• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 6, Los Angeles Rams @ San Francisco Forty-Niners, Sunday 10/18/20, 5:20 PM PDT

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams issues are exposed, it's clear as day and has been the last several yrs that LB was a need, help on the DL was a need and what did they do??? Absolutely nothing besides continue to fit a square peg into a round hole that is (3-4) defense with players ill fitted for the system.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schedule is only gonna get tougher, god forbid AD gets an injury with how hard he goes out each play because this Defense does not have any secondary options to help.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schedule is only gonna get tougher, god forbid AD gets an injury with how hard he goes out each play because this Defense does not have any secondary options to help.
If he gets a torn acl for example, our defense would be fucked.
Rams issues are exposed, it's clear as day and has been the last several yrs that LB was a need, help on the DL was a need and what did they do??? Absolutely nothing besides continue to fit a square peg into a round hole that is (3-4) defense with players ill fitted for the system.
Right now, it also sounds like we need some more defensive line talent if nobody is creating pressure when Donald is double or triple teamed.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he gets a torn acl for example, our defense would be fucked.

Right now, it also sounds like we need some more defensive line talent if nobody is creating pressure when Donald is double or triple teamed.
When does A'shawn come back?

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw Goff on the sideline very agitated at Wentworth during the game. I wonder what that was about. Wentworth was smiling but it was one of those (are you kidding me) smiles and Goff looked pissed.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was pitiful, one of the worst performances I ever remember seeing. Nobody could do anything right besides Henderson and LB Floyd. It is like this team can't put two good games together. Everyone takes credit for this loss, except for those two. Better get their shit together for Chicago next Monday.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am pretty much fed-up with the by-line, CYA, bullshit this team, starting with Genius Boy, continues to propagate on the fans from day one of this season with all of its changes and the supposed bullshit that making the changes was/is going to make us a powerhouse winner again. Here we are 6-weeks into the season and ALL of them are going on the record stating that "WE have to play better" WELL THEN WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT LOAD OF SHIT!! This team has been saying this for nearly two years now and when they lose to a tougher team, they all line-up to the microphone and say the same dame thing!!

That game was easily winnable and the Rams could have repeated the comeback that happened in Buffalo even in the second half when Garappolo was over-throwing receivers and throwing passes into the ground for Cryin' Out Loud!! You mean to tell me that the players are still thinking we have to play better?

What a effin' load of bullshit that is miles deep that is!! And genius boy ought to be taken out back in the alley and have is ass whipped for not recognizing his opponents defensive tendencies and making the proper adjustments and also recognizing his defense is no longer fitting the personnel he has on his roster. Give the notion that Wade Phillips is no longer the DC and trash the 3-4 because we have no stud LBs to make it work. Go to the 4-3 where are strength is somewhat better and let the secondary make all of the plays! Shit, go to the old 5-2-4 or even the 5-1-5!!

What on the flippin planet is he going to do next?: Smile and state: Oh, we just have to play better!! Flippin dumbass genius boy!!

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean to tell me that, you Genius Boy cannot make changes to a team when people start presenting incontrovertible evidence that they are sleep-walking and couldn't care less about winning?

For example, why didn't genius boy pull Kupp, when he started screwing-the-pooch dropping passes and put Reynolds and Van Jefferson in who both made some great catches to actually score and to get us close? Why not go with the hot producers on any given night. Genius boy went with Akers and Henderson when they had great runs but then pulled them for Brown who sucked last night.

And what in the hell is genius boy's rationale to continue to go with a kicker who is consistently missing extra points and FGs as he did last night? What rationale is genius boy relying on to continue to use Cooper Kupp as a punt returner when he has proven over multiple games that he is simply not the guy for the job! If that is Bonamago's decision, then get ahold of the dopey coach and tell him so.

For all of the attributes genius boy supposedly has, he as an equal amount of stupidity in his thinking that makes little sense and sure as hell does not promote a powerhouse mentality they all want to believe they have!!

And when are they going to trash those ridiculous, pussified uniforms and helmets and that stupid logo that engenders nothing remotely resembling a powerhouse but an image that this is the same lame Rams the league has known dating back to the days of Linehan and the Drama Queen?

Last edited:

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am pretty much fed-up with the by-line, CYA, bullshit this team, starting with Genius Boy, continues to propagate on the fans from day one of this season with all of its changes and the supposed bullshit that making the changes was/is going to make us a powerhouse winner again. Here we are 6-weeks into the season and ALL of them are going on the record stating that "WE have to play better" WELL THEN WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT LOAD OF SHIT!! This team has been saying this for nearly two years now and when they lose to a tougher team, they all line-up to the microphone and say the same dame thing!!

That game was easily winnable and the Rams could have repeated the comeback that happened in Buffalo even in the second half when Garappolo was over-throwing receivers and throwing passes into the ground for Cryin' Out Loud!! You mean to tell me that the players are still thinking we have to play better?

What a effin' load of bullshit that is miles deep that is!! And genius boy ought to be taken out back in the alley and have is ass whipped for not recognized his opponents defensive tendencies and making the proper adjustments and also recognizing his defense is no longer fitting the personnel he has on his roster.

What on the flippin planet is he going to do next?: Smile and state: Oh, we just have to play better!! Flippin dumbass genius boy!!
If teams take on the personalities of their coaches, would you say we went from thuggery during the Fisher era to extreme arrogance during the McVay era?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yea UVA. That is spot on. A McVay derived and propagated belief that the Rams are badass just on merits alone until, yet another team hands them their lunch, to which they shift into CYA mode and state: "We have to play Better" !!!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the reasons the Fearsome Foursome was so feared was because, just like the players' performances week-in and week-out, Deacon and the bunch not only talked about what they were going to do to you, they went out each week and knocked the crap out of you just as they told you they were going to do!!

This team... ...oh, we have this and that and genius boy is our coach and we know you are just going to just fear us and we will win doing basically stupid stuff like going out the night before a game and getting plastered and oooo, look we have new pussified uniforms and double C/banana horns on our pussifed helmets and isn't that just special and we are just a powerhouse!! WTF!!!

Last edited:

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yea UVA. That is spot on. A McVay derived and propagated belief that the Rams are badass just on merits alone until, yet another team hands them their lunch, to which they shift into CYA mode and state: "We have to play Better" !!!
I’ve always believed to get respect, you have to earn respect. Beating up on all the scrubs in the NFC East isn’t going to gain you respect because you should be beating them anyways. Beating the good teams more often than not is the best way to do it.
He can say we need to play better all he wants but until they actually show it on the field, it’s wasted breath. It starts with him and goes from there. I was hoping he would’ve been humbled last year by not making the playoffs but it seems like the message of teams not being in awe of his “genius” hasn’t gotten through to his head yet. This team isn’t going to get any better until he admits his mistakes and actually works to correct them.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree fully UVA. It is becoming increasingly clear to everyone else that our 3-4 defense can't stop the run because our LBs, save Kiser and maybe OKO who is now injured are crap. San Fran proved again that fact last night by scoring or setting themselves-up for a TD by running the football. And the Whiners used the run, which we could not stop, to seal the game when we still had a chance to tie the game.

WE have not fixed our run defense to a consistent level where we can handle tougher teams who have a decent running game. Our D was pretty stout against the lame NFC East but we lost a game in Buffalo in the waning moments of the fourth quarter because the D could not stop the run or the pass.

Now one of the things we do not have on this team and have not had it since McVay was hired is a killer instinct. WE do not press down on the gas until the whistle blows in any given game but like McVay we don't want to offend anyone for fear of retribution the next time around. Where in the hell did that idea get started? If you have a consistent powerhouse, you aren't afraid of retribution. You knock the crap out of people every week and you don't let-up until the scoreboard timer says 0:00.

Nooooo, not Genius Boy. Now he was raised around a coach named Bill Walsh who had such a demand for precision and discipline to maintain the killer instinct that he trained his snooperbowl teams to knock the crap out of people with brute force and exquisite precision. No excuses for TOs or mistakes. Not this Rams teams under McVay. He's about staying positive and choosing success all the while getting badly out-coached and coming-up clueless on a remedy. The distinction is blatantly obvious to even the most casual observer yet Genius Boy can't see it if you drew him a map. Pity...

Last edited:

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree fully UVA. It is becoming increasingly clear to everyone else that our 3-4 defense can't stop the run because our LBs, save Kiser and maybe OKO who is now injured are crap. San Fran proved again that fact last night by scoring or setting themselves-up for a TD by running the football. And the Whiners used the run, which we could not stop, to seal the game when we still had a chance to tie the game.

WE have not fixed our run defense to a consistent level where we can handle tougher teams who have a decent running game. Our D was pretty stout against the lame NFC East but we lost a game in Buffalo in the waning moments of the fourth quarter because the D could not stop the run or the pass.

Now one of the things we do not have on this team and have not had it since McVay was hired is a killer instinct. WE do not press down on the gas until the whistle blows in any given game but like McVay we don't want to offend anyone for fear of retribution the next time around. Where in the hell did that idea get started? If you have a consistent powerhouse, you aren't afraid of retribution. You knock the crap out of people every week and you don't let-up until the scoreboard timer says 0:00.

Nooooo, not Genius Boy. Now he was raised around a coach named Bill Walsh who had such a demand for precision and discipline to maintain the killer instinct that he trained his snooperbowl teams to knock the crap out of people with brute force and exquisite precision. No excuses for TOs or mistakes. Not this Rams teams under McVay. He's about staying positive and choosing success all the while getting badly out-coached and coming-up clueless on a remedy. Pity...
Couldn’t agree more. I don’t want the Fisher style thuggery to return but I don’t want them to sit there with a thumb up their ass and not have a clue either. We need smart, aggressive linemen and linebackers. It’s absolutely pathetic that nobody can still sniff the quarterback when Donald is getting double or triple teamed. There’s no excuse for that! And it’s hard for us to get them because we’ve loaded up on a lot of high priced extensions and don’t have a lot of cap space to get the guys that’d be what we need. And also, it’s hard to find them when you’re constantly trading away first day draft picks.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, UVA, MAYBE and it is a big MAYBE, McSnead may have learned their collective lesson and are done shipping number ones and twos out the door for egomaniacal, overpaid, self-exaggerated players that supposedly change the teams approach and the rest of the league. If the Fuller and Lewis selections have once again proved, you can find game changers if you do your draft homework effectively and you don't waste your FA money by finding damaged packages of whining douchebags like we did with yet another fraud, Robinson. Good Grief, why we never even considered Danny Shelton who could have easily been had for the money we paid for Floyd and Robinson is beyond me. Shelton is/was exactly what we needed in our run defense and he won a snooperbowl against us by destroying our run game nearly single-handedly.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw Goff on the sideline very agitated at Wentworth during the game. I wonder what that was about. Wentworth was smiling but it was one of those (are you kidding me) smiles and Goff looked pissed.

Why was he agitated at Wentworth, last time i checked the OT wasn't the one throwing wounded ducks and INT's in the endzone. Goff needs to own up to folding like a bitch, yet again under pressure. Every time he isn't able to have playaction go his way he folds.....can't blame your OT for your off target throws.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why was he agitated at Wentworth, last time i checked the OT wasn't the one throwing wounded ducks and INT's in the endzone. Goff needs to own up to folding like a bitch, yet again under pressure. Every time he isn't able to have playaction go his way he folds.....can't blame your OT for your off target throws.
I even recall 1 announcer explaining how the 9ers DC has a set group of plays to defend against the bootleg/playaction's and they executed them well. All the while boy genius has that redundant dumb founded look on his face when he can't think of any adjustments.