• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 4 Games

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a couple of weeks before ACC play kicks into high gear, but still 2 major in-conference match-ups that will have major impacts in both divisions.

Thursday
NC State @ Cincinnati

Saturday
North Carolina @ #25 Georgia Tech
Temple @ Maryland
Massachusetts @ Boston College
Tulane @ Duke
#11 Florida State @ #21 Clemson
#13 Virginia Tech @ Marshall
Southern Miss @ Virginia
Kansas St @ Miami

What's your guys thoughts/predictions?

HokieChamp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thursday
NC State @ Cincinnati

Saturday
Temple @ Maryland
Tulane @ Duke
Southern Miss @ Virginia
Kansas St @ Miami

I hope I'm wrong picking against ACC teams but I just have a gut feeling about some of these. Also, I think the FSU vs Clemson game is going to be closer than some people think.

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NC State @ Cincinnati

Saturday
North Carolina @ #25 Georgia Tech <------by 12 points
Temple @ Maryland <------10 points
Massachusetts @ Boston College <--------poor BC
Tulane @ Duke <-------Almost basketball season!
#11 Florida State @ #21 Clemson <-------close game
#13 Virginia Tech @ Marshall <---------LOL
Southern Miss @ Virginia <--------flipped a coin here
Kansas St @ Miami <------This one is going to be ugly for KSU

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nc State @ Cincinnati

Sat.

UNC@ GT
Temple @ Terps
Massachusetts @ BC
Tulane @ Duke
FSU @ Clemson - I don't know why
VT @ Marshall
Southern Mrs @ Virginia
Kansas State @ Miami of Florida - that running back guy is going to get mass yards, Kansas State's run defense sucks

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thursday
NC State @ Cincinnati - I don't see NC State stopping Cinci's offense on this road test.

Saturday
North Carolina @ #25 Georgia Tech - First test for GT against a team with a real defense. I'm guessing they pull out this win at home with that high-powered offense.

Temple @ Maryland - Another game that I have to give winner to the home team. Don't sleep on Temple, though.

Massachusetts @ Boston College - They have to win at some point. Right? Maybe not, but I don't see them dropping a home game to a FCS opponent.

Tulane @ Duke - Beating BC on the road was nice, but this is the same team that lost to Richmond. Tulane puts up 30+ in a win.

#11 Florida State @ #21 Clemson - Toughest match-up of the week. This game could go a long way to determining the Coastal champion. FSU is the better team, but they are hampered with injuries and may be hungover. Right now, their WRs are veryyy thin, and Manuel is day-to-day. Trickett looked good, but if he plays, this will be his first road test, and that's tough for a freshman. Also, FSU's run game has been completely absent this year. Clemson gets the edge in a close one.

#13 Virginia Tech @ Marshall - Last easy game for VT. Should win this one, then face what could be a red-hot Clemson team.

Southern Miss @ Virginia - Bounce back from loss to UNC. I think UVA will put themselves in a good position to be bowl eligible going into ACC play.

Kansas St @ Miami - Miami showed they are strong when they have all of their players. This should be a relatively easy win for them if they play like they did against Ohio St.

Overall ACC goes 5-2 in OOC games this week.

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson and FSU are in the Atlantic. Otherwise, good commentary.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
As odd as it may sound, the UMass-BC game looks to be extremely important for those programs. UMass is jumping up to FBS football, and suppossedly is gaining popularity. With BC being so down right now, they can't call a loss here a fluke. It could bolster UMass in that area, where BC isn't exactly popular anyway. Publicity, recruiting, and even local sponsors could be at stack in the long term. BC needs a win to restore confidence and avoid a spiral into a continous Duke-like program.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nc State @ Cincinnati

Sat.

UNC@ GT
Temple @ Terps
Massachusetts @ BC
Tulane @ Duke
FSU @ Clemson - I don't know why
VT @ Marshall
Southern Mrs @ Virginia
Kansas State @ Miami of Florida - that running black guy is going to get mass yards, Kansas State's run defense sucks

:jaw:
which one?

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thursday
NC State @ Cincinnati

Saturday
Temple @ Maryland
Tulane @ Duke
Southern Miss @ Virginia
Kansas St @ Miami

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NC State @ Cincinnati

Saturday
Temple @ Maryland
Tulane @ Duke
#11 Florida State @ #21 Clemson <-- by more than 10
Southern Miss @ Virginia
Kansas St @ Miami

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thursday
NC State @ Cincinnati State is just not a good team without Wilson

Saturday
North Carolina @ #25 Georgia Tech: GT rolls early, even against UNC's supposedly stellar defensive line.

Temple @ Maryland: Maryland should win based on depth, but it wouldn't surprise me to see Temple win as Maryland can't seem to stop giving the ball away.

Massachusetts @ Boston College: The black eyes and battering continue for the Eagles...

Tulane @ Duke: Duke should have some positive momentum going into this game (especially after beating BC), although it's not a gimme.

#11 Florida State @ #21 Clemson: FSU hasn't beaten us in Death Valley since 2001, and if EJ Manuel doesn't play, I don't think they have the running game to balance their offense. Trickett will be good enough to keep FSU in the game, but Clemson wins by 10.

#13 Virginia Tech @ Marshall: LT gets the offense rolling by powering over the smallish Marshall front 7 and gets Coale involved in the passing game; I think Wilson has a monster day on the ground (150+ with 2 TDs).

Southern Miss @ Virginia: The Wahoos continue their march to a bowl game and supposed relevance in another tight one.

Kansas St @ Miami: Jacory almost blows this one early with a first half pick six, but the running game is too much for K State to handle and Miami runs away with it late.

Notes: NC State, UNC, and BC will all continue to take backwards steps with recruiting and wins over the season. Over/under for the Clemson/FSU game should be ~ 55, and I'm taking the under.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thursday
NC State @ Cincinnati State is just not a good team without Wilson

Saturday
North Carolina @ #25 Georgia Tech: GT rolls early, even against UNC's supposedly stellar defensive line.

UNCs d-line is average...

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UNCs d-line is average...

That's for sure. UVa was able to put up a lot of yards against the UNC Defense, which was very surprising to me. I was shocked at how well UNC o-line played though. UVa's d-line is supposed to be a strength of ours, UNC was able to run through it with ease.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NC State @ Cincinnati

Temple @ Maryland
Tulane @ Duke
Southern Miss @ Virginia
Kansas St @ Miami

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's for sure. UVa was able to put up a lot of yards against the UNC Defense, which was very surprising to me. I was shocked at how well UNC o-line played though. UVa's d-line is supposed to be a strength of ours, UNC was able to run through it with ease.

Our o-line is probably the strongest part of the team. UNCs corners are a major problem this year, and without a strong d-line its gonna kill them later in the year.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are Holts or Turner playing as true Fr?

I havent noticed them playing. We start dont have any true freshman on the two-deep on offense and our O-line is a lot of Jrs and Srs and James Hurst.