• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 3 ESPN Power Rankings

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Power Rankings Week 4 - National Football League - ESPN

I love how they never give the 9ers credit for anything, but the Seahwaks move up 8 spots because "Sidney Rice's return provided a needed boost to the Seahawks' offense."

The Rams are way too low for a team that has arguably had the toughest schedule so far this season. There is no way the Seahawks are better than the Rams. Sando is a moron.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
NFL Power Rankings Week 4 - National Football League - ESPN

I love how they never give the 9ers credit for anything, but the Seahwaks move up 8 spots because "Sidney Rice's return provided a needed boost to the Seahawks' offense."

The Rams are way too low for a team that has arguably had the toughest schedule so far this season. There is no way the Seahawks are better than the Rams. Sando is a moron.

Well, you have to factor a few things here:

1. The Rams are 0-3
2. They only scored 36 points
3. They gave up 96 points
4. The collective records of the teams the Rams played against is 5-4 while the collective record of the Teams the Seahawks played is 6-3.

SRPnVA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A win vs. Philly will probably push us to 19 (20). LOL

How are the Bears ranked above any 2-1 team? Their O-line is worse than ours.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The problem I have with Power Rankings in general is it's too much of how a team is doing now mixed in with how good a team likely is.

If it's based on how a team is doing at the moment than there is no way the Bills should be ranked lower than the Lions considering the Bills 3 wins are stronger than the Lions 3 wins. Also how do you rank the Steelers 10th when their wins have come from two terrible opponents with one of them they barely beat and their lose was a complete thrashing.

And if it's based on how good a team is likely to be than does anyone believe the Lions and Bills are the 4th and 6th best teams in the NFL? I mean would really pick the Lions to beat the Ravens?

Though oddly enough most Power Rankings this week have us at 20 this week which is strange for so many power rankings to agree on a spot that low.

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A win vs. Philly will probably push us to 19 (20). LOL

How are the Bears ranked above any 2-1 team? Their O-line is worse than ours.

The Bears have had a very tough schedule so far- Falcons, Saints, and Packers. That being said, I truly believe the 9ers could beat the Bears in neutral stadium right now.

In response to the thread in general- just win, and they will have to respect us.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Bears have had a very tough schedule so far- Falcons, Saints, and Packers. That being said, I truly believe the 9ers could beat the Bears in neutral stadium right now.

In response to the thread in general- just win, and they will have to respect us.

yep, if we want respect, then all we have to do is win. these rankings are nice to know but shouldn't be taken seriously. IMO we're ranked about where we should be?

personally, i'd rather continual being ranked lower even if we win, then others will underestimate us.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sando used to cover the Seahawks and always talks them up and he always says negative things about the niners.

SRPnVA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah you're right about the Bears. I just don't get the vibe from their team that everyone is on the same page.

How about the Falcons? They seem like they have regressed since last season. If Vick played a whole game they would be 0-3.