• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 12- Thanksgiving week.... Lightning Bolts at Broncos

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good team win yesterday. Lock though WTF?

Hope this team can stay in the hunt. Tough few games.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos have the formula to beat the Chiefs - run game and defense. Go for it! It's time!

Loved the reaction to Quinn Bailey's game ball in the locker room. This team has picked itself off the mat and is playing good ball in December. Love it!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are people still wanting to see Drew Lock in over Bridgewater?

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’d take Lock + Scangarello over Bridgewater + Shurmur, but that’s impossible at this point. Shurmur has no clue how to use Lock.

Bridgewater has performed well… with the lead. We’ve been terrible playing from behind though. Need to find a way to fix that.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes. I would like to see a legitimate four game stretch of his work with the ones. Live bullets. Full game plan. Yes. I would like to see that. I believe Lock has superior arm talent to Bridgewater. The interception was frightful, but all we’ve seen from Lock this season is him being thrown into games cold and sideways. Perhaps he’s a complete POS head case, but I still see a guy with arrested development …until I see a larger sampling.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no Lock. he cant be trusted. worst INT and unaware situational football i’ve ever witnessed in person.

the irony is if he would have known how to manage the game at the end of the half he would have started the 2nd half. Lock is trying to win every play when what he should be doing is trying to win the game.

bridgewater is a top level Backup . Lock is a JAG

he made his own bed with his bad decisions last year with Covid being QB1

i no longer live with FOMO when he comes to Lock.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lock is trying to win every play when what he should be doing is trying to win the game.
This. And this was his problem in year 1 and year 2. He keeps trying to force things that aren't there. This is why I don't understand the calls of "lets see what we have in Lock" over the past several weeks. We have seen it, he can't or won't grow so we have seen all he has to offer.

Sidenote: I am terrible at QB evaluation. I thought Mac Jones would be nothing more than a backup or muti-team stop gap at best. Then the dude plays well. Maybe instead of the physical skills I need to focus on mental aspect. Appears to be a theme with the broncos, all the physical gifts you want coupled with a 10 cent head.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still haven't seen Lock's interception. As to the question of Lock's ability to Qb - he reminds me of Jake Plummer and his reputation as a pro prior to becoming a Bronco. Certainly, I wouldn't rate Lock a better prospect at this stage than Plummer was when he came to the Broncos. I believe Lock could succeed in another kind of offense designed to play to his strengths and with the kind of obsessive coaching Shannahan applied to Jake Plummer to make him into a pretty good QB. Jake Plummer's record as a Denver Bronco would make him a team legend on other teams in the NFL who didn't have Elway or Manning to compare him too.

The odd thing with Plummer and Shanahan was Shanahan was great for Plummer's career until it came to the point when Shanahan tried to remove all of the Plummer he could from Plummer and into Shanahan's idea of what a QB should be.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really pulled for Lock as he has all the talent you could want and seems like a good kid, but man the INT just summed up Lock's NFL career. It was mind blowing that he could pull the trigger on making that throw when the information to not make it was so clearly obvious in front of him. There is just no way a solid NFL QB could be in that position and say ya I should put this ball out there. There were only two outcomes (1) a pick or (2) the defender drops a pick. That play closed the door on Lock in Denver for me.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still haven't seen Lock's interception. As to the question of Lock's ability to Qb - he reminds me of Jake Plummer and his reputation as a pro prior to becoming a Bronco. Certainly, I wouldn't rate Lock a better prospect at this stage than Plummer was when he came to the Broncos. I believe Lock could succeed in another kind of offense designed to play to his strengths and with the kind of obsessive coaching Shannahan applied to Jake Plummer to make him into a pretty good QB. Jake Plummer's record as a Denver Bronco would make him a team legend on other teams in the NFL who didn't have Elway or Manning to compare him too.

The odd thing with Plummer and Shanahan was Shanahan was great for Plummer's career until it came to the point when Shanahan tried to remove all of the Plummer he could from Plummer and into Shanahan's idea of what a QB should be.
Plummer was still a sub 60% completion percentage QB in Denver and only eclipsed 20 TD's once when he also threw 20 picks. While I loved his competitiveness, Plummer is overrated by many in Denver IMO.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no Lock. he cant be trusted. worst INT and unaware situational football i’ve ever witnessed in person.

the irony is if he would have known how to manage the game at the end of the half he would have started the 2nd half. Lock is trying to win every play when what he should be doing is trying to win the game.

bridgewater is a top level Backup . Lock is a JAG

he made his own bed with his bad decisions last year with Covid being QB1

i no longer live with FOMO when he comes to Lock.

As much as I wanted to see Lock be the guy here and succeed it is over for him.

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plummer was still a sub 60% completion percentage QB in Denver and only eclipsed 20 TD's once when he also threw 20 picks. While I loved his competitiveness, Plummer is overrated by many in Denver IMO.

Plummer played in the late 90s-early 2000’s. Most QBs were below 60% completions back then. Plummer had a better comp percentage in Denver than Elway did.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plummer played in the late 90s-early 2000’s. Most QBs were below 60% completions back then. Plummer had a better comp percentage in Denver than Elway did.
Perhaps it was the AFC championship in Denver that soured my on Plummer with his 2 Ints and fumbles that gave the game away which was the first playoff game I had attended in person. He was everything that was wrong with Jake the Snake in that game.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plummer had one really good year here (besides the playoff game) the rest was very ho hum. Sad thing is in today's game he would be considered a slightly above average QB. Back in my youth (Elway era) even bad teams had good QB's now good teams don't even have good QB's.

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Plummer had a modern counterpart, I’d say he’s probably most like Ryan Tannehill. Good, never great. In the right situation, can help your team win quite a few games, but probably won’t win you the big one.

Ryan and Jake both ended up getting a breath of fresh elsewhere from where they were drafted and both made AFC Championship games with their new team. Neither would be getting all-pro nods, but both are/were perfectly sufficient in leading their offenses.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plummer has the highest winning percentage of any Denver Bronco QB in history. He was flawed, but he won games.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He went 4-1 in year 1. There’s obviously something there. A rookie OC did well with him. Shurmur just sucks.
I don't necessarily disagree with most of this. (Not a fan of using team stat to define a single player)

My issue is that 1) Lock won't always get to choose his OC and Shurmur is what he has and 2) He hasn't progressed or learned from past mistakes.

Lock favors using his arm to force something than using his head for the smart, if not flashy, decision. As was mentioned before he wants to win every play and not the game. Lock would rather take the low probability 40 yd bomb on 3rd and 5 than a high probability 6 yd pass to continue a drive. And this would have been fine in year 1 and early year 2. And I get that his career start has been interrupted by injury then new OC then covid cancelling preseason but as shown last Sunday he is still forcing the throws. Shurmur didn't call a play that had Lock throwing right at the defender. That was Lock thinking he had the zip and accuracy to sneak it by him. He doesn't, few NFL QBs do. And I don't think that mentality is going to change regardless of OC. Nor do we have the defense or run game to offset the mistakes.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me it seems like Lock’s biggest problem is that every play he wants to go out and show the coaches they made a mistake in not picking him as the starter, Only that’s not what’s best for the team and he instead proves exactly why they didn’t pick him.

“We all know Teddy has a weak arm so I’m gonna show old Vic what he’s missing out on as I zip this ball through a defender to complete it”.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plummer has the highest winning percentage of any Denver Bronco QB in history. He was flawed, but he won games.
Plummer was a boot-legging mofo and left town with one of the cheerleaders to start a family. Smart dude.

D623A790-83D7-4E73-801C-2555C51CB201.jpeg