• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 4: Baltimore Ravens at Denver Broncos

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The concern I take from this game is that the Offense needs to find a way to move the ball. It was very frustrating to see how inept they were today.

The other concerning thing was how many time the Ravens had guys running wide open.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The concern I take from this game is that the Offense needs to find a way to move the ball. It was very frustrating to see how inept they were today.

The other concerning thing was how many time the Ravens had guys running wide open.

We found a way. Gordon and Williams were both over 6 yards per carry. Keep running like that and we can be very successful offensively. Unless Shurmur continues to abandon the run when it’s working really well.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The running game is part of it, but we do need to have success passing the ball when we get down, or late in the game. I will say this is one game, but the offense needs to be more productive.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The running game is part of it, but we do need to have success passing the ball when we get down, or late in the game. I will say this is one game, but the offense needs to be more productive.

Certainly, but Shurmur gave up on the run waaayyy too early. Down ten early in the 3rd quarter is no time to lose offensive balance.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We knew the Ravens were going to be tough so I don’t think we should hit the panic button yet, but if we play this bad next week against a what looks to be subpar Steelers team, then we should be worried.
I wasn't going to be surprised by a loss to the ravens. I was surprised at how we lost. Lifeless, uninspired offense. A defense that looked confused at times. Injuries played a part in yesterday's outcome but coaching seemed to set this team up for failure.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i can’t back Pat Shurmur.

1 rush for Javonte in the 2nd half which he turned nothing into a first down and 10 yards

Lock was Lock
his standard 50 % completion % and a red zone turnover.

Attachments

• 1633353621511.png
    1633353621511.png
    120.6 KB · Views: 1

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense was poor with Teddy and worse with Lock. A bad Steelers will help next week, but I think this is what we will see against quality opponents. Shurmer needs to go and we need a QB. Teddy is ok, but he isn't a franchise guy.

The defensive lapses on big plays was alarming as well and once again the special teams was hot garbage.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to give a shout out to Sutton and Fant for their 2nd half attitude epic fail losing my respect for both of them. Nicely done boys.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was an embarrassing loss on every single level. We looked completely inept on both sides. I’m not ringing the alarm bells, but how this team competes next week is going to be a telltale sign. There is no excuse for not competing

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was an embarrassing loss on every single level. We looked completely inept on both sides. I’m not ringing the alarm bells, but how this team competes next week is going to be a telltale sign. There is no excuse for not competing
I'm not ringing alarm bells all but, I think we must win next two games or PTSD will set in with team.

coloradobuff

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to give a shout out to Sutton and Fant for their 2nd half attitude epic fail losing my respect for both of them. Nicely done boys.
agree! not saying Lock was perfect out there but those 2 deep balls to Sutton were catchable but he got lazy on one of the routes and didn't locate the ball on the other route on a back shoulder fade. Inexcusable!

And our O-line was pathetic!
And Simmons got his $$ and cant cover crap now. he got abused up and down the field.
Time to regroup and do better against Pittsburgh.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not freaking out over 1 loss and know we have 13 more games left. My football IQ is limited understanding why players on a team that hasn't been over .500 record wise get fat cat syndrome over a 3-0 start it boggles my mind. Is it their issue coaches issue not pushing right buttons? Makes me think we don't have coaches that can get most out of our roster when things go off script.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pump it up. Good analysis, Mingo!

Living near DC I have seen several Broncos-Balto matchups here. Remember the field goal attempt that was return for a touchdown? That’s right, I was there. The Broncos never won any of those games. Even when they were favored to do so. I say today we return the homefield advantage favor and don’t take our foot off the gas.
The ravens always come and want to play football. Broncos ….. not so much. Here is the td return off a failed FG try right before the half. This game reminds me of yesterday.
** click on the ‘watch on YouTube’ link

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not freaking out over 1 loss and know we have 13 more games left. My football IQ is limited understanding why players on a team that hasn't been over .500 record wise get fat cat syndrome over a 3-0 start it boggles my mind. Is it their issue coaches issue not pushing right buttons? Makes me think we don't have coaches that can get most out of our roster when things go off script.

Sounds like you are freaking out over 1 loss.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BINGO
BINGO
BINGO

These are the two HUGE concerns/takes from this game... Nailed it. I am not as concerned over the wide open players as I have faith in this secondary as we are very talented but it was awful vs the Ravens. I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt that they fix that part.

Our two OG's out hurt us big time. Oweh the rookie from Penn State tore our OL apart. He is going to be a great player in this league... Dude was not much of a college player but unlike most players it seems his 40 time well warranted his draft stock, that and he is in a perfect place in Baltimore to succeed.

I never got too excited about 3-0 vs 3 pretty poor teams. I enjoyed it and it was better then losing any of those games. It was a start but we know we still have a long ways to go. We couldn't exploit a very poor Ravens secondary that is without Marcus Peters for the season and DeShon Elliott for this game.. The 7 points was a huge letdown for me.. I had us losing this game but expected to play better.

I think the biggest thing with the offense is the running game. We have two very talented back and yet these guys seem to have 30-49 yards a game besides week 1 where Gordon popped the big one late in the game. With no Jeudy and no Hamler our run game is very critical to open things up for Fant, Patrick and Sutton... We need it worse then ever... We have the right RB's... Now we just need to execute as a team.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After a bit of reflection this loss, especially the way we lost, was disappointing. We are 3-1 and either in a 3 way tie for 1st place in the AFC West or a game back in second, pending the Monday Night game. Either way this team has to look at the film, learn for the mistakes, and put it behind them. If they dwell on the missed opportunity it will lead to 3-4-5-6 game losing streak, and sink their season.

We have to move on to Pittsburgh, and be ready to put in a butter performance.

I heard/saw today that Patrick Surtain II should be ok, and is listed as day to day. Dionte Spencer is day to day as well. Teddy is in the concussion protocol and the earliest he can practice is Friday.

This has to be about as good of news as we could expect on the injury front.

Broncoballs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I
BINGO
BINGO
BINGO

These are the two HUGE concerns/takes from this game... Nailed it. I am not as concerned over the wide open players as I have faith in this secondary as we are very talented but it was awful vs the Ravens. I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt that they fix that part.

Our two OG's out hurt us big time. Oweh the rookie from Penn State tore our OL apart. He is going to be a great player in this league... Dude was not much of a college player but unlike most players it seems his 40 time well warranted his draft stock, that and he is in a perfect place in Baltimore to succeed.

I never got too excited about 3-0 vs 3 pretty poor teams. I enjoyed it and it was better then losing any of those games. It was a start but we know we still have a long ways to go. We couldn't exploit a very poor Ravens secondary that is without Marcus Peters for the season and DeShon Elliott for this game.. The 7 points was a huge letdown for me.. I had us losing this game but expected to play better.

I think the biggest thing with the offense is the running game. We have two very talented back and yet these guys seem to have 30-49 yards a game besides week 1 where Gordon popped the big one late in the game. With no Jeudy and no Hamler our run game is very critical to open things up for Fant, Patrick and Sutton... We need it worse then ever... We have the right RB's... Now we just need to execute as a team.
Key injuries simply cannot be overcome. The sad thing is, if this team was healthy, it is a legit team.

Unfortunately that luck isn't on our side. I said it before the game and it should be that obvious to us.

Hate being the gloom and doom person, but that is the problem. Not Fangio. Not Shurmur.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sorry, but Shurmer's play calling was baffling so yes he is an issue outside of injuries. Also the Fangio Harbaugh spat was just childish. Fangio, your team got its butt kicked so shut it. Keep it to I don't like it and move on. He sounded like a whining child. Coaching is a problem with this team.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, not a huge fan of the way Fangio handled that... It was a record. I would have wanted Denver to do the same thing. Seems a little dramatic on his part. Maybe a tactic to fire his players up a bit too for the next game.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You put your finger on what surprised and pissed me off about the Bronco's effort.