• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 2: Seattle Seahawks @ New England Patriots

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks of course coming off a week 1 win at home in Coach Mac's debut; Pats also got a win last week by upsetting the Bengals in Cincy. Betting line opened at Hawks -4 but has edged a touch to NE by 1/2 to 1 point. Yesterday's injury report has K9 at doubtful, so that all but rules him out. 80% of ESPN Pigskin Pick'em entries are taking the Hawks. Getting out to a 2-0 start would be huge. Looking forward to seeing if the D can duplicate what we saw vs Denver, and fingers crossed the the O has a better start to the game. Go Hawks!!

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
K9 can't stay healthy. Guess we will see some McIntosh tomorrow

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expecting a low scoring game. Seahawks OL problems is going to make it a challenge to move the ball against a decent Pats D, but Seahawks D should contain Patriots inept offense. Be deflating losing to a team predicted to be in the basement so really hoping for win here.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expecting a low scoring game. Seahawks OL problems is going to make it a challenge to move the ball against a decent Pats D, but Seahawks D should contain Patriots inept offense. Be deflating losing to a team predicted to be in the basement so really hoping for win here.
I also have confidence in the D for this game, but Dodson & Baker are both listed as questionable. I suspect we'll see both of them out there tomorrow, but that also likely means they are less than 100%. Last week our offense handed Denver 10 points, but it could have easily been 18 if the D hadn't been so stellar in those 2 very tough spots after turnovers. If the O does that to them again tomorrow, it could be a long day and quiet plane ride home.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walker out leaves me more than concerned if they have enough to sustain the run game they will need to win this. He has the ability to make runs even with bad blocking and I'm not sure anyone else can compensate.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walker out leaves me more than concerned if they have enough to sustain the run game they will need to win this. He has the ability to make runs even with bad blocking and I'm not sure anyone else can compensate.
I would say Charbonnet is just as good if not better at getting 4 yards when only 1 or 2 was there, but Walker definitely is more explosive with a better ability to get 70 when there was 10 yards blocked. I certainly agree the offense will have their hands full without Walker. It's probably the single worst injury this team could get right now, with maybe Charles Cross a close 2nd. At least on offense.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to be solid up front stopping Stevenson. The Bengals did not tackle well as he had a large chunk of his yards after contact and there were 12, I believe, missed tackles by the Bengals up front. Counting on Williams, Murphy, Hankins, Reed to be stout . We do that and the Pats should not be a threat as Mafe and co. should be in Brissett's lap all day like he was vs. the Donkeys. Pats have very little on offense that scares anyone so they will play tough defense and ground and pound. Hopefully the boys do enough to take them out of that and make them try our secondary. Of course, their gameplan will be the same thing.
On the offensive side, pound the ball and wear the Pats down. Their D is good. Expect to win this with a low scoring slugfest. Maybe as things go on, some stuff opens up in play action but make sure we give Forsyth and the guards some help with chips. Charbonnet a better option at RB for pass pro, imo and maybe line up Barner next to Forsyth to help on White. This doesn't need to be pretty for me. It's really the toughest match-up in our first 3 games, imo. We just need the offense to be efficient and steady, not flashy. I can easily see this being a 19-17 type of game. We need the win and get home relatively healthy.
The Pats are likely not gonna win a lot of games but they aren't going to be pushovers either.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This screams a 12-9 type of game. One TD with a failed XP point conversion and the rest field goals lol.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Walker is probably not going to play. The activated Holani from the practice squad. Also activated Curtis because Fant is questionable and I guess they want someone to throw out there if Forsythe struggles.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a +120 prop bet on DraftKings that neither team scores 3 consecutive times in this game. Expecting a low scoring one, so I jumped all over that. If anyone busts that bet, hopefully it's 3 straight TDs for the Hawks, but I feel like my money is safe.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On paper there's no reason this should be an L for Seattle.

But it's a 10 am road game on the east coast so nothing is gonna shock me.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,938.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You know i almost said the same thing but then i was like " Am i just to critical because of the luck we have had with RB's? " So when i looked it up and saw Walker had played 15 games in both his season i felt better. He does get nicked up but normaly it's just a game or two so im cool with it. Get it out of the way early HAHA! ( Fingers crossed and knock on wood )

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know i almost said the same thing but then i was like " Am i just to critical because of the luck we have had with RB's? " So when i looked it up and saw Walker had played 15 games in both his season i felt better. He does get nicked up but normaly it's just a game or two so im cool with it. Get it out of the way early HAHA! ( Fingers crossed and knock on wood )
I'm not too concerned. We have depth at the position and it's not a leg or knee thing. Best to let him sit for a week or two and get well. Truth is, an early season little setback is way more preferable than having him get hurt going into the play-offs.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,747.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Zach hasn’t shown so far that he can be a number one back in my opinion. I hope Walker can stay healthy more often than not because I’m not confident in Zack and McIntosh.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s been the Seahawks running backs story since Lynch retired … It’s maddening how many RB we draft that can never stay on the field …Thankfully it’s not a major injury but DAMMIT! I just want to see some consistency and health from one of our backs, it’s hard to get momentum going with the running game when you’re constantly playing musical chairs at the RB spot …

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s been the Seahawks running backs story since Lynch retired … It’s maddening how many RB we draft that can never stay on the field …Thankfully it’s not a major injury but DAMMIT! I just want to see some consistency and health from one of our backs, it’s hard to get momentum going with the running game when you’re constantly playing musical chairs at the RB spot …
I think the reality is RBs get injured often. They take a beating every game if they're used as a big part of the offense, and that's just going to lead to injuries. How many workhorse RBs don't miss games during the season? Very, very few.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,747.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the reality is RBs get injured often. They take a beating every game if they're used as a big part of the offense, and that's just going to lead to injuries. How many workhorse RBs don't miss games during the season? Very, very few.
Definitely a reason that their salary value isn’t what it used to be.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice chase down Mafe! If we can keep the Pats passing that's a good thing.