• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Weber!!! 14yr/100mill offer sheet??!! Phucking Fabulous!! (and related threads)

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's up guys...first post. I agree with ProppRules, there has to be more to this. I haven't seen anyone speculate about this yet but maybe Nashville wanted the offer to save a little face with their fans. Maybe they knew they couldn't sign Weber and trading him would upset the fanbase so the Flyers sign him to the offer sheet we did and Pred management can say "hey, we are small market, we can't afford that". As hurt as Preds fans may be, I'm sure most believe they cant realistically match so they don't begrudge Preds ownership. Just a thought.

Welcome to the board RT. :madgrin:

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly

Tough as hell to pay out all your gate revenue into one player.Where do they get the money for next years payroll?

There is a good reason they are at the cap floor and have about 29 mil in space.Low revenues

Who cares.........fuck em! :becky:

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see some are starting their "what's the big deal??!!" routine over on the main board. haha Like this isn't...

I love it.

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see some are starting their "what's the big deal??!!" routine over on the main board. haha Like this isn't...

I love it.

lol... jealousy is a bitch... :heh:

and... Rolling Thunder, "Welcome to SportsHoopla" These guys here on this board are pretty good people.... enjoy...:nod:

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is fraking Shea Weber I get it.
Shenn and COuts are going to be superstars as well.
Lets hope Nashville just walks away

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i don't really get what we owe to them. i know that the gm's in this league have a code of some sorts with eachother, but really this is business. homer doesnt have to trade with them now so why bother?

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't really get what we owe to them. i know that the gm's in this league have a code of some sorts with eachother, but really this is business. homer doesnt have to trade with them now so why bother?

I absolutely agree with this which is why posted in another thread how will Poile and Homer remain friends after this mess that Nashville is in. Seriously, Nashville is fucked in do many ways when you think about it. If I'm Poile, I'd take the 4 1st rounders because that seems to be the safest bet w/o crippling the franchise financially. Just my two cents boys!

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

agree. Fuck mr. nicer guy!!!!

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF I could get away with trading Simmons and or Read along with either Mez and two of the picks .... then I might. But if Nashville wants Cooter and or the Schenns...screw them. Choke on the 4 late 20's picks.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No trade. Not worth it. Regardless though, if NSH matches, doubt they talk to us for a while.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you have to love the flyers for pressing the envelope yet again !

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yes, and let us not forget Rinne's new deal also kicks in next season. Not sure of the realy salaries, but I bet it is frontloaded.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No trade. Not worth it. Regardless though, if NSH matches, doubt they talk to us for a while.

I don't know. I mean, wouldn't some sort of 'gentleman's agreement' have to be formed between Homer and Poile in the first place, to keep the Preds from matching?

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. I mean, wouldn't some sort of 'gentleman's agreement' have to be formed between Homer and Poile in the first place, to keep the Preds from matching?

Why? Homer and Poile have talked for awhile about getting Weber, but not at the cost that Poile was asking. So Homer said fuck it and submitted an offer sheet to Nashville. Here's the deal, the Zpreds may very well match the Flyers, but this is going to hurt them badly financially. I think Homer and Poile won't be best of friends once this ends.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Homer and Poile have talked for awhile about getting Weber, but not at the cost that Poile was asking. So Homer said fuck it and submitted an offer sheet to Nashville. Here's the deal, the Zpreds may very well match the Flyers, but this is going to hurt them badly financially. I think Homer and Poile won't be best of friends once this ends.

He's their franchise player. I read this in the Meltzer column today:

I can't see the team (Preds), which is forced to spend nearly $14 million just to reach the temporary cap floor for 2012-13, NOT finding a way to come up with the money to match if that is their only option.

Like I said, I think that Homer and Poile would have to have some later deals promised for the Preds not to match.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's their franchise player. I read this in the Meltzer column today:

NESTED QUOTE: I can't see the team (Preds), which is forced to spend nearly $14 million just to reach the temporary cap floor for 2012-13, NOT finding a way to come up with the money to match if that is their only option. END NESTED QUOTE

Like I said, I think that Homer and Poile would have to have some later deals promised for the Preds not to match.

Two things - first of all, the Preds have to spend $14 million to reach the cap floor, but if they take this contract on, they end up having to spend $33 million instead, because the deal pays $27 million before the time they can trade him and only eats up 7.whatever million of the cap space, meaning they have to pay that money AND spend another 6.whatever to make the floor. That $19 million is a pretty significant difference.

Second, the other reason Poile might not match is if Weber has told him he absolutely doesn't want to play there - I don't THINK he has, and it might not stop Poile from matching him anyway, but it's a possibility.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love any offer sheet which ends in one of two ways:

One - Weber stays out west forever.
Two - Weber in orange and black, forever.