• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 3 Waiver Wire Help

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has a better chance of being the long term option. Although, looking at my list, I should have Gaskin higher, if that is my criteria.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about it I have a hard time believing Freeman is A) going to be healthy and B) going to secure the lions share of touches over David. C) Going to be productive in that offense.
I totally agree. Some folks are going to be sad when the stats are in.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has a better chance of being the long term option. Although, looking at my list, I should have Gaskin higher, if that is my criteria.
With that in mind, my list is now Gibson, Kelley, Davis, McKinnon, Gaskin, Freeman, Lewis. I’m debating swapping Gaskin and McKinnon.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Gibson in this? I must have missed him. He would be at the top, probably.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about it I have a hard time believing Freeman is A) going to be healthy and B) going to secure the lions share of touches over David. C) Going to be productive in that offense.
A & C are legitimate concerns. Dion Lewis is a scrub though, and Gallman is even worse

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A & C are legitimate concerns. Dion Lewis is a scrub though, and Gallman is even worse
I think u have to take him is the top priority. Only one with guaranteed semi workhorse potential....yeah it’s a risk....

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think u have to take him is the top priority. Only one with guaranteed semi workhorse potential....yeah it’s a risk....
I think I still like Kelley’s value better. And maybe even Mike Davis.

Freeman looks like he will disappoint. And I don’t think the Giants will be able to develop much of a running game with that O-line. I think the Giants will be playing from behind & passing a lot this year judging by their schedule. I think Lewis will be that passing down guy at first.

But as mentioned, he will get meaningful work eventually. The Giants GM & /or HC recently stated that they think “Freeman is a functional rotation guy at this point in his career”... not exactly a huge stamp of approval. The best you can hope for is that he eventually wins the job. It may take 3-4 weeks for that to develop.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I still like Kelley’s value better. And even Mike Davis.

Freeman looks like he will disappoint. And I don’t think the Giants will be able to develop much of a running game with that O-line. I think the Giants will be playing from behind & passing a lot this year. I think Lewis will be that passing down guy at first.
Weren't you big on Justin Jackson at some point? I'm guessing it's lack of faith in Ekeler?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weren't you big on Justin Jackson at some point? I'm guessing it's lack of faith in Ekeler?
I was... but that is all but extinguished now that Kelley has emerged. Jackson was supposed to be that guy but it was clear that Kelley was the better player. Nothing against Ehkeler

Funny how quickly offseason outlooks can change.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was... but that is all but extinguished now that Kelley has emerged. Jackson was supposed to be that guy but it was clear that Kelley was the better player. Nothing against Ehkeler

Funny how quickly offseason outlooks can change.
But he's the back up....and not the only one, isn't it better to go with someone promoted to starter due to injury? Jackson is still their and Ekeler is the pass catching back and starter and Kelley average was 2.8 which sucks donkey dick.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I ended up with Gibson and Gaskin. McKinnon, Lewis, and Freeman are still sitting in FA.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he's the back up....and not the only one, isn't it better to go with someone promoted to starter due to injury? Jackson is still their and Ekeler is the pass catching back and starter and Kelley average was 2.8 which sucks donkey dick.
Even so, Kelley is still getting the volume. He's been a solid contributor for 2 straight games. I'd like to see a larger sample size to know exactly what they are doing with those backs, but seeing the FF output makes him a pretty safe bet. It's a 2-way RBBC with Ekeler at the moment, and Kelley just keeps proving that he belongs. Jackson was completely phased out last week (declared inactive even). Could have been due to the gameplan but it was a good sign for Kelley.

Yes in theory the better option is someone promoted to starter. But there are a LOT of red flags in regards to Freeman. Injury history, Giants O-line, schedule, not a lot of practice with this team, not going to be the every down guy (coach & GM both called him a rotational piece). It's shaping up to be some sort of RBBC for the near future. It may take a month or more before he gets the bulk of the work.

I simply think that Kelley has the better value right now AND in the future, whereas Freeman looks like he will take some time to develop. Hard to say how this will shake out.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I ended up with Gibson and Gaskin. McKinnon, Lewis, and Freeman are still sitting in FA.
I ended up with Davis. Might flex start him this week.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ended up with Davis. Might flex start him this week.
I’m thinking I screwed up by not taking Davis but he’s a 3-4 week option. With me losing Barkley I decided to roll the dice and hope one of the two I took will continue to trend into their team’s RB1.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m thinking I screwed up by not taking Davis but he’s a 3-4 week option. With me losing Barkley I decided to roll the dice and hope one of the two I took will continue to trend into their team’s RB1.
Yep. Definitely buys me time to find a better replacement. I'm hoping Davis does well with the starting role. Enough so that I can package some sort of trade to get a better long term option. If not, I'll be panning the waiver wire for gold each week.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some bids were sky high. Saw Davis go for $96 ( with 100 being the budget) Freeman $94. Looking at the league where I owned Barkley, I had to settle for Henderson. Mckinnon and Davis were taken ahead of my claim for them. Wish that league had FAAB.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A8FD82DF-40E3-400C-AEA1-6961B75B14EC.jpeg

Anybody dropping any of these guys for Jonnu Smith in PPR. I’m currently rolling with Ertz but Smith is performing well and may have stand alone flex value. Thoughts?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even so, Kelley is still getting the volume. He's been a solid contributor for 2 straight games. I'd like to see a larger sample size to know exactly what they are doing with those backs, but seeing the FF output makes him a pretty safe bet. It's a 2-way RBBC with Ekeler at the moment, and Kelley just keeps proving that he belongs. Jackson was completely phased out last week (declared inactive even). Could have been due to the gameplan but it was a good sign for Kelley.

Yes in theory the better option is someone promoted to starter. But there are a LOT of red flags in regards to Freeman. Injury history, Giants O-line, schedule, not a lot of practice with this team, not going to be the every down guy (coach & GM both called him a rotational piece). It's shaping up to be some sort of RBBC for the near future. It may take a month or more before he gets the bulk of the work.

I simply think that Kelley has the better value right now AND in the future, whereas Freeman looks like he will take some time to develop. Hard to say how this will shake out.

Yeah, I like the young bruiser Kelley over the older, oft-injured Freeman.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I grabbed McKinnon. Someone else grabbed Freeman. Gaskin, Lewis, and Mike Davis sitting as FA in my league. I already owned Gibson.