• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 8 Eagles @ Bills

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the bills are still a mediocre offensive team. i think the defense can step up and provide an average showing. but can the offense step up and do anything? if they can score 24, we win. every time pederson starts to look bad, he shifts heavy to the run game. if he sticks with that.. i can see the eagles winning like 24-17.

$$$. 37 carries, 224 yards. bills with only 251 yards total.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pederson learned that the running game is actually a thing.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that's the way to keep your season alive!

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That worked out to be a boss win! First half was decent. But at least better than most first halves this year.

The second half was the shit. Defense played really well for a half. They pressured Allen to be the second year raw QB he is. Game calling was sharp, RBs ate and Carson made some nice plays with leg and arm when needed.

Good win! Now let’s go home. Bears come in next week fresh off missing a field goal for the win.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pederson learned that the running game is actually a thing.

You know....I want to say that. But I’ve learned not to say it too soon with him. He still can’t resist getting Fat Andy cute. That one third down run in the first half with Agholor that fooled no one. Sheesh.

I get it. It’s an option for Wentz. He has been doing pretty well overall at having so much decision power out there. I just wish Doug would dial that back some.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The play calling and the OL blocking today was fantastic for the most part. Playing in windy conditions suits us well :)

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The play calling and the OL blocking today was fantastic for the most part. Playing in windy conditions suits us well :)

There was one point watching that last TD drive that consumed so much time and broke the Bills backs there was this replay of the O line lashing out forward to open huge holes.

I thought “hey, I eknow there guys”.
If hungry dogs run faster I think they see they’ve been starving themselves lately.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a VERY nice win. They FINALLY played like they gave a crap.
The trade deadline is coming up. Let's see if they do anything.
Now they have 3 straight home games plus a bye.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a VERY nice win. They FINALLY played like they gave a crap.
The trade deadline is coming up. Let's see if they do anything.
Now they have 3 straight home games plus a bye.

That’s the most thrilling part of this win....they were out there playing like they gave a damn. Unlike the previous 8 quarters. They came together this week (small tip of the hat to Orlando Scandrick....very small tip)

The Bears will bring that D, but we can handle them. The Pats being their D, and that scares the shit out of me. Then the Seahawks, who are very very good, but not unbeatable on the road.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday was a fantastic game because all phases clicked with the exception of special teams but Sanders got hurt late. IMO Orlando Scandrick hit close to home. The players will not admit it but there had to be some truth in what he said because the team that took the field yesterday is the first I have seen of them all season long.

The game also pointed out that we need to look at the failures of this team directly relate to poor coaching. And no...... I am not putting all the blame on Pederson. I think Pederson's issue is play calling and it is something he needs to address. He needs to stop trying to force this offense into things it is unable to do. Pass first without speed is a recipe for disaster. I put all of that on Mike Groh because it appears that Pederson gives his coordinators a lot of say in the game plan. Basically letting them design it and and he calls the plays.

The Defense yesterday was fantastic granted it was against a not so good offense. The thing that stood out is the changes I noticed. They were not all successful but it at least shows a sign willingness to change. I think Jim Schwartz is a below average blitz designer because most of our blitzes seem to come from the same place up the middle and most of the time they do not work. I will give him credit for blitzing a little more though. I did see some Cover 2 it looked like and that is something you do not see often from his designs. I also saw a couple stunts. Something else you do not often see in his scheme. So it is showing that he finally recognized his normal scheme is not working. I am not certain how the defense will play against some of the better offensive teams but I have maintained all along that as long as Schwartz is attempting to change his scheme to disguise the team deficiencies I will give him the benefit of the doubt. I think he did a great job yesterday.

I think Carson was fantastic yesterday as well. This Bills defense is fantastic This is the same Bills defense that held Tom Brady to under 50% pct and only 150 yards. His performance was supported by the fantastic run game. Very rarely do I see a Carson Wentz pass to a receiver that is not blanketed. It was almost the same yesterday but there was more room this week than in past games this season because the Bills has to respect the running game because they were getting gashed. Wentz still seemed to be under siege at times but he handled it well. The game play finally called for some shorter passing and it worked.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday was a fantastic game because all phases clicked with the exception of special teams but Sanders got hurt late. IMO Orlando Scandrick hit close to home. The players will not admit it but there had to be some truth in what he said because the team that took the field yesterday is the first I have seen of them all season long.

The game also pointed out that we need to look at the failures of this team directly relate to poor coaching. And no...... I am not putting all the blame on Pederson. I think Pederson's issue is play calling and it is something he needs to address. He needs to stop trying to force this offense into things it is unable to do. Pass first without speed is a recipe for disaster. I put all of that on Mike Groh because it appears that Pederson gives his coordinators a lot of say in the game plan. Basically letting them design it and and he calls the plays.

The Defense yesterday was fantastic granted it was against a not so good offense. The thing that stood out is the changes I noticed. They were not all successful but it at least shows a sign willingness to change. I think Jim Schwartz is a below average blitz designer because most of our blitzes seem to come from the same place up the middle and most of the time they do not work. I will give him credit for blitzing a little more though. I did see some Cover 2 it looked like and that is something you do not see often from his designs. I also saw a couple stunts. Something else you do not often see in his scheme. So it is showing that he finally recognized his normal scheme is not working. I am not certain how the defense will play against some of the better offensive teams but I have maintained all along that as long as Schwartz is attempting to change his scheme to disguise the team deficiencies I will give him the benefit of the doubt. I think he did a great job yesterday.

I think Carson was fantastic yesterday as well. This Bills defense is fantastic This is the same Bills defense that held Tom Brady to under 50% pct and only 150 yards. His performance was supported by the fantastic run game. Very rarely do I see a Carson Wentz pass to a receiver that is not blanketed. It was almost the same yesterday but there was more room this week than in past games this season because the Bills has to respect the running game because they were getting gashed. Wentz still seemed to be under siege at times but he handled it well. The game play finally called for some shorter passing and it worked.

I am not sold that Scandrick caused anything more than adding steel to resolve they were already forming. And not because his words hit close to home. But because he’s a dipshit.

Eagles tweet of him praising the hell out of Jenkins leadership on the sideline just a week and a half earlier showed how full of shit he was.

Apparently word is that Scandrick was thinking of shooting for TV vs playing anymore. So, he had an agenda and got exposed.

I think the team was well on their way to forming up before his words came up. Those words just helped.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sold that Scandrick caused anything more than adding steel to resolve they were already forming. And not because his words hit close to home. But because he’s a dipshit.

Eagles tweet of him praising the hell out of Jenkins leadership on the sideline just a week and a half earlier showed how full of shit he was.

Apparently word is that Scandrick was thinking of shooting for TV vs playing anymore. So, he had an agenda and got exposed.

I think the team was well on their way to forming up before his words came up. Those words just helped.

I give it weight because it forced the Eagles to deal with shit they were denying. You have to admit the Eagles played with something we have not seen at all this season and that is including the Packers game. Now I am not saying that everything that Scandrick said was true. Hell a lot of it could have been exaggerated but it was big news. Scandrick was exposed with the comments he made about Jenkins being a real leader. However I think it did make the Eagles look into the mirror.

With that said.... Scandrick may have burned some bridges and I doubt any team signs him.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give it weight because it forced the Eagles to deal with shit they were denying. You have to admit the Eagles played with something we have not seen at all this season and that is including the Packers game. Now I am not saying that everything that Scandrick said was true. Hell a lot of it could have been exaggerated but it was big news. Scandrick was exposed with the comments he made about Jenkins being a real leader. However I think it did make the Eagles look into the mirror.

With that said.... Scandrick may have burned some bridges and I doubt any team signs him.

Meh....I don't think he was really saying anything they needed to deny. Or....if he was...they might just have had all the "come to Jesus'" by that point in the week so it was old news. No doubt it was further galvanizing. These Peterson teams always seem to float around listlessly until they get something to sink their teeth into. Some level of disrespect, or no one believes in us, and they take off. Hope its the case here too.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe one of you guys should call into the local radio shows and start some rumors.....

I think they play their best when they are bitching and fight with each other.......

Or bring Chris Long back to control the locker room

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh....I don't think he was really saying anything they needed to deny. Or....if he was...they might just have had all the "come to Jesus'" by that point in the week so it was old news. No doubt it was further galvanizing. These Peterson teams always seem to float around listlessly until they get something to sink their teeth into. Some level of disrespect, or no one believes in us, and they take off. Hope its the case here too.

I get what you are saying but sometimes a catalyst comes from an unexpected source.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what you are saying but sometimes a catalyst comes from an unexpected source.

One things for sure....if this was any kind of impact on Sunday those kind of things don’t usually carry a team more than a week or two.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that proves they are a Run Blocking line not so much in Pass Block