• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 3, Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Los Angeles Rams, SoFi Stadium, Sunday, 09/26/21, 1:30 PM PDT

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McVay>>Vermeil>>Martz
IMO, I'd still list Vermeil over McVay. I still think that McVay lets his ego get the best of him on occasion. If he can win a Super Bowl, I might reconsider switching that to the way you have it. But definitely both are over Martz and the others we've had since him.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s week 3 man. Tampa is going to build on this too and be peaking at the right time

Hold your britches
Oh yeah, long way to go. Rams should get better too

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty impressive game on all three levels. Looks as though Allen has become the player we drafted him to be so I get one plate of crow for that. Stafford with McVay is really playing like he was drafted to do and be in Detroit but didn't... ...you can fill in the rest. The Run D has improved so I get another plate of crow for that. STs played strategically well, so I get another plate of crow for ragging on DeCamillis. Michel was def an excellent pick-up as was Howell and Hocker. All three are going to be studs soon and add to this team.

Kenny Young with the added beef and under Chris Shula is playing at a pro bowl level and as someone has already posted, was a great find by McSnead in the Peters trade. AD's influence and Eric Henderson's tutelage has got the D-line playing like badasses across the board including Floyd, A-Rob, Joseph-Day, and Lawler. Ramsey is just lights-out, the LBs are playing well, and our secondary has really done well in absorbing the personnel loses of this year. Staley's defense remains intact with Morris variations.

It is safe to say at this point, these present constructed Rams are realizing the level of "loadedness" that they really are. Teams are beging to cringe at seeing the Rams on their schedule and we have not witnessed that since the GSOT teams.

The one guy we have not seen to any significant level and probably won't is Atwell. I think now everyone accepts the FACT that we chose this guy way too early and could have done better with that pick. That aside, I do believe they are going to keep him from games this year full time for several reasons: One, a healthy DeSean Jackson is just too good not to play; Two, I think they have quietly put Atwell in developmental mode, choosing when he'll play, in what scenarios, and allowing him to stay healthy to build that flimsy body up to NFL standards of say 180 to 190lbs like Jackson; and Three, Atwell with a major injury would be a complete disaster all-around. So what the Rams are doing with Atwell is probably the best course of action.

Onward we go and we shall see if McVay has learned his lesson to not let his ego and celebrations get in the way and cancel practices like he used to do in the past over a big win because the Cards with their additions are playing at a very high level and they are coming into town this coming Sunday.

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching the tape, all three of the Rams teams played at a very high level of explosion. The O is just running everything at a high level of sharpness and efficiency that ya can't blink. Same on D. Same on STs. Love what the D did to Brady except on that last Buccaneer drive that was a gimme TD. AD is just flat-out a beast!! Man that guy is fun to watch and so are these 2021 Rams.

Last edited:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Cam. But he ain’t Marshall Faulk at least yet. Now the WRs we have that gonna be a show no doubt
Who knows?

I know Cam was a Stud last year and last years team has nothing on this years team. The QB is better, the WR corp is way better now with a deep threat, the OL is the best I've seen in years.

Cam would be balling with this type of protection and balance. I gotta say though, Sony looked pretty damned good and will only get better as the team gets to know one another better.

I really liked his pass pro, dude was a monster!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows?

I know Cam was a Stud last year and last years team has nothing on this years team. The QB is better, the WR corp is way better now with a deep threat, the OL is the best I've seen in years.

Cam would be balling with this type of protection and balance. I gotta say though, Sony looked pretty damned good and will only get better as the team gets to know one another better.

I just hope he can make close to a full recovery. It would suck to lose that upside after one year and one terrible injury.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows?

Dude Marshall had 100 yards rushing and 100 yards receiving in many games. He’s a HOF.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, I'd still list Vermeil over McVay. I still think that McVay lets his ego get the best of him on occasion. If he can win a Super Bowl, I might reconsider switching that to the way you have it. But definitely both are over Martz and the others we've had since him.
I wish I can give this a better rating than bullseye.

So far, McVay has shown to be more Martz 2.0 than Vermeil 2.0

Martz’ ego got the best of him and it came crashing down. I am hoping McVay figured it out and doesn’t follow in Martz’ path, but so far, haven’t seen it.

He refused to adjust his game plan in the SB and still refuses to run any jumbo offense to counter when teams run the 46 defense.

He ignores the run and gets pass happy just like Martz did.

Let’s hope he figures things out like Vermeil did.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty impressive game on all three levels. Looks as though Allen has become the player we drafted him to be so I get one plate of crow for that. Stafford with McVay is really playing like he was drafted to do and be in Detroit but didn't... ...you can fill in the rest. The Run D has improved so I get another plate of crow for that. STs played strategically well, so I get another plate of crow for ragging on DeCamillis. Michel was def an excellent pick-up as was Howell and Hocker. All three are going to be studs soon and add to this team.

Kenny Young with the added beef and under Chris Shula is playing at a pro bowl level and as someone has already posted, was a great find by McSnead in the Peters trade. AD's influence and Eric Henderson's tutelage has got the D-line playing like badasses across the board including Floyd, A-Rob, Joseph-Day, and Lawler. Ramsey is just lights-out, the LBs are playing well, and our secondary has really done well in absorbing the personnel loses of this year. Staley's defense remains intact with Morris variations.

It is safe to say at this point, these present constructed Rams are realizing the level of "loadedness" that they really are. Teams are beging to cringe at seeing the Rams on their schedule and we have not witnessed that since the GSOT teams.

The one guy we have not seen to any significant level and probably won't is Atwell. I think now everyone accepts the FACT that we chose this guy way too early and could have done better with that pick. That aside, I do believe they are going to keep him from games this year full time for several reasons: One, a healthy DeSean Jackson is just too good not to play; Two, I think they have quietly put Atwell in developmental mode, choosing when he'll play, in what scenarios, and allowing him to stay healthy to build that flimsy body up to NFL standards of say 180 to 190lbs like Jackson; and Three, Atwell with a major injury would be a complete disaster all-around. So what the Rams are doing with Atwell is probably the best course of action.

Onward we go and we shall see if McVay has learned his lesson to not let his ego and celebrations get in the way and cancel practices like he used to do in the past over a big win because the Cards with their additions are playing at a very high level and they are coming into town this coming Sunday.
Regardless of what their plan is for Atwell, it was a wasted pick.

If you can’t get your 2nd round pick on the field, then you didn’t need him and should’ve addressed other positions.

And, Allen may be playing well now, but I am still waiting to see if the wheels fall off at some point and he remembers he is Brian Allen and not somebody wearing an Allen jersey.