• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 1, Los Angeles Rams @ Oakland Raiders, 09/10/18, 7:20 PM PDT

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
game #1 for Suh and Donald

:behindsofa:
:lol:

I don't know man, Chucky had to create a whole offensive game plan just to handle them two.

I'm not sure Gruden continues the have Carr throw all them quick throws. It did lead to a couple of INT's after all.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:

I don't know man, Chucky had to create a whole offensive game plan just to handle them two.

I'm not sure Gruden continues the have Carr throw all them quick throws. It did lead to a couple of INT's after all.

Dam right he did. Carr got rattled

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great win. I did get to see some periods of the game as I took my cell with me. Looks like we started out a little bit slow and then exploded especially in the second half.

This team reminds me of the powerhouse teams of the 70's and they showed their muscle in the second half. The D is really coming along and so is the O. Signing all of those players to extensions really has paid off and Gurley looks like a beast as does AD, SuH, Ebukam, and a host of other players.

All I can say is wow!

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great win. I did get to see some periods of the game as I took my cell with me. Looks like we started out a little bit slow and then exploded especially in the second half.

This team reminds me of the powerhouse teams of the 70's and they showed their muscle in the second half. The D is really coming along and so is the O. Signing all of those players to extensions really has paid off and Gurley looks like a beast as does AD, SuH, Ebukam, and a host of other players.

All I can say is wow!

Ebukam was flying around too. Littleton had 13 tackles and 1 INT I believe

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All I can say is wow!
Great game the first half was a defensive gem and the second half was awesome on both sides of the line. Rams were toying with the raiders late in the game. Look out Cardinals.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just me or is it the raiders have no pash rush at all with Mack gone

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Littleton is quietly doing quite well as is Kiser and Wilson when they are in there. All the WR's had an excellent game including Kupp, Cook, and Woods. The O-line started slowly but picked-up where they left-off from last year. I think we allowed one maybe two sacks all night.

The reports by teammates and others appear to be true about Goff's accuracy with the long ball. He was nailing them.

And I absolutley loved the pick-six from Marcus Peters. The reports about being one of, if not the best corner in the league appear to be accurate. He was measuring his guy most of the first half and then lulled D. Carr to sleep for the pick. Brilliant!!!

Man alive. I hope we continue this dominance on Sunday when the vaunted Cards come to town and someone we are familiar with at QB is going to face a shitstorm of a D. The results are predictable.

Last edited:

J-Rod

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being on the east coast, I had to wake up and see that we won. I went to bed nervous after seeing the first half. Don't know if Goff corrected this in the second half, but he holds on to the ball way too long. Thank God Khalil Mack was not on the other side. Overall, nice win to start the season.

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were just held a bunch by the Raiders OL (and more than was actually penalized). Those holding penalties were big, just not as big as sacks would've been.

Held, that's always the excuse. Chandler Jones was held a bunch to, see, I can say it to. Ha ha!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Held, that's always the excuse. Chandler Jones was held a bunch to, see, I can say it to. Ha ha!

It's not an excuse when the refs actually throw the flag (at least 5 times if I remember correctly), which was the main point of my post.

Also, the Raiders threw almost exclusively to the TE and RBs (30 targets altogether) in order to dump the ball off as quickly as possible. Sure, that can be effective, but not if you fall behind and need quick strikes to get back in the game. Plus, you run the risk of your WRs losing focus when you DO need them at crucial parts of the game. It was funny to see the talking heads bemoaning the lack of involvement for Cooper, but that was clearly the game plan to keep the QB upright.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense is just starting to play together, and should only get better getting more experience playing together. Nice second half shut out by the defense, who only played two quick series all preseason and without Donald. This defense is just going get better, scary for other teams.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dm9B3fpU8AAoCMZ.jpg