• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 3 Waiver Wire Help

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darn tough.

Kelly is backing up Ekeler so that limits his appeal.
Lewis has a shot to start, but bad offense.
McKinnion has a good spot and a good offense so I'd consider him, but his position is likely short lived and will be RBBC
Henderson Got some work and Akers is injuried for a bit and Brown is banged up, but IDK about year long outlook another RBBC
Gaskin Don't think so

I'm scared to recommend one above the other TBH.
Isn't McKinnion hurt now?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
23 carries @ 2.8 yards a attempt. Doubt he keeps getting that kind of work load.

Probably not going to average 20 carries/game, but he was facing a lot of stacked boxes. The Chargers really seem to trust him in short yardage situations.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'd put Davis first because I know he's going to get at least a month's worth of work.

McKinnon would be next since he appears to be on the only healthy Niners back but he might not have the role long. Right now they say Mostert has a sprain. It looks like he'll miss next week for sure but if the injury isn't serious, he could be back sooner than you think.

Kelley would be next. He's gonna have a role, but I think its just gonna be Flex worthy. Ekeler is still going to get work there so it caps his value.

Freeman after those guys. I don't think the G-Men's run game is gonna be all that good. They're likely gonna have to throw a lot. I can see this being a RBBC situation with him, Gallman, and Lewis. He'll have value, but not Rb1 Rb2 you're looking for

I'd be wary of Henderson. It sounds like Brown might not miss time and Akers might not either. It's setting up to be a RBBC situation

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going Mike Davis first. McKinnon second.
Based on volume, Mike Davis would be atop my list.
Not sure i trust any SF RB. Correction, not sure i trust the coaching staff to stick with any 1 RB.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Using this thread as a general Week 3 Wire thread since my questions aren't really all that super urgent

Colts D is banged up but they're still worth streaming against the Jets, right?

Thoughts on Dalton Schutlz? He got 4 targets in week 1 and 10 targets in week 2. Do you expect him to see a healthy amount of targets or was that just a product of Dallas needing to play catch up to the Falcons? I've got Hurst and plan on playing him each week but I'm looking to carry a 2nd TE. So I'm looking at Schultz and Goedert. Goedert got more target than Ertz in both games but I look at it like he's still competing with Ertz. It sorta seems like one week Ertz is the guy that puts him points and then the next its Goedert

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One other question:

Season long, which RB do you like better (half ppr)

Gibson (Washington) or Kelley (Chargers)

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One other question:

I’m having the same question and I’m leaning towards Gibson right now.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One other question:

Gibson for me.

Goedert for sure.

Colts D? Who knows.... Darnold looks pretty awful and really has no weapons.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Using this thread as a general Week 3 Wire thread since my questions aren't really all that super urgent

Colts D is banged up but they're still worth streaming against the Jets, right?

Thoughts on Dalton Schutlz? He got 4 targets in week 1 and 10 targets in week 2. Do you expect him to see a healthy amount of targets or was that just a product of Dallas needing to play catch up to the Falcons? I've got Hurst and plan on playing him each week but I'm looking to carry a 2nd TE. So I'm looking at Schultz and Goedert. Goedert got more target than Ertz in both games but I look at it like he's still competing with Ertz. It sorta seems like one week Ertz is the guy that puts him points and then the next its Goedert

I didn't know the Colts D was banged up. Currently, I have them prioritized as my number 1 waiver claim (dropping the Titans). Maybe I'm crazy, but I'm not worried about claiming the RB's who will get work because of injuries. My reasoning is that I already have good options at RB and FLEX. With Mostert injured, I'm starting Kamara and Kareem Hunt at my RB positions. I think I will continue with Boyd as my FLEX, and my bench currently has Lamb, Gallup, Hines, Dobbins, and Gibson. Am I being stupid?

I just feel like I have no one to drop. I already dropped Hockenson because Kittle is no longer eligible for IR. I'm waiting for Mostert to be officially declared out, so that I can move him to IR. When that happens, I can pick up one of these RB's, but it might not happen in time for tonight's waiver wire processing.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One other question:

Gibson for sure. Certainly has the look to him that he'll eventually be "the" guy. Kelley still has Eckeler in front, and ain't alone behind him either.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gibson for sure. Certainly has the look to him that he'll eventually be "the" guy. Kelley still has Eckeler in front, and ain't alone behind him either.

Yeah, it certainly looks like the Washington coaching staff wants to feature Gibson as the guy and they are gradually bringing up his usage. And his competitors aren't impressive. Barber is not talented and is just a plodding RB. And McKissic hasn't done a lot. And has Love even played a snap in the NFL yet?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it certainly looks like the Washington coaching staff wants to feature Gibson as the guy and they are gradually bringing up his usage. And his competitors aren't impressive. Barber is not talented and is just a plodding RB. And McKissic hasn't done a lot. And has Love even played a snap in the NFL yet?
Without checking, I'm pretty sure Love got some PT end of last year? Why hes not active over Barber blows my mind

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Needing a player for the full year I would go with Gaskin as in my readings he is the #1 back there with the most touches by a significant amount

McKinnon may be a good short term fix but then may not be as active once Mostert and Coleman are back

I have to replace McCaffrey until he is back and I already have Gaskin and Mckinnon

Info I have on Gaskin

Through two games, it's clear Gaskin is the best running back for the Dolphins. He's definitely played the most with 88 offensive plays, compared to 30 for Matt Breida and 17 for Jordan Howard. In those two games against the Patriots and Bills, who have great defenses, Gaskin has averaged 11.5 PPR points with 16 carries for 86 yards and 10 catches for 62 yards on 11 targets. Howard has scored two rushing touchdowns, but he doesn't have a catch and is averaging 0.8 yards per carry. And Breida only has one reception for 2 yards. I'm not sure what kind of ceiling Gaskin has, but his involvement in the passing game thus far puts him in play as a flex option in all leagues. He's worth at least 10-15 percent of your FAB.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright so in my main money league (standard points) I just lost Barkley for the season. This week’s waiver pickup needs to be clutch!

How would you rank the following:

Josh Kelley
Dion Lewis
Devonta Freeman
Jerrick McKinnon
Derrell Henderson
Myles Gaskin
Mike Davis

Kelley & Lewis look to be assured volume all year.
I have the luxury of seeing the Freeman signing, but...

Freeman
Davis
Kelley
McKinnon
Gaskin
Henderson (committee, "hot hand approach")
Lewis

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have the luxury of seeing the Freeman signing, but...

Freeman
Davis
Kelley
McKinnon
Gaskin
Henderson (committee, "hot hand approach")
Lewis

The more I think about it I have a hard time believing Freeman is A) going to be healthy and B) going to secure the lions share of touches over David. C) Going to be productive in that offense.