• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 4: Baltimore Ravens at Denver Broncos

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver has won their first 3 games against 3 of the teams that will likely have top 5 picks in the the 2022 draft. Now Denver will get a chance to play a very different team then what we have seen up to this piont. The Ravens could be 0-3 as easy as they are 2-1. They needed a fumble late in the game to beat KC, and an NFL record 66 yard FG that bounced off the cross bar and through to beat the Lions.

The Broncos offense have scored 27, 23, and 26, and the Ravens offense scored 27, 36, and 19. The Broncos defense has given up 13, 13, and 0, while the Ravens defense has given up 33, 35, and 17

Hopefully we can get some of the possible Mike Boone, Graham Glasgow, Dalton Risner, K.J. Hamler, and Michael Ojemudia back. The most important are Boone, Glasgow, and Risner in my opinion.

Going into the first 3 games the Broncos were as good or better pretty much across the board. I am not sure that is the case when the Ravens come to town. If the Broncos are going to win Miller and Reed will need to have big games as they will have to set the edge to contain Jackson. The Dline will have to stay in their rush lanes also. I imagine that there will be a spy deployed at times for Jackson. We will also need to have a good plan in covering Andrews as he is a dangerous playmaker.

The Broncos are a 1 point favorite as of right now, which means the Ravens are thought of as a little better team, as homefiled is usually worth 3 points.

This is going to be the first test to see where this team is compared to some of the better teams. The next 5 games are not going to be easy:
  • Vs Ravens
  • At Steelers
  • Vs Raiders
  • At Browns (Thursday Night)
  • Vs Washington Football Team
There will be times in this streatch that the Broncos will be tested and need to respond to adversity, that might start as early as next Sunday. By the end of Week 8 we should start getting some of our currently injuried players back, and have a better idea of how good this team is.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Healthy team I think 4-2 in next 6 was very possible but, banged up IDK 1-5 to 3-3 is what expect honestly

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two keys to Broncos winning this game.

1. Contain Lamar's running. Make him win from pocket - nobody has done it well this year.
2. Pick up the blitz. Wink loves to blitz and this will be key.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Den-24
Balt 21

O-399

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of all the injuries we have had the one player we will likely muss the most is Bradley Chubb. He can set the edge which will be key to containing Jackson.

We are going to have to have a to have a plan to beat the o blitz. If we can beat the 0 blitz it is a huge step toward beating the Ravens.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos 27
Ravens 20

Offense 411

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In three weeks - we have had Jerry Jeudy day - week 1; Courtland Sutton day - Week 2; and Tim Patrick Day - week 3. Time for Noah Fant and Albert O day - the Ravens can't cover the TE - as the Raiders proved this year.

I also expect - a little more passing to Gordon and Williams - as the Raven LBs can't cover them either.

On D - you try to make the Ravens beat you by passing out of the pocket.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In three weeks - we have had Jerry Jeudy day - week 1; Courtland Sutton day - Week 2; and Tim Patrick Day - week 3. Time for Noah Fant and Albert O day - the Ravens can't cover the TE - as the Raiders proved this year.

I also expect - a little more passing to Gordon and Williams - as the Raven LBs can't cover them either.

On D - you try to make the Ravens beat you by passing out of the pocket.
This was my thinking. With Hamler and Jeudy out WR is going to become more of an issue. We need the TEs and RBs to step up in the passing game.

On defense, I think forcing Jackson to be a pocket passer and let our DBs handle things will help limit the ravens. I think the broncos are one of the few teams capable of leaning on the secondary in that regard.

I know the broncos aren't getting a lot of love having beaten teams combined to be 0-9 but the ravens have had a little luck themselves. Took a late fumble against the chiefs and record FG this past weekend to get 2 wins. This might be a way more even game than many naysayers are counting on. I am happy that we get homefield advantage for this one.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last week my pick to click was Javonte Williams. This week I am going with Noah Fant. He is poised for a big day. Ravens pass d struggles especially vs the TE.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last week my pick to click was Javonte Williams. This week I am going with Noah Fant. He is poised for a big day. Ravens pass d struggles especially vs the TE.
I hope Fant gets his talents aired out in this game - I suspect Albert O - will get some targets as well. One of the funny aspects of the Jets game was Fant's befuddlement on how tackle the Jet player who came up with the football on William's fumble inside the 5.

Broncoballs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they were fully healthy, it would be a struggle imo. I do think would win and fully healthy this team is for real.

Well, they aren't. It was the scenario that concerned me the most and now this team has the most significant injuries in the league. Very frustrating.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm expecting more blitz packages from Fangio in this one. With Strnad and Kareem Jackson timing rushes up the middle while Reed and Miller seal the edge. This means the Broncos will do a lot of man to man coverage.

David Moore will get targets deep - as will Noah Fant - while Albert O will get short and medium field targets for potential YAC.

I'm also expecting the Broncos to be major Pumped in honor of the September POTM @PumpFake and to show the league they can play with the so called big boys in the NFL.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm expecting more blitz packages from Fangio in this one. With Strnad and Kareem Jackson timing rushes up the middle while Reed and Miller seal the edge. This means the Broncos will do a lot of man to man coverage.

David Moore will get targets deep - as will Noah Fant - while Albert O will get short and medium field targets for potential YAC.

I'm also expecting the Broncos to be major Pumped in honor of the September POTM @PumpFake and to show the league they can play with the so called big boys in the NFL.
Pump it up. Good analysis, Mingo!

Living near DC I have seen several Broncos-Balto matchups here. Remember the field goal attempt that was return for a touchdown? That’s right, I was there. The Broncos never won any of those games. Even when they were favored to do so. I say today we return the homefield advantage favor and don’t take our foot off the gas.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pump it up. Good analysis, Mingo!

Living near DC I have seen several Broncos-Balto matchups here. Remember the field goal attempt that was return for a touchdown? That’s right, I was there. The Broncos never won any of those games. Even when they were favored to do so. I say today we return the homefield advantage favor and don’t take our foot off the gas.
Perhaps one of my all time favorite regular season Bronco's games was the Monday night opener when Peyton Manning put of 7 passing TDs over the Ravens.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ravens seem to be heating up, I’ve seen quite a few times where the defense stops the pass rush in order to contain Lamar and they get beat for it.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s why we shouldn’t be playing Spencer as a receiver.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
baltimore could put this game away with this and the next possession