• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week one betting lines.....

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How you could predict the 49ers with 7 losses is beyond me.
Packers, @Sea, @STL, Texans, Panthers, @Saints, @Redskins, Sea, @Tampa, Atlanta, @Ari. 11 theoretical tough games with a chance to drop to some of the other teams as well.

Ibangedlolojones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers, @Sea, @STL, Texans, Panthers, @Saints, @Redskins, Sea, @Tampa, Atlanta, @Ari. 11 theoretical tough games with a chance to drop to some of the other teams as well.

They beat the Packers twice last season and the games were not close so that is a pipe dream on your part...@ St Louis is a win Akers is gone, Panthers ? Really ? @ Redskins and @ Tampa I like SF and Seattle at SF when is the last time Sea won in SF ?

Ibangedlolojones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners, Seahawks and Rams should all have great olines and dlines. Pending health. You're splitting hairs to come up with the team with the best trenches in the division.

Really ? D line not so overwhelming for SF but is there a better O line in the NFL right now ?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I know it's early. But what do you guys think about these week one lines as of now?

2013 NFL schedule: Vegas releases Week 1 betting lines - CBSSports.com

A few that caught my eye were:

NE - 7 @ BUF: Even before NE 'lost' some key offensive starters I would have taken Buffalo. These div games in week one are always close. IMO, the line should be more like NE - 4-5. Bills

GB @ SF - 5.5: 5.5 is always a weird number. To me it basically says that the lines-makers really think that SF is going to put it to GB yet again but realize that GB is a public team with a great QB so they dont want to make the line bigger. I dont see it, I'd have SF - 7.5. A very complete team vs a very one dimensional team. Niners.

Zona @ STL - 6: Stl. Louis is one of the teams that many believe are going to compete for a playoff spot. I'm not seeing it. Their running game will most likely be quite weak and their O-line still has major ?s even with the new additions. Their defense looks to be stout and would expect a low scoring game, so 6 points is too much. I still think that STL wins, but the line should be STL - 3. Cards.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The home team is always given 3 points at Vegas. Any game - anywhere.
Therefore if you look ate NE -7 at Buf, That is really -10
GB at SF-5.5 would be an actual line of 2.5
If you look at the home field advantage of -3, these lines make more sense. IMHO

Last edited by a moderator:

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The home team is always given 3 points at Vegas. Any game - anywhere.
Therefore if you look ate NE -7 at Buf, That is really -10
GB at SF-5.5 would be an actual line of 2.5
If you look at the home field advantage of -3, these lines make more sense. IMHO

I'm aware of how lines are created. Even on a neutral field I think SF beats GB by a TD and Buffalo keeps it close and loses by no more than a TD.