• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 1: Eagles @ Redskins

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you think KC is worth 24 million plus you are a retard if you think tank is the answer for the future you a fucking smart and wise the hole staff needs to go and we need the first pick period anything less then that is retard talk

Whoa. Slow your roll, Captain Hindsight. Before you or dean or country or anyone else nominated themselves as the Official Town Crier for our little slice of All Things Redskins on the Hoop. I was speaking on shit that I thought needed to change. That included Kirk's RZ play. the RBs and the OL's play in short yardage/goal line situations. the play calling in certain situations, the defense's inability to get off the field on 3rd dn. All of that shit. The only person who I'd say was on the "Maybe Kirk isn't the guy." bandwagon before me was @Stymietee. Lets not start with this revisionist history bullshit.

But the only thing that would be stupider than paying Cuz 25+ mill per year. Would be going all in on your Retards is Gonna be Retards plan of firing the entire staff and tanking an entire season to get as high of a draft pick as possible.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC played poorly, and some will blame him, but you have to consider the dropoff in receiver talent. Your TE is also clearly injured, he looked tentative out there.

This was a team loss and that includes the coaching staff. I liked Kirk's moxie on a lotta plays today, but that RZ INT was a killer. I was wishing we still had Djax more than a couple times today. Our most dependable wide out today was Ryan Grant and Josh Dotson was a complete disappoint,ment and no-show today with 0 catches for 0 yards.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one game does not a season make

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa. Slow your roll, Captain Hindsight. Before you or dean or country or anyone else nominated themselves as the Official Town Crier for our little slice of All Things Redskins on the Hoop. I was speaking on shit that I thought needed to change. That included Kirk's RZ play. the RBs and the OL's play in short yardage/goal line situations. the play calling in certain situations, the defense's inability to get off the field on 3rd dn. All of that shit. The only person who I'd say was on the "Maybe Kirk isn't the guy." bandwagon before me was @Stymietee. Lets not start with this revisionist history bullshit.

But the only thing that would be stupider than paying Cuz 25+ mill per year. Would be going all in on your Retards is Gonna be Retards plan of firing the entire staff and tanking an entire season to get as high of a draft pick as possible.
i see your point its riskey but look at it this way why not? it will solve problems.. kirk will be gone we can move on from this shit we can land the best qb in draft since P.manning or luck etc it frees up cap space for real help if needed and we can still draft bad ass scotty m players if you like yes its riskey but the up side is better then what we got

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
brown had a good game , fuller played very well , BB and norman played well ionman and RK had good games

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree but at what point do we just say fuck it and get rosen or donald and tank .. the kirk and FO drama would end we will get a p,manning type qb it may or may not work out but whats the option here pay kirk the money then have no money for free agent up grades that make a impact, flirt with 4-9 wins every year, or say you no what fuck it lets tank, lets get more help on defense( money from kirk) draft good and still have the best qb in the draft since p manning

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i see your point its riskey but look at it this way why not? it will solve problems.. kirk will be gone we can move on from this shit we can land the best qb in draft since P.manning or luck etc it frees up cap space for real help if needed and we can still draft bad ass scotty m players if you like yes its riskey but the up side is better then what we got

Remember how long it took before we knew Greg Manusky was gonna be the Skins new Def Co? How much harder to you think it will be to hire an entirely new staff? Whatever you or anyone thinks of Gruden. Of all these HCs, Joe Gibbs, Marty Shotty, Steve Spurrier, Mike Shanny and Gruden. Gruden is the ONLY one to post consecutive back to back over .500 seasons in the era of Snyder ownership. Joe G and Shanny are inducted into the Hall of Fame HCs with 5 Super Bowl wins between them. His playoff record not withstanding. Marty knew how to whip a team into shape and he brought a grit and toughness to the Skins that hadn't been detectable since the days of Gibbs 1.0. And Spurrier, even though I think he's a full on clown is a very good to great offensive minded college HC who's in the college hall of fame I believe.

If you fire the entire staff this year, at any time this year. You and J and Stymiee and me might end up as coaches on the Redskins staff. Cuz idiots like us will only think of the money. Than the rest of us as coaches would have to kidnap you before the draft and keep you under wraps till after the draft is over. Before you trade away our entire draft to move up high enough to draft whoever you want to draft.

Last edited:

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Indeed. I was hoping for a 1-0 start, but wasn't surprised to see the Skins loss and look rusty, lost or downright terrible at times..

We've started out every year under Gruden at 0-1. That can't be changed now. They do still have a chance to prevent a 1-2 start though. There still a lotta football to be played meaning there's still a lot to hope for as well. At the very least though. Lets give em 3 or 4 weeks before we start telling everyone and ourselves that the sky is falling.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indeed. I was hoping for a 1-0 start, but wasn't surprised to see the Skins loss and look rusty, lost or downright terrible at times..

We've started out every year under Gruden at 0-1. That can't be changed now. They do still have a chance to prevent a 1-2 start though. There still a lotta football to be played meaning there's still a lot to hope for as well. At the very least though. Lets give em 3 or 4 weeks before we start telling everyone and ourselves that the sky is falling.

sorry our 24M QB has to play better than that. Wentz looks like the veteran not KC

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if it makes you feel any better Philly isnt very good. OLine (interior) sucks. No CBs now that Darby went down and Peterson is a brutal playcaller.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if it makes you feel any better Philly isnt very good. OLine (interior) sucks. No CBs now that Darby went down and Peterson is a brutal playcaller.

True. Skins kind of gave you this one today.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moses is not making 40M this year.

Moses got handed $20M guaranteed and a $40M extension total. And he played like a bitch on roller skates.. as usual.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moses got handed $20M guaranteed and a $40M extension total. And he played like a bitch on roller skates.. as usual.

Kc is making 24M this year and is still throwing picks in the endzone as usual. Are you going to blame Moses for the over throws too? It all starts with the QB