• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 8: Cowboys @ Redskins

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gruden presser l

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this weeks crew

hr89y1r.png

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas Cowboys Head Coach Jason Garrett

On the challenge of the Redskins’ offense:

“I think the word you used is the right one. It’s a challenge. They have really good players and a really good scheme. The quarterback obviously has been very productive throughout his career. They’ve got a lot of weapons outside to throw to. They have got two big-time tight ends. They have a couple different running backs who have been productive for them, doing things different ways. I think they’re a very well-coached team and they’ve got a lot of good guys. They are certainly very dangerous and they challenge you a lot of different ways.”

On TE Jordan Reed:

“Well, he is a great football player. He is very difficult to cover. He’s very athletic. He’s quick. He’s fast. He’s explosive. He’s a very good route runner. He can win in man-to-man coverage and he is very quarterback friendly in zone coverage. There is no doubt that the quarterbacks like throwing the ball to him and he is awfully productive when they go in his direction. The other part of his game that is so dangerous is his ability to run with the ball after he catches it. He is certainly a mismatch player. They do a really good job of trying to get him some opportunities that are favorable for them. He is certainly a hard guy to cover.”

On changes in Cowboys QB Dak Prescott this year:

“The most impressive thing about Dak is how he approaches each and every day to get himself prepared and then to go play well – to go play as well as he can. He did that right at the outset last year with a lot of potential distractions around him. He just stayed focused on what he needed to do and played awfully well for us. He is one of those guys who learn from his experiences, both good and bad. Having a season under his belt as the starting quarterback, I think, gave him the opportunity to learn in so many different ways and improve every aspect of his game. I think he has more command of what we’re trying to do and maybe what defenses are trying to do against us. He is one of those guys who takes advantage of the experiences he has and he grows in every way. We certainly lucky to have him as our quarterback.”

On if he can do more in the offense given Prescott’s evolution:

“What was interesting right from the outset was that he seemed to be able to handle anything we gave him. We wanted to be deliberate last year in making sure that he had experience running the things that we were going to ask him to run in the game. Over the course of the season, we continued to grow offensively. The things we asked him to do, he was very capable of doing. So you just continue that process and he has embraced this whole process every step of the way. His preparation is outstanding and just the way he plays and the way he leads our football team. He has certainly grown over the time he has been our starter as he continues to work at to get better every day.”

On how he has QB Kirk Cousins evolve over the past few years:

“[He’s] just a really good player. They do a lot of different things with him – the drop-back game, the play-action game, the naked-and-boot game – and he handles all of it really, really well. He’s been very productive. He can make any throw on the field and he plays with confidence. He really cuts the ball loose and allows them to not only move the ball efficiently, but also make a lot of big plays and that’s what he’s been able to do. [There’s] a different supporting cast around him since he’s been the starter but he’s certainly been a constant for them.”

On RB Chris Thompson:

“He’s just a really good player. They hand him the ball. He runs the ball inside. He runs it outside. They throw it to him coming out of the backfield. They throw it to him when he lines up at the receiver position. He’s very good in the screen game – just a very elusive guy who seems to make big plays every time he touches the ball. He’s a good football player.”

On RB Ezekiel Elliott has handled his situation week-to-week:

“Well, to me, Zeke has handled it really, really well. Obviously, there’s a lot of things going on off the field with him but you wouldn’t know it if you were around him each and every day. His preparation’s excellent. He always seems focused and dialed in on what he needs to do to get himself ready to play each weekend. One of the themes that we have for our team is, ‘You have to control what you can control.’ We try to emphasize that to everybody and he’s certainly done a heck of a job of that. He controls his preparation and his performance at the foremost of his mind and as a team we just approach it the same way. What happens outside of our building doesn’t really get much of our attention. It’s more about what we’re doing each day to get better and whoever we have available to us, we’ll try to create the right environment for them to have success. Again, I think our guys have been focused, dialed in and not distracted on that issue one bit.”

Dallas Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliott

On how he’s handled uncertainty this season:

“Take it week by week every week. I prepare like I’m going to play.”

On the difficulty of playing with that uncertainty:

“Hey, I agreed to do this call so I could talk about football and this season. I’m not going to do a whole conference about that. I’m not going to talk about that anymore.”

On how he feels as a player compared to last year:

“I feel like we had somewhat of a slow start in our running game but we’re making strides now, we’re gaining some momentum as an offense. Every week we’re just working on getting better and better so we can peak at the right time.”

On the Redskins’ defense:

“These division games are always tough. We know each other’s schemes so well. So these division games are always exciting to go on because you just know it’s going to be a challenge. Watching them, a great defense, they have a great back end and their D-ends, and they have a tough interior defensive line, some great pass rushers and some great linebackers. So we’re excited for this challenge.”

On Cowboys QB Dak Prescott:

“I think he’s definitely become a better player. I think he anticipates the game a lot more and his ability just to be himself and go out there and make plays, obviously he’s a player as a runner and he’s done an awesome job this year just using his feet to extend plays and make big plays downfield.”

On different concepts Prescott’s evolution allows:

“I think some of it, we’ve done a lot more. Just the run-pass option, so when teams play us, they know we love to run the ball, they know we want to run the ball, so that just gives him the opportunity to see what their defense is in and maybe key into a certain guy. If they’re all biting on the run, he can pull up and make a pass.”

On if teams have tried to play him differently this season:

“Can’t say that I’ve noticed. We approach every game the same. We want to go in there and run the ball. They know that. So they go in there, stack the box, make it tough for us to run and that’s just how it’s been.”

On how he’s improved in his second season:

“I definitely feel a lot more accustomed to this offense. I can anticipate and make my reads a lot easier.”

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is going to be a homecoming weekend

using the old school logo

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok our starting o/ line Clemings Lavou Roullier Catilna and double sprain moses

So it’s sll KC ‘s fault

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok our starting o/ line Clemings Lavou Roullier Catilna and double sprain moses

So it’s sll KC ‘s fault

I see this as a opportunity for Kirk to carry the team.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a little nervous with "Skates" at the RT spot.

Skates?? YOu mean Morgan "The Red Sea" Moses?? Cause dude moves out the way as if commanded by God.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skates?? YOu mean Morgan "The Red Sea" Moses?? Cause dude moves out the way as if commanded by God.

Funny. I used to call our OT, Doug FreePass the way he used to give the DE access to the QB. Sad thing is he played better than his 2017 replacement.