• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 2 updates

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm very interested in watching how Dak goes through his progressions and gets rid of the ball this week. He did a better job of this week 1 than I've ever really seen him do before. But, there was no pass rush. Part of that was great OL play and part was a poor Giants pass rush and part was Dak getting the ball out quickly. I want to see if he keeps this up if Washington is getting more pressure or if pretty much every Dallas receiver isn't open on most plays.

This was where I felt he needed to grow the most and why I was so excited for Kitna. The things I was most hoping Kitna would bring that Moore absolutely did not seem to help with last year were improved mechanics and improvement reading the D including going through progressions, finding the open receiver and pocket awareness. The mechanics are usually only an issue for Dak when he gets a pass rush so we can't judge that yet although it seemed to still be an issue at times in the preseason and practice clips. But, some guys (Rivers) just don't have technically sound footwork and arm angle and still get it done. As long as you have the ball where it is supposed to be when you release it, you may be fine and this could be Dak. But I am hoping to see him leaning into his passes under duress and not bailing out and especially on deep balls. Same for reading the D in that I want to see it while facing pressure. His was incredible at this last week and if he can repeat it against pressure I think the sky is the limit for him and this Offense, but it isn't easy to do when getting knocked around or when the pocket is collapsing. If he can read the D quickly again and find the right guy and find him quickly I am really going to start getting excited and will think that Kitna is the unsung hero of this transformation. I think the speed of the receivers and Moore's twist on the Offense will help guys get open, getting them the ball quickly and while open is equally important.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other thing we saw last week IMO was better ball velocity. Now I don't know how to measure this other than to just go by what I was thinking while watching, but it seemed like Dak was getting more velocity on his throws and that was another expected benefit of Kitna's work from what we were told in TC. So maybe even if the footwork isn't always perfect but he worked on other things like arm angle, follow through and general mechanics we will see the benefits of Kitna working with Dak. I think all of these things can take Dak to the next level. I think he has all of this ability in him and experience and good teaching will help him to get better and better. One week is nothing so we need to see it for a while, but a division game on the road is a good test and I am excited to see how he does. Even some regression is still fine. One amazing game and one decent game are proof of improvement. An amazing game and a good game would really be great.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OL played better week one than they did all last season. .probably the best the OL has looked since 2016. Connor William's beefing up and the return of Frederick make the OL much better. Frederick looked great. There is a huge difference between Frederick and Looney.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10:35 a.m. - Cowboys DB coach Kris Richard, who filled in for coordinator Rod Marinelli in this week's media briefing about the defense, was asked about both Taco Charlton and Trysten Hill, who were inactive in Week 1.

"They’ve come back and competed. We all know how it works. The best guy is going to be up and available for us," Richard said. "We’re in the humbling business. The NFL will humble you. He’s handled it great. He’s come back this week and has been focused and ready to go."

Hill, a second-round pick from UCF, is hoping to make his NFL debut this week in Washington.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love Dak's attitude right now (well honestly always liked his attitude)

3:35 p.m. – Don’t try to sell it as a perfect game to Dak Prescott.

Yes, the stat sheet said the Cowboys’ quarterback had a perfect passer rating in Sunday’s win against the Giants. Predictably, Prescott said he saw plenty to work on that had nothing to do with a passer rating.

“I don’t ever honestly even look at the rating,” he said. “There’s a lot of other things I guess I could say I look at. Timing, was I in the right spot, were my eyes in the right spot, what was the anticipation -- things of that matter that a rating doesn’t justify.”

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10:35 a.m. - Cowboys DB coach Kris Richard, who filled in for coordinator Rod Marinelli in this week's media briefing about the defense, was asked about both Taco Charlton and Trysten Hill, who were inactive in Week 1.

"They’ve come back and competed. We all know how it works. The best guy is going to be up and available for us," Richard said. "We’re in the humbling business. The NFL will humble you. He’s handled it great. He’s come back this week and has been focused and ready to go."

Hill, a second-round pick from UCF, is hoping to make his NFL debut this week in Washington.
the Trystan Hill I saw in preseason games should not see the field anytime soon unless major, major injuries. He was one of the worst preseason DL I've ever seen. But, he is young and inexperienced and by the end of the year or next year or the year after he may be fantastic. He also showed a good motor which I did like.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Trystan Hill I saw in preseason games should not see the field anytime soon unless major, major injuries. He was one of the worst preseason DL I've ever seen. But, he is young and inexperienced and by the end of the year or next year or the year after he may be fantastic. He also showed a good motor which I did like.
yeah I like that everyone is staying grounded. The best 53 suit up. Until then put on your ball cap (no matter where you were drafted) :thumb:

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe hill can still be coached up. I wanted a safety over Hill but that's just me. I do think they found a steal in Donovan Wilson. He just needs to get healthy and then needs the opportunity. On another note I hope Josh Norman gets chop blocked at the LOS on Sunday. He is such a dbag

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe hill can still be coached up. I wanted a safety over Hill but that's just me. I do think they found a steal in Donovan Wilson. He just needs to get healthy and then needs the opportunity. On another note I hope Josh Norman gets chop blocked at the LOS on Sunday. He is such a dbag
Norman did us a favor when he opened his pie o

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other thing we saw last week IMO was better ball velocity. Now I don't know how to measure this other than to just go by what I was thinking while watching, but it seemed like Dak was getting more velocity on his throws and that was another expected benefit of Kitna's work from what we were told in TC. So maybe even if the footwork isn't always perfect but he worked on other things like arm angle, follow through and general mechanics we will see the benefits of Kitna working with Dak. I think all of these things can take Dak to the next level. I think he has all of this ability in him and experience and good teaching will help him to get better and better. One week is nothing so we need to see it for a while, but a division game on the road is a good test and I am excited to see how he does. Even some regression is still fine. One amazing game and one decent game are proof of improvement. An amazing game and a good game would really be great.
He doesn't even look like the same guy. The ball is coming out. The ball is on time. I didn't think Dak was worth $30 million. I was wrong. He's worth $33-35

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys have talked to Dolphins about Minkah Fitzpatrick. Personally, I'd offer a 1st and a Taco. The Cowboys 1st rounder will be 28 or later, Fitz was #11 overall and the Cowboys liked him. Fitz is in his 2nd year, only cost $4 million, and would start at FS. Adding him and a healthy Wilson to the back end on the D would be amazing...

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys have talked to Dolphins about Minkah Fitzpatrick. Personally, I'd offer a 1st and a Taco. The Cowboys 1st rounder will be 28 or later, Fitz was #11 overall and the Cowboys liked him. Fitz is in his 2nd year, only cost $4 million, and would start at FS. Adding him and a healthy Wilson to the back end on the D would be amazing...
no way I offer a 1st. especially & a player.

We do too well with our 1st round picks.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no way I offer a 1st. especially & a player.

We do too well with our 1st round picks.
I have no problem with not giving the 1st, but it wouldn't scare me. The pick will be a late first and Fitz is one Hell of a player. The Cowboys were laughed at nationally for giving up a 1st for Amari but that turned out to be a steal, and Coop makes $9 million a year more than Fitz

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with not giving the 1st, but it wouldn't scare me. The pick will be a late first and Fitz is one Hell of a player. The Cowboys were laughed at nationally for giving up a 1st for Amari but that turned out to be a steal, and Coop makes $9 million a year more than Fitz

I read that they may offer a 2nd and Taco. I am fine with a 1 or 2 and Taco or Hill. Would love to have a start safety, been a long time.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did I miss those last few weeks of preseason. I thought Taco was playing really well. Just a numbers game ?? As far as Minkah - baller. But for some reason it seems we don’t value that position that much to give up a first rounder, even though it is probably going to be about the 30 or so pick.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don’t know man. I thought Aikman explained something similar when talking about Winston last night. No, I’m not comparing the two, but Aikman said when Winston sees it he can really let it rip. I thought Dak was letting it rip all day because he was so focused on the game plan. I saw him make throws that he wouldn’t have made last yr or at any other times. They were buzzing LBs and safeties all day underneath. They came close a couple of times but Dak trusted his guy to be in the spot. He was just awesome. Actually thought Cooper dropped 1, maybe 2. Can’t wait to see him play this week.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that they may offer a 2nd and Taco. I am fine with a 1 or 2 and Taco or Hill. Would love to have a start safety, been a long time.
Fitz would be a fantastic fit for this club at safety or at slot corner. This kid can play

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fitz would be a fantastic fit for this club at safety or at slot corner. This kid can play

Apples and oranges. Cooper had proven to be a star on the field for a few years. Fitzpatrick doesn't even start. Plus we don't need a nickel corner we go 4 deep at CB. So while for some teams that may be part of what they want out of Fitzpatrick, for us it is safety only. If you give up a first for a guy he needs to be a star. I don't see the Cowboys even considering a 1st here