• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 5 Jets @ Eagles

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Good on you to make the move to cull out the noise. It does take some time to get used to it. I’ve learned if a post doesn’t make any sense it’s likely due to iggy. :nod:

I had the two of the on ignore before and took them off. I get criticism of the Eagles. What fan is not critical of their team but a couple of them took it to the realm of ridiculous. You only see posts when Carson does something wrong. He does well and well....crickets. Taking off ignore to see where I made my error in replying to Guy I see a comment on how bad the Eagles loss to the Falcons looks now that the Texans put 53 on them (last 7 was a pick 6). So I shake my head when I read comments like that because they just seem stupid to me. Before the game the Eagles lost Alshon and Djax and then Goedert very early. The fact the Eagles should have won that game (thanks agholor) is a testament of the fight this team has.

Carson Wentz is an elite talent and I find it hard for anyone to suggest otherwise. Is he playing at an elite level right now.....well he did not against the Jets. Up until then I think he has. Maybe not MVP caliber but he has been playing elite. He was perfect in the red zone against a Packers team that embarrassed the Cowboys and who many are saying is the best team in the NFC. He has put us in a position with his play to win every game this year. His completion percentage takes a hit because the Eagles lead the NFL in dropped passes. The Eagles have played 5 games this year.....he has thrown an interception in only one of them. Once this team is fully healthy and Doug Pederson pulls his head out of his ass and keep Sproles and Sanders on the bench this team will take off.

Defensively I am not sold yet. They only dominated a very bad Jets team. We are still the worst pass defense in the NFL and it is here that I am most critical of Jim Schwartz. What we have seen is the reason I think he is not a good coordinator. He does have a scheme that does work well but it is too reliant on talent. If he does not have at least 1 shut down corner his 1 high safety scheme will fail. He has not adjusted to the what offensive coordinators have figured out about his defense. I think we have good but not great corners when healthy. Maybe not a true shut down corner but the right scheme could compensate for that. Good offensive teams are going to continue to pick us apart. Don't be fooled by the #1 rush defense in the NFL stat. It is only because no one run against us. They are too busy picking us apart in the air. in 3 games we have only had 97 carries against us.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had the two of the on ignore before and took them off. I get criticism of the Eagles. What fan is not critical of their team but a couple of them took it to the realm of ridiculous. You only see posts when Carson does something wrong. He does well and well....crickets. Taking off ignore to see where I made my error in replying to Guy I see a comment on how bad the Eagles loss to the Falcons looks now that the Texans put 53 on them (last 7 was a pick 6). So I shake my head when I read comments like that because they just seem stupid to me. Before the game the Eagles lost Alshon and Djax and then Goedert very early. The fact the Eagles should have won that game (thanks agholor) is a testament of the fight this team has.

Carson Wentz is an elite talent and I find it hard for anyone to suggest otherwise. Is he playing at an elite level right now.....well he did not against the Jets. Up until then I think he has. Maybe not MVP caliber but he has been playing elite. He was perfect in the red zone against a Packers team that embarrassed the Cowboys and who many are saying is the best team in the NFC. He has put us in a position with his play to win every game this year. His completion percentage takes a hit because the Eagles lead the NFL in dropped passes. The Eagles have played 5 games this year.....he has thrown an interception in only one of them. Once this team is fully healthy and Doug Pederson pulls his head out of his ass and keep Sproles and Sanders on the bench this team will take off.

Defensively I am not sold yet. They only dominated a very bad Jets team. We are still the worst pass defense in the NFL and it is here that I am most critical of Jim Schwartz. What we have seen is the reason I think he is not a good coordinator. He does have a scheme that does work well but it is too reliant on talent. If he does not have at least 1 shut down corner his 1 high safety scheme will fail. He has not adjusted to the what offensive coordinators have figured out about his defense. I think we have good but not great corners when healthy. Maybe not a true shut down corner but the right scheme could compensate for that. Good offensive teams are going to continue to pick us apart. Don't be fooled by the #1 rush defense in the NFL stat. It is only because no one run against us. They are too busy picking us apart in the air. in 3 games we have only had 97 carries against us.

what phillygreen is really saying..

STEP 1: replace schwartz with a guy i will not name so they can improve their already top 10 defense.
STEP 2: make sproles and sanders hold clipboards on the sidelines.
STEP 3: teams can run against us, but they don't feel like it because they can pass all over us. so keep these "good corners" who are hurt, can't tackle and we pick off the streets for this new coordinator i will not name.. who will automatically do better than schwartz.
STEP 4: ???
STEP 5: ???
STEP 6 WENTZ!!!
STEP 7: PROFIT!

this dude is seriously dumb as hell. but it's cute to play the ignore game, as this golden knowledge above is superior.