wired up and ready to go...getting my golf fix out of the way Sat. and kick back Sunday watch the boys who play for pay!!

bsanko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't able to watch the game, but have read on various sites several of our players are injured. I hope the Steelers have a backup plan or we will be back to 8 - 8 again. We so need a good solid running game and healthy players.

Good win for TN. It should boost their fan base.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't able to watch the game, but have read on various sites several of our players are injured. I hope the Steelers have a backup plan or we will be back to 8 - 8 again. We so need a good solid running game and healthy players.

8-8 my ass.. The way Pittsburgh played today, they'll be lucky to see 4 wins. Not embellishing here, that was THE WORST offensive performance I've ever seen from this team.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8-8 my ass.. The way Pittsburgh played today, they'll be lucky to see 4 wins. Not embellishing here, that was THE WORST offensive performance I've ever seen from this team.

Dude Seriously :stfu:

I have not seen one positive post about the Steelers in all your big 14 posts....

You wanna be a fairweather fan take it to the Ratbirds board!!!!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was definitely disappointing to say the least. But even with all the injuries I still think they will bounce back. A lot of the downsides to the game were somewhat out of their control (injuries mainly). There were a few positives to take away from this game:

1) Dick Lebeau's defense is still one of the best. I wouldn't read too much into the failures of the team as a whole, because to be honest the defense actually did its job for the most part. They held the opposing team to "low" scores, and they created 3&outs when they were needed. Aside from the opening drive, it was simply the offense failing miserably to capitalize on anything or move the ball (at all). However, the turnovers weren't there. But Polamalu was flying all over the place creating havoc, and the corners were doing a pretty decent job for the most part (even Gay!!).

2) Jarvis Jones needs to be on the field more. Worilds was really underwhelming, as we all saw in the preseason. Jarvis landed one of the hardest hits by a rookie that I have ever seen... EVER! What a way to make a debut!

3) The first drive of the offense was actually very efficient (minus Redman's fumble). Once Pouncey went down then the offense crumbled. I'm still scratching my head wondering why DeCastro thought he should go for that cut block when Pouncey had the man pretty much sealed on the stretch. Quite the bonehead move, and it will probably haunt him. DeCastro was visually distraught after he realized what he did. Hopefully the FO makes some roster moves by Tuesday evening, or else next monday night is going to be a nightmare. We have 2 healthy RB's left, and only 7 healthy O-lineman on the 53 (4 starters, 1 reliable replacement, and 2 ? marks).

In summary, it's exactly what many of us have been talking about. ATL & I predicted that the Offense was going to struggle out the gate. As long as Cortez's ankle injury isn't bad, I won't be worrying about the Defense. Foote is a replaceable talent, but his Buck assignment is going to be harder to replace. Because that is Lebeau's coaching relay to the defense, and that is usually reserved for an experienced linebacker (one that especially knows Lebeau's defense inside & out). With only rookies on the depth chart behind Foote, I would expect them to resign Sylvester. But all in all, the offense needs to perform better on all accounts, including Ben. He made his mistakes, but he wasn't given much time to make decisions during each series. If the offense works out the kinks now, then Pitt should rebound.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hats off the TN...especially their DEF.

We could not have gotten off to a better start...kicked off to TN and the kid stepped across the line of play from the endzone then decided to down it...safety.

OFC got great field position on the ensuing punt, but got no points out of the drive as Redman fumbles into the endzone...should've been 9-0. They stunk it up on OFC after that.

The injuries are not a reason to let this team off the hook for playoffs this yr...Pouncey is a big name, but has not played like a pro bowler in 2 yrs...Foote, he's solid, makes the tackles when he's supposed to, but can't make any splash plays anymore. I think he can be replaced.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was definitely disappointing to say the least. But even with all the injuries I still think they will bounce back. A lot of the downsides to the game were somewhat out of their control (injuries mainly). There were a few positives to take away from this game:

1) Dick Lebeau's defense is still one of the best. I wouldn't read too much into the failures of the team as a whole, because to be honest the defense actually did its job for the most part. They held the opposing team to "low" scores, and they created 3&outs when they were needed. Aside from the opening drive, it was simply the offense failing miserably to capitalize on anything or move the ball (at all). However, the turnovers weren't there. But Polamalu was flying all over the place creating havoc, and the corners were doing a pretty decent job for the most part (even Gay!!).

2) Jarvis Jones needs to be on the field more. Worilds was really underwhelming, as we all saw in the preseason. Jarvis landed one of the hardest hits by a rookie that I have ever seen... EVER! What a way to make a debut!

3) The first drive of the offense was actually very efficient (minus Redman's fumble). Once Pouncey went down then the offense crumbled. I'm still scratching my head wondering why DeCastro thought he should go for that cut block when Pouncey had the man pretty much sealed on the stretch. Quite the bonehead move, and it will probably haunt him. DeCastro was visually distraught after he realized what he did. Hopefully the FO makes some roster moves by Tuesday evening, or else next monday night is going to be a nightmare. We have 2 healthy RB's left, and only 7 healthy O-lineman on the 53 (4 starters, 1 reliable replacement, and 2 ? marks).

In summary, it's exactly what many of us have been talking about. ATL & I predicted that the Offense was going to struggle out the gate. As long as Cortez's ankle injury isn't bad, I won't be worrying about the Defense. Foote is a replaceable talent, but his Buck assignment is going to be harder to replace. Because that is Lebeau's coaching relay to the defense, and that is usually reserved for an experienced linebacker (one that especially knows Lebeau's defense inside & out). With only rookies on the depth chart behind Foote, I would expect them to resign Sylvester. But all in all, the offense needs to perform better on all accounts, including Ben. He made his mistakes, but he wasn't given much time to make decisions during each series. If the offense works out the kinks now, then Pitt should rebound.

1...I think the DEF front is going to be fine minus JH/Hamp...though only 1 sack, they were in Locker's face a lot...was not a comfortable pocket. Woods, and Heyward in the rotation and not much drop off. Back 4 Depth...I like kid Thomas...he's a hitter.

2...Admittedly my 1-2 mock was Warmack-Lacy at one point. But once LB appeared to be the direction and Jarvis Jones name was coming up...concerns over this medical condition, workout, etc. The local skinny on this kid is he plays much faster than what his times are, nose for the ball...I agree with you but Worilds did not play a bad game but I don't think he's going to make the splash plays the Jones will...at some point Lebeau might have all 3 in the game.

Sylvestor...if his ankle is ready to go, he should be the call, but I know they liked McFadden whom is on OAK PS...LeBeau will make this work.

Ben...monday morning QBing from me, but I'm not sure why Ben ignored Paulson (zero targets)...on the INT, Paulson was open I thought. Miller means a lot to him target wise...he does trust Crotchery. He missed the one deep ball to Sanders but Wheaton is going to have to factor for this team to be a solid offense. Somebody is going to have run some coverage off the underneath routes...or Brown will never see much 1 on 1. You add a healthy Miller, Bell and a productive Wheaton...I'll feel much better about the OFC.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only if the O-line starts to gel!!!! Which is going to be a lot harder to do without the center piece & captain.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where's week 2 ATL?????? Don't give up on me!!!