• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 1: Eagles @ Redskins

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its not a final judgment. If KC comes out like crap Sunday and Wentz dominates that should raise red flags. Just my opinion.
What does Wentz dominating have anything to do with it? If KC plays like crap, he should be critiqued accordingly, no matter what Wentz does. IF Wentz also bombs, doe that somehow make KC's play more acceptable???

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does Wentz dominating have anything to do with it? If KC plays like crap, he should be critiqued accordingly, no matter what Wentz does. IF Wentz also bombs, doe that somehow make KC's play more acceptable???

Wentz is only in his 2nd year. KC should be held to a higher standard b/c he has more experience. Wentz dominating our defense has a lot to do with how things will play out this year. Wentz is expected to bomb b/c of his youth, not KC and his 24M contract. Players who have more experience and make more money should be held to a higher standard. I don't see why this is so hard to understand.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz is only in his 2nd year. KC should be held to a higher standard b/c he has more experience. Wentz dominating our defense has a lot to do with how things will play out this year. Wentz is expected to bomb b/c of his youth, not KC and his 24M contract. Players who have more experience and make more money should be held to a higher standard. I don't see why this is so hard to understand.
That's not. I actually agree with it. What I don't understand is how wentz's play somehow affects the critique of Cousins play. What if they both play great? Does that diminish, somehow, Cousins play because our defense couldn't stop Wentz? What I also don't understand is how, after 1 game, you can call the guy a bust (anyone, not just KC) unless you have ulterior motives (like really, really, really wanting to be able to say "I am right").

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any QB starting in the NFL should be held to the same standard... not based on pay or experience. If you're a starting QB then obviously the coach believes you can perform at a high level. If Wentz fails miserably this year and is benched nobody gonna say well he only had two years. Pay or experience has nothing to do with how we judge our leaders.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not. I actually agree with it. What I don't understand is how wentz's play somehow affects the critique of Cousins play. What if they both play great? Does that diminish, somehow, Cousins play because our defense couldn't stop Wentz? What I also don't understand is how, after 1 game, you can call the guy a bust (anyone, not just KC) unless you have ulterior motives (like really, really, really wanting to be able to say "I am right").

I didn't say bust. I believe we are a playoff team this year. If we lose to the Eagles or the Rams that puts a serious dent in our playoff chances.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say bust. I believe we are a playoff team this year. If we lose to the Eagles or the Rams that puts a serious dent in our playoff chances.
You've been saying bust, in various ways, since the Giant's game last year. After that game, you would have traded him for a baloney sandwich. You just can't put it in perspective.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've been saying bust, in various ways, since the Giant's game last year. After that game, you would have traded him for a baloney sandwich. You just can't put it in perspective.

Any true Redskins fan would be upset after the Giants game. Kc has to justify this 24m contract this year. If he goes out an has bad to average performances against teams that we should beat then its a problem. If KC is the guy you think he is and I hope he is we should be 2-0 with no doubt in my mind. Kc should dominate the lesser competition. He is being paid like the franchise player.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any true Redskins fan would be upset after the Giants game. Kc has to justify this 24m contract this year. If he goes out an has bad to average performances against teams that we should beat then its a problem. If KC is the guy you think he is and I hope he is we should be 2-0 with no doubt in my mind. Kc should dominate the lesser competition. He is being paid like the franchise player.
There is a difference in being upset and wanting to shit can the guy. I was upset. With both KC and the entire team and coaching staff. Hell, I was even upset with my dog. But I've seen enough of this league to understand that this happens to inexperienced QBs. Its quite often a part of the maturation process as a QB. But as we saw last year, its ridiculous to say today that if we don't end up 2-0 that it is automatically the result of KC's play. Now if we end up in mid season in the 2-6/3-5 range and KC has had a couple more flat games, then I would start to draw some conclusions that might question him as our guy. But not after the first game.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a difference in being upset and wanting to shit can the guy. I was upset. With both KC and the entire team and coaching staff. Hell, I was even upset with my dog. But I've seen enough of this league to understand that this happens to inexperienced QBs. Its quite often a part of the maturation process as a QB. But as we saw last year, its ridiculous to say today that if we don't end up 2-0 that it is automatically the result of KC's play. Now if we end up in mid season in the 2-6/3-5 range and KC has had a couple more flat games, then I would start to draw some conclusions that might question him as our guy. But not after the first game.

True but these first two games should be wins. Playing bad in these first two games should sound the alarm. This is year 3 for KC starting, the maturation process should be over. He is getting paid like he is the best at his position. Now its time to prove it.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but these first two games should be wins. Playing bad in these first two games should sound the alarm. This is year 3 for KC starting, the maturation process should be over. He is getting paid like he is the best at his position. Now its time to prove it.

If the maturation process is over, then we should never see any games from him like the one brady had last night, right?

the reality is it is never over. if you think kc, or any QB, won't have a bad game or a bad stretch, you are delusional. what they are paid is immaterial.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, where are you seeing that the first 2 games should be wins? The smart money has the Eagles beating the Redskins. And how does a loss automatically become KC's fault? What if he plays well and the rest of the team sucks? You deal in way too many absolutes.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take is find a better or equal guy and I am fine with that. The metric has changed so many times on the anti KC side ... he doesn't win games by himself, he can't learn anymore, he won because of his receivers, his left big toe is crooked.

I am way too old to have some infatuation with a player. I am also not waiting on the next sure thing. It is wasn't my $660,000 the first year he started and it is not my $24 million now. I just want someone that can play. We haven't seen that in 20 - 25 years. I take that back, Bob for a year.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the maturation process is over, then we should never see any games from him like the one brady had last night, right?

the reality is it is never over. if you think kc, or any QB, won't have a bad game or a bad stretch, you are delusional. what they are paid is immaterial.

Brady was fine last night. The defense let that Pats down.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, where are you seeing that the first 2 games should be wins? The smart money has the Eagles beating the Redskins. And how does a loss automatically become KC's fault? What if he plays well and the rest of the team sucks? You deal in way too many absolutes.

Of course it depends on the flow of the game. I was speaking generally in that sense. jy you will have my full report Sunday night.

Last edited:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dean is such a ABC'r or is completely ignorant of football . tom brady , the goat , played a crappy game in which he made bad decisions and missed wide open wrs for TDS . no way should they lose to the quiefs but they did . no one knows what happens in the NFL but you have this as an easy mail it in win when were are underdogs at HOME

MOST PEOPLE dont think we win this game yet you think its a mail in game

the eagles traded up to get wentz . most people think this kid is going to be a good qb in this league and you think he is tim tebow but only to serve your hate purposes or a need to be "right "

i am looking forward to seeing KC and the team do well and get a win i am not looking for "red flags "

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and you are blind as a bat , he missed at least 3 tds starting with the opening pass. he took a penalty for crossing over the LOS because he didnt know where he was on the field

he was crappy and smith outplayed him , wasnt even close

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tom brady last night , 16-36 267 yds 45.7 qbr 70 qb rtg . 0 tds less then 50% completion pct but he was fine according to dean , laughable

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and you are blind as a bat , he missed at least 3 tds starting with the opening pass. he took a penalty for crossing over the LOS because he didnt know where he was on the field

he was crappy and smith outplayed him , wasnt even close

Iddiint watch the 4th qtr. But he moved the ball fine The got three running Td's inside the 5.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tom brady last night , 16-36 267 yds 45.7 qbr 70 qb rtg . 0 tds less then 50% completion pct but he was fine according to dean , laughable

There you go with the stats again. Yes Brady missed some passes. We are not evaluating Brady. His defense did nothing for him last night. That is always taken into account.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF KC plays on Sunday like Brady did last night, you will be forming a lynching party. Brady missed multiple wide open receivers, including the first play of the game for a TD. He made multiple mental mistakes, including crossing the LOS and passing as well as audibling to a run play on 4th and goal that got stuffed from the 5 yard line. You call that fine? Then I can't wait for your full report Sunday night. My guess is you have already written it.