• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 14: Redskins @ Eagles

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think picking between these two guys is like choosing between 1A and 1B. Both were clearly important in the game today. Reed played a bit but was not the normal JReed.

Jackson's ability to get deep is nearly unparalleled. Can he still do it 2 or 3 years from now? He is a little guy.

Garcon is used as more of a possession receiver. He adds many skills that Jackson does not have though. He is a year older than DJax. Which one do you think will hold up better?

I'd like to keep both. Add Reed and Crowder and that is a hell of a receiving corps. Nothing to do but wait and see what these guys get offered by others and the Redskins.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want both back. Just think it's easier to find a PG style receiver if you had to only have one.

& i feel the opposite.

i feel speed is easy to find

but heart is hard to come by

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think picking between these two guys is like choosing between 1A and 1B. Both were clearly important in the game today. Reed played a bit but was not the normal JReed.

Jackson's ability to get deep is nearly unparalleled. Can he still do it 2 or 3 years from now? He is a little guy.

Garcon is used as more of a possession receiver. He adds many skills that Jackson does not have though. He is a year older than DJax. Which one do you think will hold up better?

I'd like to keep both. Add Reed and Crowder and that is a hell of a receiving corps. Nothing to do but wait and see what these guys get offered by others and the Redskins.
I don't understand this Jackson vs garçon debate. We have the space to sign both. It doesn't have to be one or the other. This doesn't mean we will sign one, or both, but it's not because we can't.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is the reason forums exist j_y. :D

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
& i feel the opposite.

i feel speed is easy to find

but heart is hard to come by
He has more than speed. Hell, we have had faster receivers than Jackson. Armstrong and Ross both are faster. But no one runs the deep route like Jackson and very few can track the deep ball like him and make adjustments mid route to complete the catch. That catch today was like watching willie mays on his miracle catch. Very few receivers in this league make that catch. So to say we can just replace him with another fast receiver just isn't right.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has more than speed. Hell, we have had faster receivers than Jackson. Armstrong and Ross both are faster. But no one runs the deep route like Jackson and very few can track the deep ball like him and make adjustments mid route to complete the catch. That catch today was like watching willie mays on his miracle catch. Very few receivers in this league make that catch. So to say we can just replace him with another fast receiver just isn't right.

well, we can agree to disagree ...

because you talking about tracking ... i dont see it

all I see is speed.

I prefer Garcon who

1. willing to put his body on line to win
  2. does not miss games
  3. has leverage for a fade which the coach wont stop running
  4. can block for the running game
  5. is reliable and your go to guy for a sure completion on 3rd down

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am on record saying I would keep Garcon and Davis.

I also agree about Jackson tracking the ball though. He has an ability that few have. That catch he made today is made by few and if they made the catch few would score also. It is very hard to catch the ball when it comes directly over your head like that. When I was younger and tried things like that it was like there is a blind spot when it is coming over your head. Not many can do that.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not many can do that.

i am no pro athlete ...

but i dont see many WR coming through town with the heart of Garcon either

willing to knock the block off someone in run protection

or willing to get his block knocked off to catch the game winning pass in the end zone

and still not miss a game ...

lord know why he has never been sent into the concussion protocol ....

but, again ... i hope we dont have to turn this into a one or the other decision

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
keep both

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, we can agree to disagree ...

because you talking about tracking ... i dont see it

all I see is speed.

I prefer Garcon who

1. willing to put his body on line to win
  2. does not miss games
  3. has leverage for a fade which the coach wont stop running
  4. can block for the running game
  5. is reliable and your go to guy for a sure completion on 3rd down
As I said in an earlier post, I don't see it as one or the other. They both have unique skills that we need. I'm not disagreeing with anything you've said about garçon, I want him also.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am no pro athlete ...

but i dont see many WR coming through town with the heart of Garcon either

willing to knock the block off someone in run protection

or willing to get his block knocked off to catch the game winning pass in the end zone

and still not miss a game ...

lord know why he has never been sent into the concussion protocol ....

but, again ... i hope we dont have to turn this into a one or the other decision
I agree.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

granted i am completely drunk at this momment ... :suds:

but this is why i dont watch college football or talk during the off season

there are just too many variable going on to get emotionally invested in a decision that come decision time more then likely might not even be an option on the table.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand this Jackson vs garçon debate. We have the space to sign both. It doesn't have to be one or the other. This doesn't mean we will sign one, or both, but it's not because we can't.
I think because of the Doctson pick there is a natural assumption that one won't be brought back. I don't know if Doctson's injury has changd Scot's line of thinking on this. That is assuming he was brought here to replace one next year. Could have been a BPA pick once Kelly got taken and could have been drafted to replace one in 2 or 3 years. Not next year. Only Scot knows the answer.

Keim is usually spot on with stuff like this. He said Pot Roast would be let go when Tandler was swearing by him. Keim feels one will be let go and lately he's been leaning towards Jax being let go.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think because of the Doctson pick there is a natural assumption that one won't be brought back. I don't know if Doctson's injury has changd Scot's line of thinking on this. That is assuming he was brought here to replace one next year. Could have been a BPA pick once Kellys got taken and could have been drafted to replace one in 2 or 3 years. Not next year. Only Scot knows the answer.

Keim is usually spot on with stuff like this. He said Pot Roast would be let go when Tandler was swearing by him. Keim feels one will be let go and lately he's been leaning towards Jax being let go.
That's probably it. As I have also said, we may lose one, or both. But it won't be because we don't want them back or won't make them an offer. They may just get a deal that we can't match. That happens. I guess that a better debate should be about what their value is to us, not should we let one or the other go.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both. I've been saying it for a while. 3 year deals. Fix this D and let's make a run.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
let's make a run.

and we know we have an owner willing to pay whatever it costs to get the job done

& THANK GAWD he has finally chosen to put a football person in charge of personnel decisions.

McCloughan might not make every decision right, but what he has proven when is he makes a wrong decision is he is not going to break the bank doing it.

& he is willing to accept when wrong decisions have been made and move past past them

Matt Jones for example

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Jones get traded on draft day? I could see Jay wanting to cut bait and get a 4th or 5th for him, but from all accounts Scot loves him.