• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 22, 2019 SUPERBOWL LIII, Los Angeles Rams vs New England Patriots, Sunday, 02/02/19, 3:30pm, PT

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think McVay should have stayed with Gurley, he was too quick to pull him out for CJ. I wish he would have kept pounding the ball with Gurley until he broke one.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excuse me?? When did SportsHoopla become a private whine and cry message board??

You friends and neighbors shit all over the Patriots and Pats fans for the past two weeks and now you want us to go away?? If the score had been reversed, you guys would be all over us like stink on shit. Buck up cupcake.
The Pats are at the end my friend, the Rams are just getting started. McVay has them in the SB in his second year with the team, your old man coach has one foot into retirement and a QB that struggled all night long. So you sound kind of silly. 13-3? Brady had a bad game the Pats were lucky to pull this one out I would think you would be a bit more humble.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think McVay should have stayed with Gurley, he was too quick to pull him out for CJ. I wish he would have kept pounding the ball with Gurley until he broke one.

Yeah that was our success the last few games but New England did stack the box and made Goff beat them. After we stopped running the ball, they blitzed and took Cooks out of the game. BB was just one step ahead of McVay like Romo said. McVay and our young team will absorb this and be back. Question is tho is Goff good enough to get it done ? That’s been my question all along

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that was our success the last few games but New England did stack the box and made Goff beat them. After we stopped running the ball, they blitzed and took Cooks out of the game. BB was just one step ahead of McVay like Romo said. McVay and our young team will absorb this and be back. Question is tho is Goff good enough to get it done ? That’s been my question all along
Yeah Goff is good enough. 13-3 and 2 playoff wins one on the road but the o-line was beaten. Goff had seconds to make up his mind. A QB can't do well when the o-line can't give him time and the running game is not working.
The receivers had no time to get open. I bet the game would have been very different if Kupp were in the game. He gets open fast.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it looks like Anderson can still play.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, McVay did not prepare well for Belicheat. Belicheat successfully dismantled the NFL's top two scoring offenses in successive games and McVay apparently did not even look at the K.C. game film. One thing about Belicheat. He may be a complete jackass with the media and other aspects of being a HC but he knows how to prepare a team for the opponents weaknesses and strengths and he knows how to dissect and nullify an offense with his defense. So it is obvious that Phillips knew what to do because our D played at Superbowl level. Brady even stated that much. McVay on the otherhand, effed-up because he took Belicheat too lightly. I know he won't that mistake again.

Last edited:

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it looks like Anderson can still play.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking shit here at tHoop. Imagine that. You all won. But don’t come in here acting like the Rams D didn’t pressure and not hit Brady. The dude had zero TDs. Our D showed up. Offense did not.
The Rams are a good team and played well on defense. They arejust not very well coached on offense. When things don't go as planned, McVay does not know how to adjust. With all their weapons they would have put on a better show but the Patriots are just better prepared and don't make mistakes.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a close game, if the two teams played next week the Rams could be the winner. Next season will be long in coming but it will get here and the Rams will be ready.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else wondering when we will hear the real story about Gurley??? There is no way he's 100% like they claimed and definitely has some sort of injury.... Are we all the sudden going to find out he's having surgery?(seems quite likely)....

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From what I understand, the Pats were running zone D quite often, something they only did occasionally in past games... They also disguised their zones pre-snap to confuse Goff, it worked... Have to hand it to the Pats, they played very well on D....

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
alking shit here at tHoop. Imagine that. You all won. But don’t come in here acting like the Rams D didn’t pressure and not hit Brady. The dude had zero TDs. Our D showed up. Offense did not.

SJ, You spent the entire week saying that Brady would be spending the entire game on his back. The Rams got 1 sack on Brady. They hit him a few times but nowhere near as often as Goff got hit. You said that the Rams would trash the Patriots. None of it happened and now you're bitchin' because you were wrong and the Rams were not anywhere near the defensive powerhouse you thought they were.

The entire week I said to you specifically, that Brady does not throw downfield and has a 1.8 second release and that the defense would not get to him as often as you said they would. I also said that he would dink and dunl, which he did.

In the end, both defenses played incredible games. The Patriots were able to find one wrinkle that allowed them the 5 play drive that gave them the TD. Otherwise it would have been 6-3. No matter how negative spin anyone wants to put on the game, the Patriots still won regardless.

This one is over, let it go. The Eagle fans are coming for you.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else wondering when we will hear the real story about Gurley??? There is no way he's 100% like they claimed and definitely has some sort of injury.... Are we all the sudden going to find out he's having surgery?(seems quite likely)....
Gurley had two carries that appeared to be his type of play but he didn't seem to be the same guy he was last year or early in this season. In my opinion he looked like he was trying not to hurt that knee anymore than it was already hurting. I could be 100% wrong, but I think you're on to something. Hopefully it's not going to be a Malcolm Mitchell knee (5 procedures finally a major 5th surgery.) that might end his career.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SJ, You spent the entire week saying that Brady would be spending the entire game on his back. The Rams got 1 sack on Brady. They hit him a few times but nowhere near as often as Goff got hit. You said that the Rams would trash the Patriots. None of it happened and now you're bitchin' because you were wrong and the Rams were not anywhere near the defensive powerhouse you thought they were.

The entire week I said to you specifically, that Brady does not throw downfield and has a 1.8 second release and that the defense would not get to him as often as you said they would. I also said that he would dink and dunl, which he did.

In the end, both defenses played incredible games. The Patriots were able to find one wrinkle that allowed them the 5 play drive that gave them the TD. Otherwise it would have been 6-3. No matter how negative spin anyone wants to put on the game, the Patriots still won regardless.

This one is over, let it go. The Eagle fans are coming for you.

:ipw:

Nice novel idiot. No one is bitching. You are on the Rams board acting like Brady didn’t get touched. Yet he didn’t even have a TD the entire game. I’d say we did a damn good job on him.

And You couldn’t be more wrong. I spent the entire last week talking about Brady going to the hospital. Talking shit is fun at tHoop but try to not to take it too seriously bud.

Yes Brady is really good. No one here thinks otherwise.

Good Lord

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you’d think a Pats would be able to act like they've won a Super Bowl before.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall, It was one hell of a game to see in person... Even though we lost, I still did get to witness NFL history, though not quite the history I had in mind :lol:....
I will also say, this was basically a Patriots home game. We were outnumbered at least 4-1, if not more... Everytime the Rams had the ball, the Pat's fans were on their feet screaming, which def doesn't help us...

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what he's been doing every offseason and it's also why he's been getting better.... Our o-line was crap today, we couldn't run consistently, we had penalties putting us in 3rd and long(both teams were crap on 3rd down today)... That interception at the end was definitely on Goff, not sure why he didn't throw it out of bounds and let us kick a FG putting us back in it... We also had dropped passes, some bad playcalling on O at times...
I won't dispute that he has progressed a lot from when we drafted him during the Fisher era until now. But now he's got to take that next step. There's a lot of times just looking at his body language that he looks scared, confused and not confident in his abilities. If the people in the huddle pick up on that, it's never going to lead to anything good. I'm in no way putting all of this on Goff because a lot of the play calling was also not up to par and I respect McVay even more for admitting that. Just hoping that we can retool where necessary in the offseason and that the guys that'll be in the locker room in the 2019-2020 season will be humbled and learn/mature from this and be even better next year.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't dispute that he has progressed a lot from when we drafted him during the Fisher era until now. But now he's got to take that next step. There's a lot of times just looking at his body language that he looks scared, confused and not confident in his abilities. If the people in the huddle pick up on that, it's never going to lead to anything good. I'm in no way putting all of this on Goff because a lot of the play calling was also not up to par and I respect McVay even more for admitting that. Just hoping that we can retool where necessary in the offseason and that the guys that'll be in the locker room in the 2019-2020 season will be humbled and learn/mature from this and be even better next year.

But imagine having no idea what you are looking at as you drop back and look for a receiver... Belichick knew what he was doing(as usual)...

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But imagine having no idea what you are looking at as you drop back and look for a receiver... Belichick knew what he was doing(as usual)...
It reminded me a lot of the Chicago game where the defense played fine but the offense just had no answers for anything they did the whole night.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It reminded me a lot of the Chicago game where the defense played fine but the offense just had no answers for anything they did the whole night.

The scariest thing for me is that people are claiming Gurley was healthy. So why didn't he produce? It's all so confusing... I kinda hope that he was injured because if not, we have a SERIOUS problem!!!