• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 2 updates

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow - we thought we got screwed on some roughing calls today. Wait to you see the one called on the Broncos. Probably cost them the game.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would trade a 1st for fitz. We would be getting a talented player under contract for the next 3 seasons. Yeah it's a gamble,but that 1st round pick likely will be at the bottom of the 1st round. I am just saying that I would give up a pick at the bottom of the 1st round if it sends heath to backup duty. This defense could be elite,but not with heath starting

I keep rooting and rooting for him as I keep thinking he can turn some kind of corner. He has the speed and willingness to lay the wood but just 9 tackles in 2 games, it is getting hard cheer.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you. Watching drafts orchestrated by jerry pisst me off. I was furious on draft day until mcclay showed up. All of the trade downs jerry did trying to look smart or whatever really made my blood boil. Very few of those small school projects worked out. Yeah he found something in LA,but I give him only slight credit with DWare as he was a projected high pick entering the draft because he was a freak. The other small school guys ended up as stiffs. Jerry passed on too many good players and randy moss was a major one that really killed the team for years.

I am glad you didn't mention Shante, although I think he had a good career as a player in the arena league or something. He was a hell of a minor league DE.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK so he was drafted 11, has he played like an 11 since then?

Taco and a 3, no more than Taco and a 2 though IMO.

Taco lit it up in the pre. Inactive for two games.

I wonder if it was a plan to show him off and use for trade. Keeping him off the field so no injuries.

I was hating on him as he just was not there but seeing him in the pre has made my stance soften.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that is exactly the big difference. A guy you KNOW (if he was healthy) will be a really good player vs a guy you hope will be a really good player. You don't take chances trading first rounders :2cents:

We seemed to have done that with Cooper. Turned out great for us so far but he had a Dez size problem of the dropsies before he came to D.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one of “those” situations where you really would like to know what is happening behind the scenes. The dude actually had a pretty good preseason and it seemed like he would be part of the equation even when Quinn comes back... and all the sudden we get here. Whether via trade or cut... or if they just keep his ass on the inactive list, he has clearly pissed the wrong people off for some reason.

So I was ninja'd.

Maybe he didn't give them a Taco when he sacked that QB in the pre.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense to me is a concern. Not getting enough pressure on the QB and need more turnovers. Cant expect the offense to do this every game. I dont think Gregory gets enough credit for his talent as a pass rusher. Need Donovan Wilson to replace Heath ASAP. Need Quinn at RDE

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense to me is a concern. Not getting enough pressure on the QB and need more turnovers. Cant expect the offense to do this every game. I dont think Gregory gets enough credit for his talent as a pass rusher. Need Donovan Wilson to replace Heath ASAP. Need Quinn at RDE
Personally i'm waiting for Quinn and hope the Cowboys do the trade for Fitzpatrick sending Taco and a pick for him. I could see a second round pick

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers bit. Surprising.

Their secondary is pretty bad though their pick will likely be high, so not sure they couldn't have landed a better player but they didnt throw in a Taco so........

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to me. Heath will be a starting safety for the Cowboys for as long as Jerry Jones is the GM. Till death do we part.

No I was surprised the Steelers did that, considering they are 0-2 and lost their QB for the season.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I was surprised the Steelers did that, considering they are 0-2 and lost their QB for the season.
Yea a bit surprising. They may have lost a top ten pick for next year. I don't get the move.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to me. Heath will be a starting safety for the Cowboys for as long as Jerry Jones is the GM. Till death do we part.
I agree. Heath will be stating until he is done. They don't put high value on the position since Woodson.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well my only hope then is some kind of injury.

I also noticed that Brown has been giving up big plays out of the slot and missing tackles. Sorry, but jourdan Lewis is a better player IMO. Lewis is certainly a better tackler. I understand that Richard likes taller corners,but Lewis is tall enough for the slot and is a good player. I do think brown is a better football player than Heath. To compromise I would be ok with moving Lewis to FS and Woods to SS..

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DBs seem to drop like flies these days. We have had some pretty good luck with the health of ours.