• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 3: Denver Broncos at Green Bay Packers

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real issue is Elway thinks you can rebuild and win at the same time.
That’s a fallacy he’s been living out the last 3 years.

Baltimore can do it because they draft better than Denver and will commit to the talent of the QB and design a team around his unique talents

Too late now but Elway set the team back with Lynch , Bolles and his infatuation with Joesph. He chose wrong on all three when Kyle was in the building , dak was in the building and Ramschyck was in the building

I don’t even want to talk about Fant who right now looks like a puss and has brought his lackadaisical attitude into the NFL.

Every weak spot on this team has been influenced by Elway mistakes

For $5MM needs to make better decisions.

Shanahan was fired for his 8-8 teams only once was under .500

We’re looking at a 3rd straight 10 loss season. Company includes Det, oak, jets,

Only Oak has done worst after winning the super bowl and Denver is looking like Oak at the moment

Just layin truth bombs on ya

Care to refute I welcome to discussion

You list mistakes ..............................Damn . I guess you are perfect.

Bolles is starting at LT sooooooooo I think you might be full of .

I love how people that see negative can always pull out the Negative that works for the argument

You bomb is a dud

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also CEH I bet you were some of the People talking about our QB this year ...................lol

You don't fire a GM that has had two really good drafts as of late by the way.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real issue is Elway thinks you can rebuild and win at the same time.
That’s a fallacy he’s been living out the last 3 years.

Baltimore can do it because they draft better than Denver and will commit to the talent of the QB and design a team around his unique talents

Too late now but Elway set the team back with Lynch , Bolles and his infatuation with Joesph. He chose wrong on all three when Kyle was in the building , dak was in the building and Ramschyck was in the building

I don’t even want to talk about Fant who right now looks like a puss and has brought his lackadaisical attitude into the NFL.

Every weak spot on this team has been influenced by Elway mistakes

For $5MM needs to make better decisions.

Shanahan was fired for his 8-8 teams only once was under .500

We’re looking at a 3rd straight 10 loss season. Company includes Det, oak, jets,

Only Oak has done worst after winning the super bowl and Denver is looking like Oak at the moment

Just layin truth bombs on ya

Care to refute I welcome to discussion

If you’re going to call them truth bombs at least make them true.

Kyle shanahan hasn’t done jack Schitt with the Niners. They look better NOW, after THREE years. I would have preferred him too but let’s stop pretending he was the obvious choice over VJ at the time. He wasn’t a sure thing, and so far hasn’t had any success as a HC.

Trading up for Lynch is a huge whiff in hindsight. I guess that makes the Broncos the first team to miss on a first round QB, right? And Dak? Let’s be honest, as good as he looks we have no idea how he’d have fared here in Denver. He wasn’t a sure thing, same as any draft pick. That’s the thing about the draft: it’s hard to figure out. Elway seems to have figured it out with the last two drafts. His success as a GM early was tied to the FA market. If it has taken him this long to figure out how to build through the draft I can forgive it, given the 5 AFC West titles, 2 conference championships, and 1 Super Bowl title he delivered in the meantime.

Shanahan had 2 sub .500 seasons: 1999 the Broncos were 6-10 and 2007 they were 7-9. This is basic Broncos history. And he wasn’t fired for his 8-8 teams he was fired for wanting to keep certain staff members who were under performing.

Comparing this to Oakland post-SB is a croc. The Raiders got smoked, the Broncos were coming off a win. The Broncos returned a 9-7 team the following year the Raiders embarked on a league record 7 straight 11 loss seasons and 13 straight non-winning seasons. The Broncos are a LONG way from that kind of futility.

Again, if you’re going to call them truth bombs at least make them truthful.

I still love you. We all want this team to be better, we just disagree on how they’re going to go about pulling it off.

Elway has had 8 seasons with the team now. This is his 9th. If you wonder why I’m so willing to give him the benefit Of the doubt compare his 8 seasons to the 8 seasons before he returned.

Go Broncos!

:suds:

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you’re going to call them truth bombs at least make them true.

Kyle shanahan hasn’t done jack Schitt with the Niners. They look better NOW, after THREE years. I would have preferred him too but let’s stop pretending he was the obvious choice over VJ at the time. He wasn’t a sure thing, and so far hasn’t had any success as a HC.

Trading up for Lynch is a huge whiff in hindsight. I guess that makes the Broncos the first team to miss on a first round QB, right? And Dak? Let’s be honest, as good as he looks we have no idea how he’d have fared here in Denver. He wasn’t a sure thing, same as any draft pick. That’s the thing about the draft: it’s hard to figure out. Elway seems to have figured it out with the last two drafts. His success as a GM early was tied to the FA market. If it has taken him this long to figure out how to build through the draft I can forgive it, given the 5 AFC West titles, 2 conference championships, and 1 Super Bowl title he delivered in the meantime.

Shanahan had 2 sub .500 seasons: 1999 the Broncos were 6-10 and 2007 they were 7-9. This is basic Broncos history. And he wasn’t fired for his 8-8 teams he was fired for wanting to keep certain staff members who were under performing.

Comparing this to Oakland post-SB is a croc. The Raiders got smoked, the Broncos were coming off a win. The Broncos returned a 9-7 team the following year the Raiders embarked on a league record 7 straight 11 loss seasons and 13 straight non-winning seasons. The Broncos are a LONG way from that kind of futility.

Again, if you’re going to call them truth bombs at least make them truthful.

I still love you. We all want this team to be better, we just disagree on how they’re going to go about pulling it off.

Elway has had 8 seasons with the team now. This is his 9th. If you wonder why I’m so willing to give him the benefit Of the doubt compare his 8 seasons to the 8 seasons before he returned.

Go Broncos!

:suds:

Sorry
I couldn't find another team but Oak
Is that a good thing or bad thing?

Elway hires a Kyle Shanahan protege

Extending Joe does that say rebuild or try to win now? I don’t know.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also CEH I bet you were some of the People talking about our QB this year ...................lol

You don't fire a GM that has had two really good drafts as of late by the way.

There is no one to fire him anyways so don’t worry he would have to quit

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry
I couldn't find another team but Oak
Is that a good thing or bad thing?

Elway hires a Kyle Shanahan protege

Extending Joe does that say rebuild or try to win now? I don’t know.

So despite your comparison between a super bowl winner transitioning away from an all time great QB and a SB also-ran that got smoked being not a valid given the circumstances you’re sticking with it? Despite it being just 3 seasons since the Broncos last were in it and they’ve fared FAR BETTER than the Raiders their first 3 seasons following their SB appearance. And it’s way too early to compare the Broncos post SB to the Raiders generational level futility. If you can’t see that I seriously don’t have much else to say to you.

I see you like the Chargers too. Maybe you’d be happier rooting for them as your primary team.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being upfront, I’ve never been a fan of JE as GM. That doesn’t disrespect what he did as a player in any way.

My view, and from what I’ve read, heard and been told - we somewhat lucked into getting Manning. Peyton wanted to go to the Texans but they weren’t interested at that time. Again, just my opinion, the desire of top FAs to come here was because we got PM. If that isn’t true, why haven’t we attracted any since he left? On the other side, you have to give Elway credit for signing them.

And Crash, #1 the ONLY reason Bolles is starting is we have no other options. He is arguably the worst LT in the league, so that’s no great credit for the Broncos selecting him ahead of other LTs that are doing better. (As an aside - I want smart OL. DL can be dumb as rocks, but OL have to be able to grasp and respond quickly to so many concepts.)

And it’s too early to deem our last two draft classes as really good. They may end up that way, and let’s hope so, but that will be possible to judge a couple years from now.

I don’t expect perfection when it comes to FA signings and draft picks, but not hitting on 1st/2nd rounders for so many years has created major weaknesses. It’s been great we have hit on later draft selections and even UFAs, but those aren’t typically going to be players that carry the team like the top two round quality of players do.

Yes, being GM is a hard job. But at this point I have yet to be convinced Elway is the one who can get us to the promised land. May I be wrong.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many games does any team win losing the turnover battle 3-0?

I’m like Spirit, I think there are some good things happening - but those won’t pay dividends this year. It’s definitely a transition year. And although he isn’t currently healthy, I hope we get to see some of Lock at some point this year. Because Flacco ain’t gonna be the QB of the Winners.

I can’t imagine many teams win games losing a turnover battle 3-0 but sorry I don’t know the answer.;)

Been a transition year for three years now and yet the same team is the concern I have. If it is a transition year three years in a row and no progress then that isn’t good at all. Hopefully things get better fast.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know Sanders and Harris can’t wait to get out after this year at this point.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can’t imagine many teams win games losing a turnover battle 3-0 but sorry I don’t know the answer.;)

Been a transition year for three years now and yet the same team is the concern I have. If it is a transition year three years in a row and no progress then that isn’t good at all. Hopefully things get better fast.

I do think things are better. There are signs of improvement that I don’t think we can say we saw last year. Risner is playing exceptionally well as a rookie. Running game today looks like it’s starting to take hold. Third down conversions were good. (Goes hand in hand with running game) I also don’t think Vic has lost the locker room which happened before.

BUT, it’s still the NFL. Or the QBL. And we don’t have that guy there yet.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being upfront, I’ve never been a fan of JE as GM. That doesn’t disrespect what he did as a player in any way.

My view, and from what I’ve read, heard and been told - we somewhat lucked into getting Manning. Peyton wanted to go to the Texans but they weren’t interested at that time. Again, just my opinion, the desire of top FAs to come here was because we got PM. If that isn’t true, why haven’t we attracted any since he left? On the other side, you have to give Elway credit for signing them.

And Crash, #1 the ONLY reason Bolles is starting is we have no other options. He is arguably the worst LT in the league, so that’s no great credit for the Broncos selecting him ahead of other LTs that are doing better. (As an aside - I want smart OL. DL can be dumb as rocks, but OL have to be able to grasp and respond quickly to so many concepts.)

And it’s too early to deem our last two draft classes as really good. They may end up that way, and let’s hope so, but that will be possible to judge a couple years from now.

I don’t expect perfection when it comes to FA signings and draft picks, but not hitting on 1st/2nd rounders for so many years has created major weaknesses. It’s been great we have hit on later draft selections and even UFAs, but those aren’t typically going to be players that carry the team like the top two round quality of players do.

Yes, being GM is a hard job. But at this point I have yet to be convinced Elway is the one who can get us to the promised land. May I be wrong.
hwl.jpg

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That’s all I’m saying same team what is the one constant those 3 years?

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no one to fire him anyways so don’t worry he would have to quit

I have seen some were he stated that he was not planning to be here this long.

Without Elway and Kubiak this team would have been in 1 SB let that soak in next time you get pissed at Elway. He is a winner in my book.

Conference championships (8), 1986, 1987, 1989, 1997, 1998, 2013, 2015
Super Bowl championships (3)

1997 (XXXII), 1998 (XXXIII), 2015 (50)

We should of been in SB 1995 and 2012.

We are spoiled as fans Elway is the Man!!!!!!!!

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SS Bolles is what he is. A raw player he now has the OL coach that he needed, if at the end of the year he sucks like now then I will talk to the hang him in the highest tree crowd.

He was not the worst LT the last 4 games last year. He was quite decent in those games.

As for him dum not so sure on that statement he was really good today pick up blitzes. I think Dalton Risner playing next to Bolles might just save his Carrier

Risner Kept Bolles right calling out blocks for him.

Last edited:

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think things are better. There are signs of improvement that I don’t think we can say we saw last year. Risner is playing exceptionally well as a rookie. Running game today looks like it’s starting to take hold. Third down conversions were good. (Goes hand in hand with running game) I also don’t think Vic has lost the locker room which happened before.

BUT, it’s still the NFL. Or the QBL. And we don’t have that guy there yet.

Sorry- I am being honest. I don’t see much progress through the first three games. OL still struggles, still dealing with stop gap QB’s, still kicking field goals, still making costly mental mistakes. I just don’t see much improvement to say we are headed in the right direction right now. Maybe soon but not right now.

Emmanuel Sanders said it best after the game.

“The Broncos are living in a world of suck right now”

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Spot on George great post.

Do you think IF JE stepped down do you think coaches would go too when new guy stepped in. Not suggesting anything just asking.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry- I am being honest. I don’t see much progress through the first three games. OL still struggles, still dealing with stop gap QB’s, still kicking field goals, still making costly mental mistakes. I just don’t see much improvement to say we are headed in the right direction right now. Maybe soon but not right now.

Emmanuel Sanders said it best after the game.

“The Broncos are living in a world of suck right now”

What you listed was 0 of as to why we lost. 3 fumbles and a strange INT. and a zebra with eye Issues .

Run blocking was reasonably improved . Our D did okay with what they were dealing with.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spot on George great post.

Do you think IF JE stepped down do you think coaches would go too when new guy stepped in. Not suggesting anything just asking.
First of all, I seriously doubt JE steps down unless he has some physical setback and we know there isnt anyone in place running the organization that will make that decision for him.

But in this make believe world that he is replaced, to answer your question I would start by saying what this organization needs now is stability. I’ve lost track of how many coaches we have had recently, but it’s been a turnstile. And every time you have a new staff they are going to want “their” guys to fit “their” system. Currently Denver is not a destination of choice for coaches in the NFL.

So I think a good manager would recognize that, and after a thorough investigation of this staff, would give them at least a couple years to build on what they have started. I know that may go against the flow of how NFL teams operate, but with the dysfunction at the ownership level and the current reputation as a place to be hired to be fired, that’s the direction I would want to see.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you listed was 0 of as to why we lost. 3 fumbles and a strange INT. and a zebra with eye Issues .

Run blocking was reasonably improved . Our D did okay with what they were dealing with.

Costly mental mistakes and OL struggles had a lot of reason as to why we lost. A strange INT? It isn’t like the ball hit a popcorn vendor in row 35 and bounced back into Darnell Savage’s hands. Flacco literally threw it right to him as Savage was checking out the babe in row 3 covering nobody. Fant fumbles one away in their own territory. OL struggles lead to a fumble in their own territory. Pretty obvious those two things led to a loss as they turned into opponents. Turnovers would classify as mental mistakes. OL struggles caused turnover. We lost because of the same reasons we lost the last three years. I don’t see much improvement in three years and that is a problem for me.

No more of these effort trophy’s . We are rebuilding is no longer an excuse. You can’t use that one for three years.

Some of us sound like grade school parents. Oh little Johnny is trying so hard and we are seeing improvements. No, this is the NFL. This has been going on for three years now. Same team!

We are living in a world of Denver Bronco suck right now like Sanders said