• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 14 Gmen vs Eagles

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To my suprize the Eagles came back. GO EAGLES!

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That ball that got tipped was him trying to make a play when the team was on it's heels. I agree it would killed us but....

We had a TD called back on a phantom holding call

A TD that hit Ward in the hands that was dropped.

A missed field goal

And possibly something else for the haters....the comeback was not set up on his elite skills. It was set up on actual and effective (finally) game planning and play calling that was set up to take best advantage of all the skill backups on the field. It did not ask Carson to play hero ball, even if some of those hero effects came out in a few plays as a result.

It was similar to when a backup QB is brought in (except the reverse as it was backup every other skill position).

The simple fact is Carson has been in a bad way most of the season. He’s been lost mentally and that’s not a place you want a QB with upside and promise.

Simplifying the offense (and getting creative with it at the same time) is what made this comeback. It just so happened that it allowed Carson as a very good QB to have something of a comeback too. And that can be a very good thing for a talented QB.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was an amazing last quarter and change! The entire play calling changed to quick 3 step drops and release as well as up tempo ball. Gone were these long developing 5-7 step drops that the Eagles have ran all year without success. Gone were these run the clock down to 0 seconds every play where you are rushing to even get a play off! Do I think this wins propels us the rest of the way into the playoffs? Who knows? It's a momentum type sport .. but credit Carson Wentz for a fantastic comeback. Yes it was against the 2 win Giants, but we were down to 1 receiver who was on the streets a few weeks ago and having to use 3rd string TE Josh Perkins as a starting WR (who hadn't caught a ball all year till this game where he had 5 catches). Add on top of that horrible weather and the pressure of our season on the line down 14 points late ... Wentz was simply amazing that last quarter and a half! This is the type of performance that can really build confidence for him and whatever changes in the play calling happened ... we need to stick with it! Boston Scott was a beast ... I've been calling for him to get a chance since we picked him up; drop Ajayi, bring up WR M Michel and get Scott more reps moving forward! Losing Lane Johnson is really bad ... Big V flat out sucks, there's no way around that. RT will be a monster problem for the rest of the year. Hopefully Lane is back for the playoffs should we make it. At least we get to play some more meaningful games, I thought we would be in full off season mode after this one :)

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They definitely need to bring Marken Michel and probably some other receivers in.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's so sad but Greg Ward is their best receiver.

Howie got a lot of credit the year we won the Super Bowl, but his performance since has been abysmal. We need better personnel people.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was an amazing last quarter and change! The entire play calling changed to quick 3 step drops and release as well as up tempo ball. Gone were these long developing 5-7 step drops that the Eagles have ran all year without success. Gone were these run the clock down to 0 seconds every play where you are rushing to even get a play off! Do I think this wins propels us the rest of the way into the playoffs? Who knows? It's a momentum type sport .. but credit Carson Wentz for a fantastic comeback. Yes it was against the 2 win Giants, but we were down to 1 receiver who was on the streets a few weeks ago and having to use 3rd string TE Josh Perkins as a starting WR (who hadn't caught a ball all year till this game where he had 5 catches). Add on top of that horrible weather and the pressure of our season on the line down 14 points late ... Wentz was simply amazing that last quarter and a half! This is the type of performance that can really build confidence for him and whatever changes in the play calling happened ... we need to stick with it! Boston Scott was a beast ... I've been calling for him to get a chance since we picked him up; drop Ajayi, bring up WR M Michel and get Scott more reps moving forward! Losing Lane Johnson is really bad ... Big V flat out sucks, there's no way around that. RT will be a monster problem for the rest of the year. Hopefully Lane is back for the playoffs should we make it. At least we get to play some more meaningful games, I thought we would be in full off season mode after this one :)
V is much better as a starter than a backup.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the kind of win they can build on.

Man was that pathetic for 2/3s.

JJAW made ONE play.
Sidney Jones made ONE play.

If we get anything more than zero from 2nd round picks we have a chance.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JJaw is a bust and I'm seldom one to call rookies a bust. The dude can't run a sharp route ... sooo slow in and out of cuts. He relied on contested catches in college and that has not translated to the pro level. WR needs to be a huge priority this off season.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he may be a bust, not sure of that yet. But I AM sure he will never be more than a possession receiver, and we need SPEED to stretch defenses out there.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JJaw is a bust and I'm seldom one to call rookies a bust. The dude can't run a sharp route ... sooo slow in and out of cuts. He relied on contested catches in college and that has not translated to the pro level. WR needs to be a huge priority this off season.

I'm not disagreeing with you but, there was a couple times last night ESPN showed the whole field and there was open receivers down the field but Carson was targeting Ertz.

Im not saying its Carson's fault either, ( cause I would target somebody as well if guys kept dropping balls I threw)
But this goes back to the QB coach and the OC being on the same page, there has to be balance on the play calling, dump routes so when the pocket breaks down on him he has some where to go with the damn ball..

There is a ton of stuff they need to fix, but it was good to see Wentz having fun in the 4th quarter!

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why in the hell would you add another head case to this roster, this roster can't get out of their own way most of the time!

And don't say " the locker will keep him in check" that motto sailed with Chris Long retired!
Talent
Catching ability
Getting open ability
Speed
Quickness
Tight as Fuck routes
To win

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many good rookie receivers all over the league too.

They should have gone with Thornhill like I wanted. Or a DT where we knew our depth sucked.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why in the hell would you add another head case to this roster, this roster can't get out of their own way most of the time!

And don't say " the locker will keep him in check" that motto sailed with Chris Long retired!

Eventually you need to add "talent" ... I would take the chance with AB on a conditional deal. The problem is that I am not sure how long it will take the league to ok him to play. He likely goes on the commish exempt list as soon as he signs until it all gets figured out.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eventually you need to add "talent" ... I would take the chance with AB on a conditional deal. The problem is that I am not sure how long it will take the league to ok him to play. He likely goes on the commish exempt list as soon as he signs until it all gets figured out.
Let Mossad deal with Goodell. Sign him and start the action.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I couldn't help but wonder if Doug and some of the other coaches took the gameplan over sometime in the 3rd Q. Adjustments had to be made. We all know well that this OC cannot adjust his fly. Did they maybe just grab control and cobble this together?

If the take away from this game is the tempo, the 3 step drops, not running the clock down to 0 on every play and that is it we still stand a better chance the rest of the way. These were some crushing things that were going on. Heard it mentioned on podcast this morning....but of course it was easier to play tempo and not run the clock down so low last night. They had, maybe, one skill player left to sub in. Makes it easier to not run the clock down and plod along.

It also eliminated the cute "we are smarter than the room" playcall bullshit that has bogged us down so much. I hope that is seen. I hope there is not a return to that arrogant "we are so smart" bullshit next week, or the Deadskins are gonna get us.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sign him and he's a frickin hamstring injury away from one and done in Philly!

I don't think the league lets him play this year