• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: WEEK 18 Final chance to get in

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stidham's patented 3rd quarter magic!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've tried that but I hated it. People rave about it for some reason but I don't know why
Evan Williams was my least favorite bourbon I tried in Kentucky so I think our tastes our very different

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
buffalo trace bourbon $5 bottle Once u get half way u wont notice the taste:suds:

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evan Williams was my least favorite bourbon I tried in Kentucky so I think our tastes our very different
Well I drink a lot of other whiskeys, my absolute favorite is Makers but it's a little pricier

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Four Roses is a cheap, good bourbon

I've been getting handles of Evan Williams black label for around $35 in New York, you might be able to get it for less where you live. It makes a good Manhattan and you can still drink it neat or with a splash

I live in Utah but on Monday I leave for Tucson for about 6 weeks. I don't buy booze here as it's state controlled and expensive (mormon thing). Last year I started off buy buying 4 different Jim Beams, rye, double oak, extra black and something else. Black was the best of those. Then about 2 weeks in Costco had Jack Daniels single barrel for $32, bought one and tried it, went back and bought 6 of them to bring home. I don't think I'll find it for that again and since I don't know much about whiskey or bourbon I find it worth my time to ask other opinions.

I looked at Four Roses last year and passed because of the Jack single barrel deal, so I'll probably give it a try this year. I checked out some of the bourbon reviews on youtube and Evan Williams is usually one of the picks. So I'll give that a whirl also. Another most of them mentioned was Wild Turkey 101, so maybe that too.

So you don't think I'm a total drunk, there were 3 others helping me drink the Jim Beams plus a couple other bottles we bought. I like to drink, but I'm not a total lush... In fact the 6 bottles of single barrel lasted me about 6 months, so yes I drink, but ... well ... you know

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I drink a lot of other whiskeys, my absolute favorite is Makers but it's a little pricier
Makers is good for sure. Buffalo Trace as well. I do think both are usually more expensive than the cheapest ones but they're still pretty cheap

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live in Utah but on Monday I leave for Tucson for about 6 weeks. I don't buy booze here as it's state controlled and expensive (mormon thing). Last year I started off buy buying 4 different Jim Beams, rye, double oak, extra black and something else. Black was the best of those. Then about 2 weeks in Costco had Jack Daniels single barrel for $32, bought one and tried it, went back and bought 6 of them to bring home. I don't think I'll find it for that again and since I don't know much about whiskey or bourbon I find it worth my time to ask other opinions.

I looked at Four Roses last year and passed because of the Jack single barrel deal, so I'll probably give it a try this year. I checked out some of the bourbon reviews on youtube and Evan Williams is usually one of the picks. So I'll give that a whirl also. Another most of them mentioned was Wild Turkey 101, so maybe that too.

So you don't think I'm a total drunk, there were 3 others helping me drink the Jim Beams plus a couple other bottles we bought. I like to drink, but I'm not a total lush... In fact the 6 bottles of single barrel lasted me about 6 months, so yes I drink, but ... well ... you know
Iss cool Brah, we don't judge

I go through binges where I will drink a lot of Gin or whiskey, then I might not drink anything for several months

The holidays are definitely a binge period. People who know me usually buy me some bottles. When they're done, I won't buy anything for a while

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I go through binges where I will drink a lot of Gin or whiskey, then I might not drink anything for several months

The holidays are definitely a binge period. People who know me usually buy me some bottles. When they're done, I won't buy anything for a while
so your saying your cheap You only drink what other people buy you:suds:
its cool if u can get away with it

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nice.

I drink. My go to is beer, it's a year round thing but will take a week off here and there, sometimes a month but usually a few a night.

I drink booze here and there, just not a buyer here in Utah and usually don't bring it home, but I liked that single barrel and went for it.

As far as booze goes, to me the bigger sip I can take and not get throat shiver from the better. Not gulps, just a nice sip to get the full flavor effect. It's usually whiskey for me, maybe 1 bottle of Tequila or Mezcal a year. Agaves are a little more harsh, but some of the better ones are very nice. I'm not talking about Cuervo or other commercial stuff and I usually have my Hispanic buddies in Tucson tell me where the bear shits in the buckwheat on what is good.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so your saying your cheap You only drink what other people buy you:suds:
its cool if u can get away with it

I'd like to go thru life like that, but it just hasn't worked out for me. Probably why I'm cheap about most things

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My tequila knowledge is pretty limited. Beer, Bourbon and Hendricks for me

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If I remember I'll clue you in on the direction they send me this year. I honestly couldn't tell you what I got the last couple years unless I saw the bottle. They were both Mezcal and 1 was awesome and the other was ok.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I DONT REMEMBER ANYTHING WHEN I DRINK TEKILLA:suds:

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you’re the Bills, do you play starters tomorrow? You have officially lost the bye (well, by the end of this 4Q) so do you make tomorrow the “bye” so to speak? All you’re playing for is to be home in the conference semifinal because if they lose they likely finish as the 3 seed not the 2 seed. An added layer is that as the 3 seed Bills won’t get neutral field for AFC championship game vs Chiefs. How do you prioritize that?
-Chance to rest starters in a make shift bye with no chance left at the real bye
- Chance to play Bengals at home and Chiefs on neutral field vs Bengals and Chiefs on the road as 3 seed.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you’re the Bills, do you play starters tomorrow? You have officially lost the bye (well, by the end of this 4Q) so do you make tomorrow the “bye” so to speak? All you’re playing for is to be home in the conference semifinal because if they lose they likely finish as the 3 seed not the 2 seed. An added layer is that as the 3 seed Bills won’t get neutral field for AFC championship game vs Chiefs. How do you prioritize that?
-Chance to rest starters in a make shift bye with no chance left at the real bye
- Chance to play Bengals at home and Chiefs on neutral field vs Bengals and Chiefs on the road as 3 seed.
its the patriots trust me they want to knock us out plus theres that hamlin guy to play for:suds:

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I DONT REMEMBER ANYTHING WHEN I DRINK TEKILLA:suds:

If you get drunk on it, it tends to be a bit of a rowdy drunk. Maybe that's just me and my observations, but it's what I've noticed, if I noticed